PDA

View Full Version : sniper barrels?

interceptorMR2
10-10-2007, 08:01 PM
ok what do you think are the best sniper barrels for the MR2? I was told a few things about a few barrels like the apex, but im not really sure.

Are long barrels fine themselves, should i get a long barrel and an adapter for the apex on the end, or should i just go with an apex, or what? what are the best long range and or accurate barrels. AND DONT TELL ME THERE ARENT SNIPERS BECAUSE IVE BEEN THROUGH THAT ARGUMENT BEFORE. :D

jbtoronto
10-10-2007, 08:27 PM
hammerhead....truly precise-accurate...and 16" inches long.....

10-10-2007, 08:28 PM
just get a jnj and improve your accuracy instead of buying a "trick" barrel

interceptorMR2
10-10-2007, 08:30 PM
yeah idk i was told that j&j wasnt going to work for me that well, and I'm not really sure if i can afford a hammerhead or not :( i can try to get one, but im not really sure, i was told that the apex was my best bet by many people

10-10-2007, 10:26 PM
why wouldn't the jnj work?

darth massacre
10-11-2007, 01:14 AM
Most of the "snipers" in paintball I've seen don't have much bells and whistles on their gun. Its just a mastery of their equipment and a very economical style of play - In fact I got nailed most of the time by pump gun snipers. So there you go.

I don't disagree - there are snipers in paintball.

oldironmudder
10-11-2007, 04:11 AM
I never had any problems out of my 16 winforce when I was into the whole sniper thing. For pball sniping, you need something with good porting but still need a good 8"-9" worth of non-ported barrel.

jbtoronto
10-11-2007, 05:58 AM
hammerhead are not that expensive....

slim and shady
10-11-2007, 08:40 AM
I use the apex, I find that the best because I can greatly increase the range of my shots. Inspite of what alot of people may think the apex is accurate. But if you are not looking for the longer shots most people here prefure the JJ barrels. But real all you need is a barrel with good paint to bore size and that will give you the best accuracy.

interceptorMR2
10-11-2007, 05:46 PM
yeah you told me a bunch of the stuff i needed a while back slim, thanks again for that. I have heard a ton of good stuff about the apex and that will probably be the next barrel I get but is there a way of maybe getting an adapter to put the apex on a JJ barrel? i heard that you can fit them onto different barrels and I thought, what better to have those two barrels together? i am very into longshot accuracy if that helps

slim and shady
10-11-2007, 07:24 PM
All you need is an "underground apex mod adapter" there are 2 styles made, one that I am told fits vertually any barrel with the exception of the palmer. that concludes the second style, one that fits the palmer barrels.

I have mine on a progressive it works great, in truth I am told that you dont even need the adapter you can use electrical tape, but I thought hey for the extra 10$ why not set it up the right way.

I actually thought about getting a JJ kit with 4 sizes for bore and doing what you are talking about but the only problem for me is that I also use a barrel shroud because I play scenario. This creates problems with easily switching the bore sizes. To be honest I still kick myself for letting the kit go it was only 60 with shipping. But them are the breaks.

interceptorMR2
10-15-2007, 03:39 PM
well maybe ill take a look at getting a J&J and later with an apex. How is the J&J? I mean like how is the range, accuracy, etc?