PDA

View Full Version : PM8 - Pic released from matrixowner.com!

timmyshoota
10-10-2007, 04:51 PM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d193/Mandiesbaby483/PSM_PM8-MO.png

The dent is gonna turn a lot of people off, but I think it looks great. I've made up my mind, if this is under a grand, I'm buying one. UL stock, new 08 UL board, brand new redesigned Hyper III reg. Hopefully it'll come with the DM7's self cleaning eye system.

marvin-martian
10-10-2007, 04:57 PM
that dents disgusting

timmyshoota
10-10-2007, 05:00 PM
It reminds me of an NXT but with better milling, and higher quality since its Dye.

HelpDeskHustler
10-10-2007, 05:07 PM
IDK, my bff jill says the dent is too much. Hyper 3 looks cool though.

Chris Cole
10-10-2007, 05:11 PM
hoping there's an 08 Minion!

timmyshoota
10-10-2007, 05:16 PM
IDK, my bff jill says the dent is too much. Hyper 3 looks cool though.
Your bff jill must be leed, because he just said the same thing to me.

Chris - Sadly, the Minions usually look better. :( It pains me to say that because I'd rather the PMs look better than the Minions.

newkid
10-10-2007, 05:44 PM
hmmm...... I'm undecided, I like the look of the pm7s better though

kidonfire
10-10-2007, 05:50 PM
ugh, the indent just doen't work at all. Everything else looks good though.

newkid
10-10-2007, 06:02 PM
imo the dent messes up the whole look of it

Muddytaco
10-10-2007, 06:02 PM
Not sure on the looks yet, although i do like the hyper 3. Any info on 08 ul board?

HelpDeskHustler
10-10-2007, 06:51 PM
maybe the indent makes it feel kick*** while shooting

Ace24
10-10-2007, 08:20 PM
It reminds me of an NXT but with better milling, and higher quality since its Dye.
Exactly what I was thinking.

I like it...

applesauce
10-10-2007, 08:23 PM
i like it....forget you guys!!!! hope its only 300!!! 8-)

Ace24
10-10-2007, 08:28 PM
i like it....forget you guys!!!! hope its only 300!!! 8-)
Sure! If you want to get the back 4th of the gun.

I still don't like how Matrix's feel. Maybe this one will be a little different?

VS3 Sniper
10-10-2007, 08:29 PM
I dont like the indent but i am not gonna knock it till i try it.

Paintballadict18
10-10-2007, 09:02 PM
I dont like the indent but i am not gonna knock it till i try it.

same here except for the trying part unless i happen to run into someone at my field with it

aodsnyper
10-11-2007, 12:25 AM
so the Hyper 3 is just like the Hyper 2 but with a different shell...? how many times can you re-invent the reg? unless you're someone who knows what their doing.

timmyshoota
10-11-2007, 06:28 AM
so the Hyper 3 is just like the Hyper 2 but with a different shell...? how many times can you re-invent the reg? unless you're someone who knows what their doing.

I'm pretty sure its internally redesigned.

vikingshadow
10-11-2007, 10:08 AM
Hmmmm, I had previously heard that the only difference between the Hyper II and the Hyper III was the milling - and possibly the material used in the internals. Basically, it's overall working design stayed the same.

I could be wrong though.

However, I'm not a fan of the "indent" or "bump" as some of you are calling it. Doesn't look right, for some reason (only reason I'm not a fan of the NXT shockers, either.) I wondered what they were going to do with the PMs and the DMs this year, because they've basically reached a stage of non-improvment, in my eyes. Wasn't expecting a vertical/smaller LPR. Other than that, there's nothing left to improve besides minor adjustments - or completely redesigning a bolt system that is already pretty darn good. Only thing left to do is mess with the bodies a bit...

I'm going out on a limb right now and predicting that for the 09 models, they'll be changing the UL frame design/board/trigger/grips...

