PDA

View Full Version : Tadao Board vs. Virtue Board

FLiP_416
10-14-2007, 09:03 PM
Hi, I've been playing paintball for about 6 months now and I am loving it. I just bought the VS2 about a month ago and I am very satisfied about my purchase. I don't play in any tournaments or anything, but when i do play with a couple of buddies or just at a local paint ball sites this gun does the trick.

Now that i gotten accustomed to this marker I wanted to do an upgrade on its circuit board. I was looking at both the Tadao Board and the Virtue Board and both offered great modes to the gun. But while i was searching the net, I wasn't able to find a full review on both board so it is really hard to choose the one that would suit me.... Also, in most of the reviews i found, they would tell the modes, but not explain what they do... lol...what the heck is a psp mode anyways..lol:p

Well it would be great to hear what everyone else thinks about what board is good for this gun. Right now im kinda leaning towards the Tadao Board just because it kept charging input on the board and it uses of both power buttons on the back of the gun....

FLiP_416
10-14-2007, 09:15 PM
Hi, I've been playing paintball for about 6 months now and I am loving it. I just bought the VS2 about a month ago and I am very satisfied about my purchase. I don't play in any tournaments or anything, but when i do play with a couple of buddies or just at a local paint ball sites this gun does the trick.

Now that i gotten accustomed to this marker I wanted to do an upgrade on its circuit board. I was looking at both the Tadao Board and the Virtue Board and both offered great modes to the gun. But while i was searching the net, I wasn't able to find a full review on both board so it is really hard to choose the one that would suit me.... Also, in most of the reviews i found, they would tell the modes, but not explain what they do... lol...what the heck is a psp mode anyways..lol

Well it would be great to hear what everyone else thinks about what board is good for this gun. Right now im kinda leaning towards the Tadao Board just because it kept charging input on the board and it uses of both power buttons on the back of the gun....

big_daddy_d
10-14-2007, 11:30 PM
either one would do the job... just personal preference

faithalone
10-15-2007, 02:36 AM
Greetings and great question.

I cannot speak personally about the Virtue board but can about the Tadao and also the T-Board which is an option. I favor the Tadao because it is supported by Spyder, uses the stock eyes and has the upgrade chip available which is killer!

I had some problems with my t-board and because you have to use their eyes every time I stripped down my marker it was a nightmare because the most difficult thing was getting the eyes to stay in the little channel between the trigger frame and the body (could have just been my big fat fingers too though!).

The tboard did have some nice modes and settings and the programming was easy to learn. Installation is not as easy with the t-board because you have to use the dyd membrane buttons that they supply and you also have to move some wires around inside of the connectors.

Having said that....the Tadao board drops right in and you can use the eyes that you already have. Now out of the box the Tadao does not have many settings but for $20 you can get the upgrade chip and it rocks hard and gives you much more control. I wish I could have captured the faces at this field I was at for the first time yesterday. Here were all these guys shooting a barrel with their $1000 markers and my Spyder outshot them. They could not believe it! It was one of the happiest moments in my life <-- (insert tears here!) hehee

As far as the modes, here is the info from the Tadao upgrade chips instructions that explains what the modes are and you can go and view the tboard instructions at the VS User Group website http://www.***********.com and click on downloads.

Have fun!

Fire mode – Included are 12 different fire modes (default is 1):
1. Semi-automatic, unlimited rate of fire
2. Semi-automatic, adjustable rate of fire
3. PSP auto-response
4. PSP 50% ramping, adjustable ramp start
5. PSP 100% ramping, adjustable ramp start
6. PSP burst
7. NXL full-automatic
8. Auto-response
9. 50% ramping
10. 100% ramping
11. 3 round burst
12. Full-automatic

Setting 1 is normal semi-automatic with an unlimited rate of fire while the eyes are enabled. When the eyes are turned off, the max rate of fire is set to 30 balls per second.

Setting 2 is semi-automatic with an adjustable rate of fire. It limits the maximum balls per second that can be fired. The cap is set by the max rate of fire setting.

