PDA

View Full Version : MR2 Paint Chopper

maddog
02-08-2006, 04:47 AM
Maybe someone can help a friend and I both bought MR2's and we have tried every kind of paintball made and cannot get these guns to quit chopping paint. Does anyone have any constructive ideas?

covert24
02-08-2006, 05:49 AM
u will have to break in the ACS bolt. i made a video of how to do it and it should be soemwhere in the electra forum. check it out.

Primal
02-08-2006, 09:02 AM
I gess you have el. hopper?

QRFleader
02-08-2006, 02:17 PM
yuea what kind of hopper are u ruinnin?

PandaTruenoGTS
02-08-2006, 07:22 PM
The exact reason I sold my MR2. It's NOT the ACS. Trust me mine was broken in the same way that my pilot's ACS was broken in and the pilot never chops. Using the same Halo TSA on the Pilot as I did the MR2. Something else on the gun is defective. Alot of guys were blaming the cheap rubber ball detent. As for myself I wasn't willing to wait til the problem was re-called.

maddog
02-13-2006, 08:08 AM
I have a Halo B on it and it is just terrible at chopping paint. We tried again this weekend and we spent all of are time cleaning the darn guns. Something is wrong with these guns. I have a ion and have no trouble comared to this thing.

QRFleader
02-13-2006, 08:12 AM
not sure maybe see if u can borrow a different hopper from somone and give it a try, shat kind of paint did u use?

DRAGON
02-13-2006, 02:18 PM
HALO's are notorious for pushing balls past the detents of various types of markers. If you know someone w/an Egg, try that and see what results occur. Personally I would call Kingman(1-888-kingman) ask for a tech and see what he would suggest. I'm thinking they're going to need to make a change with the detents on these markers. Remember, they are on the west coast WPT so call during their regular working hours there not where you're at if you are like on the east coast -

QRFleader
02-13-2006, 03:43 PM
my little brother was having problems breaking paint, he was using the evo2, I ran his gun with a revoloution, and it fed perfect. I would try some different hoppers man

PandaTruenoGTS
02-14-2006, 06:35 AM
Well for those that havn't seen one, the detent on the MR2 is a little piece of rubber about the size of the head of an ink pin. Its just a lil chunk of weak rubber. Almost felt as if it were made of silicon. Unlike the rubber/ball bearing detents of any other spyder. I think the shear weight of the ball falling down the feed neck is enough to push past it. If you know someone that has one or if you have one and havnt seen it yet, remove the 3 allen screws from the feedneck plate and remove the plate, underneath it you will find the detent. Itys an orange-ish red color. Then you will see what I mean.

QRFleader
02-14-2006, 09:56 AM
is there a different style detent that will work? I noticed how cheap it was on my MR1

Primal
02-15-2006, 12:16 AM
do you have rhigt ball size to the barrel, and not bad old? lol a inportent thing.

PandaTruenoGTS
02-15-2006, 08:29 AM
I paint matched mine with 4 different paints in 2 different barrels that were fresh and shooting fine through everyone elses gun. Its not the paint.

as far as a detent that would work? I dunno.. Someone said in another post to use a pirahnna detent, that it helped out alot but didnt perform perfectly. Never tried it myself.

ooglieboogliebob
02-15-2006, 02:34 PM
hmm .. the kila detent is a great detent .. but it's pretty expensive ...
Maybe it's the evo2 .. does it have z-board ?? or is it just the stock y-board ... try turning down the speed of the hopper ...

Where is the paint turning out to be ?? .. in the hopper, or in your barrel ??

Voodoo27909
02-17-2006, 08:06 AM
*Quick field fix*

Take the "Slightly" better rubber detent out of a Pirhana, snip the end off with cutters (About equal to the thickness of a dime), install it in the junk detents place...and continue play. I REALLY REALLY would like to see Kingman address this detent issue (And yes, Im aware that the marker set up is, in theory, suppossed to use the side of the chamber to hold the paintball, but the detent is neccessary to keep the ball from moving forward while at rest)...........

...ALSO, once you have broken a ball in the FIRING CHAMBER, and it gets paint all over the bolt, you might as well stop right there and go take the thing apart to clean the bolt (Once paint gets on the AntiChop bolt, the bolt will not perform correctly because the gooy paint is slowing it down by holding it back...HENCE ANTICHOP. The longer you let the paint sit in there trying to let it self clean by firing through it, the stickier it becomes, and the more the spring in the bolt slows down the action).

The quick field fix I posted useing the cut down Pirhana detent DID help ALOT with the breaking issue (and YES...the EvoII does push the balls past the weak detent, but does NOT do it useing the cut back Pirhana detent. IF YOU SWITCH TO A SLOWER HOPPER, such as a Revy...your going to wind up breaking paint anyway if you start to ROCK on the trigger, because the REvy can not keep up with the gun. Do the detent change out, the original one is going to break soon anyway if you are squeegeing it alot (As happened with mine).

Voodoo27909
02-17-2006, 08:24 AM
Oh yeh...almost forgot this part..... If you contact Spyder about this issue, the following is what you will get for a reply:

On Jan 20 12:55,
>
> Subject: NEW MR2 detent problems
>
>

Hello [NAME EDITED FOR PRIVACY ISSUES],

Actually even if you remove you loader and pushed the paintballs into the breach
by hand, it would be difficult to get a paintball past the ball detent. The
paintball is actually resting against the inside wall of the breach, not against
the ball detent.

If you are experiencing double feeds it is possible that it due to painballs
being undersized. When an undersized paintball is fired the marker gets excess
blowback and can cause the bolt to return further than normal. This may allow a
second paintball to fall into the breach.