Chris Cole
10-11-2007, 11:05 AM
Good prediction Vike. Although not sure why they'd mess with that design.

Ace24
10-11-2007, 11:32 AM
Same reason they messed with the body... because they can... and "need something new."

Oscum Guy
10-11-2007, 12:06 PM
i like the dent. my question is, how will they make the dm8 better than it?

HelpDeskHustler
10-11-2007, 12:42 PM
The hyper 3 is supposedly designed with a new architecture and put in a smaller package. I've heard it used springs rather than disks, but no confirmed reports of this.

a few questions I have are:

is the ul trigger still sucky?
where is the LPR at?
will the dm8 have that annoying on/off

My predictions for Dm8 differences are:
self cleaning eyes
different layout
more expensive

Jegger24
10-11-2007, 12:55 PM
The "dent" is a little awkward...but it is still a Dye product.... HOT! Can't wait to see them!

applesauce
10-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Although not sure why they'd mess with that design.

something to do....

vikingshadow
10-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Good question, but then I didn't expect them to "dent-i-fy" the matrix body ala Shocker...I figure they'll do it because there's nothing left to change to satisfy the hordes of "gotta have something new every five minutes" gun traders. Long rant involved there - but not the time or place! :p
The hyper 3 is supposedly designed with a new architecture and put in a smaller package. I've heard it used springs rather than disks, but no confirmed reports of this.

a few questions I have are:

is the ul trigger still sucky?
where is the LPR at?
will the dm8 have that annoying on/off

My predictions for Dm8 differences are:
self cleaning eyes
different layout
more expensive

The UL trigger isn't sucky. It ranks up there with one of the best triggers I've used to date on any frame (if you're talking about the one in the UL frame and not the single version for the PMR.)

It looks like there are only two places it can be - if it's actually vertical as I've heard. Either located within the "dent" on top of the reg (remember, it's supposed to be a smaller LPR) or underneath through the frame itself. Orrrrrr, if there actually ISN'T an LPR, I'd like to point out that I predicted that way back when I reviewed the PMR and I'm now snickering at the people who made fun of the LPR'less Matrix.

I bet it has some sort of on/off - not sure which one, though. I would bet they stay with the self-cleaning eyes, not sure of the layout, but definitely more expensive!

timmyshoota
10-11-2007, 04:34 PM
I've seen a pic of the DM8, but its got a Hyper 2 reg on it, so I don't know if I should believe it or not. The body milling is awesome though, so I kinda hope that part is correct.

HelpDeskHustler
10-11-2007, 04:40 PM
DM6 UL trigger is one of the worst I've ever felt.

Problems I have with it are:
-Spring Tension point isn't fast without the pull being heavy
-Removing the spring makes it too floppy
-Trigger Activation point sucks for close riding trigger setup
-The angle it sets up at doesn't feel right on the UL frame
-releasing pointer during a tighter walk shooting posture requires a longer pull to get it off the activation point so you middle can hit.
-Wobbly

timmyshoota
10-11-2007, 04:43 PM
I can agree with all of Claus's points when I had my Shocktech DM5 with a UL frame, but the trigger on my DM7 felt great. Dunno if there were changes, or if it was how it was setup, but it was great.

vikingshadow
10-11-2007, 07:52 PM
Hmmm, never held a DM6 UL frame before so I can't say, but I know my PMR UL trigger is none of those things. Spring tension is perfect (for me - I can rip like no other), I feel no need to remove the spring whatsoever, the activation point is very similar to my Shocker activiation point so it feels good to me, angle? It's comfortable to me - almost straight up and down, with the bottom the exact distance needed and not to much of an angle, and my trigger isn't wobbly whatsoever.

I guess it's mainly a feel and opinion because I disagree. Or maybe the DM6 UL is just a crappy version...I dunno.

Chris Cole
10-11-2007, 08:57 PM
I love my UL frame. I'm not the fastest, but I don't drop shots.