Setting 3 is the PSP auto-response fire mode that works as follows:
• The first 3 shots of a string are semi-automatic
• After the 4th shot the marker will fire on the pull and release in auto-response mode
• If the user stops firing for more than 1 second, the 3-shot semi-automatic count starts over

Setting 4 is the PSP 50% ramping fire mode that works as follows:
• After the 4th shot the marker will ramp, adding 1 additional shot for every 2 pulled by the user, as long as the user pulls the trigger faster than the ramp start setting
• If the user stops firing for more than 1 second, the 3-shot semi-automatic count starts over

Setting 5 is the PSP 100% ramping fire mode that works as follows:
• After the 4th shot the marker will ramp up to the loader’s maximum speed or the maximum rate of fire, as long as the user pulls the trigger faster than the ramp start setting

Setting 6 is the PSP burst fire mode that works as follows:
• After the 4th shot the marker will burst fire 3 shots per pull

Setting 7 is the NXL full-automatic fire mode. It functions similarly to the PSP fire modes except, after the 3rd semi-automatic shot, the user may pull and hold the trigger for the marker to fire in full-automatic.

Setting 8 is the normal auto-response fire mode. The marker will fire on each pull and release of the trigger, generating 2 shots per full pull cycle.

Setting 9 is the normal 50% ramping fire mode. The marker will fire in semi-automatic unless the user pulls the trigger faster than the ramp start setting. Once the ramp start setting has been achieved, the marker will 50% ramp, adding 1 additional shot for every 2 trigger pulls.

Setting 10 is the normal 100% ramping fire mode. The marker will fire in semi-automatic unless the user pulls the trigger faster than the ramp start setting. Once the ramp start setting has been achieved, the marker will ramp up to the maximum feed rate of the loader or the maximum rate of fire setting, whichever is lower.

Setting 11 is the normal 3 round burst fire mode. The marker will burst fire 3 times for every pull and release of the trigger.

Setting 12 is the normal full-automatic fire mode. As long as the trigger is depressed the marker will fire in full-automatic.

applesauce
10-15-2007, 02:55 AM
psp ramp = 2 or 3 shots semi auto, then it ramps to a preset pbs (15 on average)

so its *click, click, click, ramp*

dont own either, but i would figure out which is more user friendly. esp if you dont know much about electronics and that type of stuff.

vikingshadow
10-15-2007, 03:51 AM
^^^ Not quite.

PSP ramp = three shots in semi, then three shots every pull of the trigger up to 15 bps so long as you maintain a certain finger speed.

so it's *one pull click, one pull click, one pull click, one pull clickclickclick, one pull clickclickclick, etc..* If you let off the trigger for one second, it goes back to semi for three shots.

Other mods are millenium (you pull a certain speed and it adds shots to a certain speed - or up to the speed of your loader , or uncapped), full auto, auto response (gun shoots on pull of trigger, then shots again on release of trigger) and a multitude of other ramping-type modes.

They both are fully adjustable for ramping speed, firing speed, debounce, dwell, eye sensitivity, etc etc etc - all technical stuff that you learn as you use the boards...

I own a Virtue board and I love it. However, an aftermarket board is an aftermarket board is an aftermarket board. They all offer different firing modes, and they all go faster than you can move your fingers. They will both do basically the same things which is more than anyone really needs. I'm not sure about the tadao board, but Virtue has a lifetime warranty, so that's always a plus.

My suggestion is always that if you really think you need one, get the one you can afford, and the one you can get right now and just go play.

PS - DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A FLAME THREAD! CONSIDER THIS YOUR FIRST THREE WARNINGS. ANYONE THAT IGNORES THIS WARNING WILL BE TAKING A VACATION!

vikingshadow
10-15-2007, 03:53 AM
Two threads are not needed. I'll get the two threads merged, but let's keep this to the one thread, k?

Also, see warning in other thread - consider this your first three warnings - flaming results in bannishment!

NeedForSpeed
10-15-2007, 07:37 AM
Whenever I have ever upgraded boards in my markers I've always used the Tadao. It's really just personaly preference because both boards do the same thing pretty much. I also like the named Tadao better:rolleyes:

FLiP_416
10-15-2007, 09:42 AM
you guys are awesome.. thanks soo much for the quick reply:) Im with all the info i got from you guys, im thinkin of getting the Tadao board... lol.. now the only question is where do i get it..lol... Im from Toronto, Canada and I called all the paintball stores in the area and no one has them... im concidering picking it up from Ebay...

