PDA

View Full Version : What do you do to keep yourself sane when you can't play?

gailon24
02-08-2006, 08:48 AM
How do you prevent yourself from going crazy after a couple great weeks of playing, but then not being able to play for a long time? (in my case a whole month; 5 weeks)

So far I've started trying to keep myself busy by working on my LP setup, which just caused problems and made my gun NOT work, but then I got it to work again and am just MORE anxious to get out there and test it.

I mean I know there's some things i can't complain about, like the fact that I HAVE played outdoors so far this year. Back where my parents live, they're still getting like 2 weeks straight of snow hehe.

gailon24
02-08-2006, 08:49 AM
Here's how my paintball season has looked so far:

(listing saturdays, but implying sundays as well)

Jan 14th - 2 of my teammates (out of the 3 of us) bailed b/c of family...eh it happens
Jan 21st - awesome first weekend of the season...no crowds, great well experienced group, learned a lot and got back into the game (sore muscles for a week and all)
Jan 28th - 3 of us brought some friends that wanted to try it for the first time, had a blast

Here's where it gets bad...

Feb 4th - Thunderstorms all weekend
Feb 11th - Those 2 teammates out of town, might snow, but if it doesn't, could solo, but only going to be in the high 30's and my normal comfort limit is 50 (i'm a thin guy!)
Feb 18th - Wife and I traveling to boston to visit friends (fun! actually, i put the money i saved on cases of paint together and we're flying instead of the 9 hour drive hehe)
Feb 25th - My best friend/best man from my wedding is visiting for opening of Hopkins Lacrosse season. Maybe I can convince him to go sunday, but doubt it lol.
Hopefully the first weekend of march i can get back out!

I probably wouldn't have minded waiting till March to START playing..but the fact that we had 2 great weekends in mid January makes me frustrated.

covert24
02-08-2006, 08:50 AM
lol i dont keep myself sane. img oing crazy as we speak because i want my new wrsth to come but i dont have enoguh money yet. literally im alreayd looking at upgrade parts before i even have the gun lol.

TacTownKilla
02-08-2006, 08:53 AM
1. buy reballs
2.fill tank
4. profit

vikingshadow
02-08-2006, 08:57 AM
I go to the back yard and shoot targets constantly (until I run out of air or paint or both), spend time on the forums, read paintball magazines, upgrade equipment, etc...

We practice most every weekend anyways, unless there's a rainstorm (no rain for almost 8 months now) snow storm (ditto on the no real snow) or holidays.

QAZ123
02-08-2006, 09:05 AM
I've got other hobbies that keep me busy! I box/spar/grapple often which is starting to become my favorite thing to do. I paintball as often as I can if I go through a hiatus I'm usually buying/selling/tinkering with marker's to keep me occupied!

JB.

gailon24
02-08-2006, 12:13 PM
I go to the back yard and shoot targets constantly (until I run out of air or paint or both), spend time on the forums, read paintball magazines, upgrade equipment, etc...

We practice most every weekend anyways, unless there's a rainstorm (no rain for almost 8 months now) snow storm (ditto on the no real snow) or holidays.

I've gotten yelled at already for shooting paint out my back window out the back of my apartment building at the fence separating our building and the access road behind it =(

silly baltimore

JDubalo7
02-08-2006, 12:17 PM
i eat sunflower seeds by the pound

DRAGON
02-08-2006, 01:06 PM
I resolved this concern by moving to Florida. A bit expensive and difficult but very effective -

thecool1
02-08-2006, 01:22 PM
i havnt played in a year! try doing that. i almost died. i plan on going out this weekend. but during my time off halo 2 and xbox 360 kept me sane.

gailon24
02-08-2006, 01:33 PM
I'm hoping you almost died because of not playing in a year and not the other way around =(

DyNasty9
02-08-2006, 01:45 PM
i eat sunflower seeds by the pound
haha i do that all the time.
i take my gun apart lube and then put it back together like 10 times a week, then i air it up and put everything on it hopper ect. and put my C5 pants on and my pack,sandana, mask, gloves and start running around the house jumping over stuff and sliding and scaring the family members.:D

spyderimagine01
02-08-2006, 02:11 PM
i take my gun apart lube and then put it back together like 10 times a week, then i air it up and put everything on it hopper ect. and put my C5 pants on and my pack,sandana, mask, gloves and start running around the house jumping over stuff and sliding and scaring the family members.:D

Yeah, sounds like me :rolleyes:

chubb0rz
02-08-2006, 03:33 PM
throw CK in the comp and set it to loop while i knock out a few games of GHTP, hang out with my teammates during the week, browse forums, and tinker with my guns at work.

gailon24
02-08-2006, 05:57 PM
haha i do that all the time.

