PDA

View Full Version : Coiled Remote with Slide Check?

jbtoronto
10-09-2007, 07:48 AM
1.Do you own one?
2.How does is help your game?
3.Does anything bother you about it?

slim and shady
10-09-2007, 07:56 AM
1. Yes
2. It alows your gun to be alot more manoverabel if your playing CQ combat or urban settings. It also drops alot of weight off the back of your gun. With the slid check its still easy and convenient to disconect your gun quickly and set it down without having to turn out the valve on the tank. I think that it is a great upgrade.
3. Nothing about it bothers me, however make sure you have a good harness to hold your tank or your games will be very uncomferitabel(SP?????)

SkinWalk3r
10-09-2007, 09:00 AM
1. Yes
2. Same as above
3. Make sure your disconnects are quick (slide back quickly and forward quickly). I did slow ones and what it did was let the CO2 escape and form ice in the O-rings, which by itself is ok as long as it melts, but I made the mistake of moving the slide check back and forth with the ice in there and it chewed up the rings and I had leaks as a result.
Also there is a tiny O-ring on the remote part that connects to the marker. If you forget to turn off the air and move the slide check to the ON position, the force of escaping CO2 will blow out the tiny O-ring to oblivion !!!! ( learned that the hard way LOL)

darth massacre
10-09-2007, 09:04 AM
1. Yes
2. Weight off the gun is one big reason to own it.
3. The coil - but then again its either the coil or the weight in your hands. Personally I use an old camelbak for it. Holds tank and any other spare gear comfortably.

BigAl331
10-15-2007, 10:42 AM
1. Yes
2. Removes weight from marker (every ounce helps!)
3. Even with camo cover for coil it still tends to bind-up and takes a little time to uncoil to take shot.

bamf-hacker
10-15-2007, 10:59 AM
1.Do you own one?

Yes

Helps take some weight off the gun for long play times.

Cant easily give your gun to a buddy so you can go to the bathroom. You are tethered to the gun.

slim and shady
10-15-2007, 06:59 PM
1.Do you own one?

Yes

Helps take some weight off the gun for long play times.

Cant easily give your gun to a buddy so you can go to the bathroom. You are tethered to the gun.

Actually with the check slide putting your gun down or giving it to your buddy takes about 2 seconds longer then giving them one with the tank. All you do is flip the slid up this cuts the air off and then disconect your gun.