FLiP_416
10-15-2007, 09:44 AM
Im sorry brotha.. i just didn't know what section to put this in:(

^^^ Not quite.

PSP ramp = three shots in semi, then three shots every pull of the trigger up to 15 bps so long as you maintain a certain finger speed.

so it's *one pull click, one pull click, one pull click, one pull clickclickclick, one pull clickclickclick, etc..* If you let off the trigger for one second, it goes back to semi for three shots.

Other mods are millenium (you pull a certain speed and it adds shots to a certain speed - or up to the speed of your loader , or uncapped), full auto, auto response (gun shoots on pull of trigger, then shots again on release of trigger) and a multitude of other ramping-type modes.

They both are fully adjustable for ramping speed, firing speed, debounce, dwell, eye sensitivity, etc etc etc - all technical stuff that you learn as you use the boards...

I own a Virtue board and I love it. However, an aftermarket board is an aftermarket board is an aftermarket board. They all offer different firing modes, and they all go faster than you can move your fingers. They will both do basically the same things which is more than anyone really needs. I'm not sure about the tadao board, but Virtue has a lifetime warranty, so that's always a plus.

My suggestion is always that if you really think you need one, get the one you can afford, and the one you can get right now and just go play.

PS - DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A FLAME THREAD! CONSIDER THIS YOUR FIRST THREE WARNINGS. ANYONE THAT IGNORES THIS WARNING WILL BE TAKING A VACATION!

vikingshadow
10-15-2007, 01:48 PM
No problemo - we got it taken care of, and now you know!

Chris Cole
10-15-2007, 05:00 PM
I say go with the Tadao. Way cheaper. Also, it's very easy to setup out of the box.

timmyshoota
10-15-2007, 05:03 PM
I'd get Tadao purely because its a Kingman approved upgrade. When it all boils down, 99% of people won't notice the difference in the boards. Go with the one you think is prettier, or in this case, since its a factory approved upgrade, go for that one.

FLiP_416
10-19-2007, 08:04 PM
well i gots the tadao board and it works great... it was soo easy to install as well as to learn how to change the firing modes.. i think im goin to invest more into buys the chip for this board so i can get full auto. the only question i have is what is debounce... and also can i dry fire with this board... i don't really know how to turn off the eyes.. thanks:)

Muddytaco
10-19-2007, 10:31 PM
debounce controls trigger bounce, the higher the number the less bounce you will have.

to turn the eyes off hold the eye button in for 1 sec.

DRAGON
10-20-2007, 09:29 AM
well i gots the tadao board and it works great... it was soo easy to install as well as to learn how to change the firing modes.. i think im goin to invest more into buys the chip for this board so i can get full auto...........

Too bad you didn't wait (http://www.sundragonpps.com/paintball_spps_specials.html) -

FLiP_416
10-20-2007, 03:34 PM
wicked, thanks brotha:)

debounce controls trigger bounce, the higher the number the less bounce you will have.

to turn the eyes off hold the eye button in for 1 sec.

FLiP_416
10-20-2007, 03:39 PM
lol... ****ty deal:p.. but no worries.. i eneded up getting the tadao booard for $69 at canadianpaintball. The chip on the other hand, now i gots to find that one..lol

Too bad you didn't wait (http://www.sundragonpps.com/paintball_spps_specials.html) -

jakobe
11-02-2007, 03:07 PM
I would like to see some pics of the LED inteface on the Tadao board.

I have an MR1 that has been heavily modded and now I am buying a VS3 in a week or two..(soon as I find one at a good price)

I want to upgrade the board and chip immediately, but would like to learn more about the interface.

if you guys have pics of the tadao lit up or at least the interface lights..please post them

I cant even find them on the Tadao site.

thanks

jakobe
11-02-2007, 03:13 PM
lol... ****ty deal:p.. but no worries.. i eneded up getting the tadao booard for $69 at canadianpaintball. The chip on the other hand, now i gots to find that one..lol

chip

http://www.tadaotechnologies.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=3&idproduct=52