PDA

View Full Version : MR1 or Xtra?

brickmate
10-11-2007, 09:23 PM
hey, not really sure where to post this but I was just wondering whether any of you guys know if the MR1 or xtra would be a better bet for me

I am just starting to get into paintball and plan on going about once a month just at a forest around my town and probably once every three months at a paintball field. I am probably going to get a 20 oz. co2 tank and not a new barrel for a little while. Because I am just beginning I am not planning on spending a ton so if you guys got any advice or even a better gun for me to get I would appreciate it.

NeedForSpeed
10-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Of those two I would get an MR1 because it's top cocking. Xtra is rear cocking and that's annoying. It all depends on how much you're looking to spend on what we could tell you to get. If you let me know I could try to hook you up with a deal if you'd like.

chnk
10-12-2007, 05:12 AM
well they are both basically the same thing perforance wise, so

mr1 just cause it looks cooler than the xtra,

agurish
10-12-2007, 01:11 PM
Get the MR-1... The upgrade potential is soo much better!

-AGURISH

brickmate
10-12-2007, 02:56 PM
hey thanks for the feedback, I was thinking of the MR-1 and this just reassured me

The Pumper
10-12-2007, 03:04 PM
Get the MR-1... The upgrade potential is soo much better!

-AGURISHThats if you are going to do woodsball.

MR series is designed for a woodsball platform. It can be used with either woodsball or speedball, but alot of woodsballers use 1 of the 3 MR markers.

Depends on which type of paintball you like to play.

Speed=Xtra
Woods=mr1

I have a mech spyder and I love it. I use it all around..woods and speedball.

ajsla13
10-12-2007, 09:33 PM
i love my mr-1. top cocking is great and the quick strip bolt is very nice too. i put a smart parts 14" progressive barrel and mine is right on the money. i also use formula 13 paint, it seems to work well with this combination

spray and pray
10-13-2007, 02:46 AM
What Xtra are you talking about because If it is the 07 than it's top cocking. Go with the Xtra if it is the 07. If not than get the MR1.

SupaSnipa
10-13-2007, 05:51 AM
I say MR-1.... if you're like me and get started by playing woodsball i say get the MR-1 because they can take a beating and still work

chnk
10-13-2007, 09:05 PM
Thats if you are going to do woodsball.

MR series is designed for a woodsball platform. It can be used with either woodsball or speedball, but alot of woodsballers use 1 of the 3 MR markers.

Depends on which type of paintball you like to play.

Speed=Xtra
Woods=mr1

I have a mech spyder and I love it. I use it all around..woods and speedball.

they both shoot slow and have he same trigger frame, so their performance is the same, so the only thing i'd based this decision on is looks

SupaSnipa
10-14-2007, 06:22 AM
they both shoot slow and have he same trigger frame, so their performance is the same, so the only thing i'd based this decision on is looks

well stated

agurish
10-19-2007, 05:53 AM
The OP (original poster) stated he'd be doing more woodsball than playing at a paintball field (which could be both woods and speedball). I again reiterate my suggestion that he should get the MR-1. With the picatinney/weaver rail on the top of it, the Xtra doesn't even come close for upgrade potential, be it an '07 or any other year model.

-AGURISH

vikingshadow
10-19-2007, 06:51 AM
Hmmmm, a rail doesn't mean it's more upgradeable. It just means you can put a site on it or a light. That doesn't make it more upgradeable.

Both guns have a TON of upgrades for them and you'll be equally happy with either one. With the MR1, you're really limited to upgrading in one direction - milsim. It's basic body design is already geared towards that arena. With some extensive modifications, you can do something else with it. If you go that direction, you've ruled out speedball essentially - too bulky and too heavy to move and cover the way needed on an air, spool or hyperball field. I understand you said you play in the woods mainly, so this doesn't seem to be an issue. However, with the Xtra, you can go in any direction, milsim to tourney speedball. Of course, both can be made low pressure.

Both are spyders, they both have the same trigger and frame, and they both have virtually the same internals. The main difference is the look of the gun. They will BOTH perform the same. Now, the question is, which one is going to be lighter, better looking, or whatever you're going for? This is a decision best made by yourself, and not left to those on a forum.

Before we go further: DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A WOODSBALL/MILSIM/SPEEDBALL ARGUMENT.