Ah if only the wife would let me do that! =)

where in cuse are you from? I grew up in Camillus

ttink
02-08-2006, 06:17 PM
Work on a project like a double barreled automag :evil:

DyNasty9
02-08-2006, 06:44 PM
Ah if only the wife would let me do that! =)

where in cuse are you from? I grew up in Camillus
baldwinsville

TheRedBarron
02-08-2006, 07:01 PM
I snowboard and play indoor every weekend.

DFSniper
02-09-2006, 12:18 AM
im in the same boat. i didnt play from mid-dec. '04 til feb. 4th '06! the whole time i was on here, pbn, or buying upgrades... then i pulled out the dremel and modded my valve, pin, trigger, body, feedneck, and the striker is next! oh, and i play America's Army and Halo to keep me semi-sane. and when that gets old, i'll pull out Tony Hawk 1 & 4 or Final Fantasy 9 (gonna try and borrow 7 from someone...)

druid
02-09-2006, 12:31 AM
I'm with VIKE on this one...out back shooting at balloons, tied to the fence line but I hang a huge tarp (10'x25') in a "U" shape which eliminates the possibility of hitting someone/something. The police were investigating the "noise" and liked my set up and let me alone.

DFSniper
02-09-2006, 12:36 AM
lol, bein a jailguard probably helped too!

Ares
02-09-2006, 12:50 PM
Work on a project like a double barreled automag :evil:

one frame? ur gonna need a custom sear and rail. other than that, it should be fairly simple.

when i cant play, i buy gear... i really need to get rid of some stuff

thecool1
02-09-2006, 03:09 PM
I'm hoping you almost died because of not playing in a year and not the other way around =(

lol. ya thats what i meant. i didnt get ran over buy a bus or anything. just a lack of paintball.

FredPo
02-09-2006, 03:26 PM
Nothing that a good 6 hours of intense weight training a week that keeps me busy. On top of that, I spend around 6-10 hours of the week studying for exams, writing papers, and reading textbooks. How else do I plan on keeping my 3.94 gpa in college and going to grad school for school psychology. Weightlifting is probaly my number one hobby though. Bodybuilding is so addictive and I'm always motivated to do it. Paintball, for now, comes second in line to bodybuilding, but when the tourny season rolls around, that might change. My new gun I'll be purchasing in the future from Durrell will also change that.

Fred

bigred76
02-09-2006, 03:45 PM
I sit here and rock back and forth slowly twitching my trigger fingers....:D

chubb0rz
02-09-2006, 04:22 PM
I sit here and rock back and forth slowly twitching my trigger fingers....:D
rocking already, gez your not even old :p

lewizz124
02-09-2006, 08:24 PM
sit online looking at poraintball stuff, like chubs said, throw in derder and put it on loop while playing GHTP:Max'd or while i work out, or work on my/teamates guns. read pb magazines. play around with my proto. hang out with my friends (teamates) everday like 24/7, we basically live at each others houses since we all live within walking distance. i also waste alot of times sitting around in my room listening to music not really doing anything, just thinking. but thats depressing so i try not to do that. oh yeah and i forgot about the all nighters with friends jsut about everyweekend. usually consisting of me spanking everyone at halo/GHTP:M sometimes before the nights over.

im not even gonna red fredpos post. ok tell me if im close heres what he does. first he warms up by curling a couple of cars for about an hour then he moves on to a 6 hour session benching various mountains. ok am i right? :D

FredPo
02-10-2006, 03:59 AM
im not even gonna red fredpos post. ok tell me if im close heres what he does. first he warms up by curling a couple of cars for about an hour then he moves on to a 6 hour session benching various mountains. ok am i right? :D
Come on, I'm no strong man here. I lift for the bodybuilding aspect but I have came in second in a couple of local strongman competitions. As for what else I said in the post, I tried to prove to everyone I'm not all muscle and no brain. My college gpa so far is 3.94 and I plan on staying above 3.9 before I graduate. Gotta study hard.

Fred

chubb0rz
02-10-2006, 04:57 AM
Come on, I'm no strong man here. I lift for the bodybuilding aspect but I have came in second in a couple of local strongman competitions. As for what else I said in the post, I tried to prove to everyone I'm not all muscle and no brain. My college gpa so far is 3.94 and I plan on staying above 3.9 before I graduate. Gotta study hard.

Fred
Hats off to you fred :)

FredPo
02-10-2006, 05:05 AM
Hats off to you fred :)
thank you sir.

Fred

ricochet08
02-10-2006, 07:11 AM
Congrats Fred :) study hard

i usually clean up around the house, play the games, on myspace or yahoo, or chill w/the homies.

:cool:

*EM1-Master*
02-10-2006, 07:31 AM
What college you at, Fred?

lewizz124
02-10-2006, 09:10 AM
ya i know fred twas just a lil joke. :D but yeah hats off to you wiht the schooling.

FredPo
02-11-2006, 07:29 AM
What college you at, Fred?
Wilmington College.

Fred