PDA

View Full Version : VS3 or Electra

VS2 masta C
10-07-2007, 12:49 PM
I need a new marker. VS3 or Electra. What do you think? I love the rocking trigger

SupaSnipa
10-07-2007, 02:09 PM
i know its not a choice but vs2 over the vs3 anyday hands down IMO

VS2 masta C
10-07-2007, 03:47 PM
I have also heard that the VS3 only runs on compressed air and NOS. Others have said it runs on anything. What is true.

SupaSnipa
10-07-2007, 04:28 PM
well the vs2-3 has what kingman calls a balance valve in it and it is suppose to use HPA with it..some people say if you have the right setup you can but i would/will not try it and people have reported their guages doing a 360* spin and messing up because co2 runs at about 800 psi. If you were to get the electra it is like a normal spyder which runs at a really high pressure and the vs2-3 runs at, well kingman says 220psi, but i have mine at about 250-60 right now, which in kingmans sence(sp?) is lp ........i say go with the vs2 and invest in HPA it is loads better hope i didnt confuse you

Kenny_McCormic
10-07-2007, 05:26 PM
I bet co2 will run in a balance valve its just a matter of installing a co2 friendly regulator.

SupaSnipa
10-07-2007, 05:37 PM
yes i have heard this but i would still not try it...i just think HPA is a better investment than trying to setup your gun for co2 and then getting shootdown and worry about the weather

swoosh81
10-07-2007, 07:18 PM
I bet co2 will run in a balance valve its just a matter of installing a co2 friendly regulator.
qft (cough) look in sig.

If you have to run Co2 get the electra or the VS1. If you plan on using HPA the VS2 or VS3 are your best bets.

VS2 masta C
10-11-2007, 03:41 PM
Thanks everybody. I will invest in HPA.

electradude1359
10-16-2007, 04:09 PM
good idea i use it on my 06 electra because i have a virtue board and when you are shooting so fast you dont want ice on your gun haha
well i guess its not ice but...

sixpackdragon
01-03-2008, 09:17 PM
You can always install a "anti-siphon" which will prevent the co2 from freezing yer gun... although ive had hpa for awhile now and I would recommend it especially if you play alot, you will save your guns life and have fluid shots.

kramernator
01-04-2008, 06:56 AM
if you want Co2 use the electra

if you want HPA use the VS3 (i don't think even an anti siphon tube is completely safe for the Vs3, if your gonna use it get HPA)

06SpyderElectra
01-06-2008, 11:59 AM
actually the spyder electra runs on HPA also as well as Co2

battlechaser
01-07-2008, 07:20 PM
I have also heard that the VS3 only runs on compressed air and NOS. Others have said it runs on anything. What is true.

Not N.O.S., which by the way is a brand name (Nitrous Oxide Systems), N2 or nitrogen gas.

VS3 - HPA or N2, period. As far as I know, the warranty is void if you use CO2

Electra - CO2, HPA or N2, depending on what you use.

HeadShot
01-07-2008, 08:31 PM
to tell you the truth. I would choose the electra , the 06' . it has eyes, and the board is fine. its capped @30 bps. has a wrap around grip, which is very nice. Co2,HPA,or N2 ready right out of the box.

[Rant and Rave]
there's more ups for the Regular Spyder Frames than the Vs frame series.

like springs for instance, with the electra its just a drop in tune and go. for the VS its size springs up, cut your new springs to size, drop in , tune and go.

oh and the valve..I have a rocket valve in my electra, I'm shooting 280-300 fps @ <120 Psi with no shootdown.

VS has the balance valve..thats it. no other valve...sure you can put your cut springs, front block, real reg and a real asa on/off, and you can put a different striker and bolt in it..heck even a T board. with a 25 g switch and a delrin trigger..

the gun is still going to be the same, its still going to need that 200+ psi, and it's still going to feel the same. That valve is a weakness to the VS, because you can't swap it with a better one. nor are there any aftermarket brands (that i can find i have looked for one) that make valves for the VS. what I'm saying is that even with all the ups to it, its still the same performance wise, even with a different board.
[/Rant and Rave]

there's just way more options to go with the electra over the VS.

I tell ya what man as a suggestion , If I were you I would wait for the RS - RSX to come out..if you have the money, its definitaly going to be worth the wait.

spray and pray
01-08-2008, 11:53 AM
My vs2 is running at 170 psi now. So they can go under 200 psi but just require a few nice ups and lots of shots need to be put through them.

timewaste
02-12-2009, 12:25 PM

N2 is the same as HPA