We test markers using a HALO B loader which feeds at a higher rate than the
Evolution and also feeds the paintballs with much more force. We never
encountered an issue with the marker double feeding.

If you can, please try a different brand of paint and check the size and quality
of the paintballs.

Technical Support
Kingman Group

Please email me back and keep me updated on your progress, if the pointers I
have given you has help or not.

Great thoughts, and well thought out...but not the problem that I was experianceing. My problem WAS a detent issue, and as Panda pointed out, it WAS NOT a break-in period bolt issue either.

saf001
02-17-2006, 11:15 AM
This is the response I got from Kingman Tech support:

We have done studies on how a force feed loader works against the rubber nubbin ball stopper. If you would like to test it for yourself it is quite easy to determine when the bolt is cocked and you placed a couple of paintballs in the breach even if you tried to push the paintballs in with your finger, it is impossible to force another ball into the breach. Since the paintball that is resting the breach is sitting against the opposite side of the breach the paintball that is next inline to load into the breach can not go in until the paintball in the breach has been fired.

The rubber nubbin ball stoppers actual purpose is to keep the paintball from rolling into the barrel prematurely before the marker is fired.

At this time we are trying to determine this anomaly on the Spyder MR2, why some are having issues on double feeding.

My friend and I were able to repeatedly push a second ball into the breach pushing the first ball past the ball detent. My friend got scary consistent with it to a point that it was almost like the detent wasn't even there. I was quite disappointed. He then thought of molding our own which we did with little pieces of rubber feet (like from the bottom of a speaker). We just did it today so have not been able to test it feeding with my Q-Loader. However, firing without air successfully propels the loaded ball out of the breach without breaking it (the rubber we used is malleable enough to give), and we absolutely could not force another ball into the breach. We made our detent wider and a little thicker, being that the bolt has quite a big cut-out for the detent.

I attached a pic of it with this message.

Voodoo27909
02-17-2006, 09:54 PM
Let me see... Ummm, running around in the woods, swinging the marker back and forth with force while trying to acquire targets, jumping into brush piles with the marker in tow, snatching it behind a barrier when you realize you are taking fire....Uuhhhhh.....yeh, that sounds ALOT like the ball might maybe possibly be able to roll away from the side of the breech, and past the crappy little detent while the Egg, Halo, Revy...whatever) is trying its hardest to squeeze another ball into a firing position....yeh, I THINK there may be a double feed problem here with the detents! Hey Kingman....try actually PLAYING a round or two with the marker in the woods, instead of just standing upright and firing at a fixed target. That should re-produce the issue some of us are having. Stop sticking your finger into the breech while trying to duplicate the problem. What a shock...I can honestly say that I too am not having a problem with double feeds while sticking my finger down a hole in the gun, but I am having a double feed problem while Im using the marker in such a way as it was meant to be used! Come on Kingman test guys....THINK LIKE A PAINTBALLER!

I L O V E this marker guy's......lets fix this tiny little issue (and be fair to those of us that already have the marker) so that I can enjoy it even more. Everyone that has seen the marker where I play really admires it, but are reluctant to buy it because of the paint breaking issue. Kingman needs to expedite this "Research", and put this blemish behind them ASAP

PandaTruenoGTS
02-18-2006, 12:58 AM
just be careful what you say, the last few posts about this were deleted. Guess they are trying not to let thier mistake get to well known? Either way, I used a HALO B on the MR2 I HAD. guess what... thats right... SAME PROBLEM. Honestly if they fixed this, I would probally buy another one.. til then.. ehh no..

thechubbss12
02-18-2006, 04:57 PM
Alright boy this should just be a simple fix that may cost you 1 dollar... Kingman uses the same size small rubber dentents as Bob Long does on his timmys... Simply purchase a couple of timmy dentents and replace the stock orange dentent with the timmy ones you purchased. I gaurentee you that you wont double feed no matter what hopper your using.

maddog
02-20-2006, 08:14 AM
I fixed some of the paint breaking in the barrel by going with a J&J full tilt barrel. I had the neck mill down where the barrel goes in the gun because it was to thick at one small point and it eliminated the barrel breaks. Now if we could just fix the double feeding. I am going to try the Bob Long detent and see if that works.

SpudmanWP
02-20-2006, 07:41 PM
Here is a 3-pack of black detents (http://www.compulsivepaintball.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=15799) for $4.95 ($1.65 ea) or.....

Here is a 10-pack of clear detents (http://www.compulsivepaintball.com/Itemdesc.asp?ic=10105&eq=&Tp=) for $12.95 ($1.30 ea).

Now the above store is currently out of the black ones, but you can pick those up anywhere. Of note however is the clear ones. Does anyone have any experience with clear detents?

Alien
02-23-2006, 10:48 AM
in general to fix the mr2 problem we just have to buy a detent , and a new barrels ?

DRAGON
02-23-2006, 11:16 AM
You MR2 owners do me a favor....look in the feedneck and tell me if you see a smooth transition or straight angled transition where the angle changes from the vert angle of the hopper to the 45* angle going into the marker. Is it a smooth curve or 2 straight lines/angles on the inside surface the feed adapter?

Voodoo27909
02-23-2006, 09:15 PM
The one that comes with the marker is smooth

saf001
02-27-2006, 08:50 AM
Well, my friend and I put in new ball detents (home made). Those suckers aren't letting paint roll forward in the breach. However, when we went out to test fire I double fed nearly every other round. Confusion set it.

However, my buddy put forth another possible explanation...the ACS bolt. When the ACS bolt returns to its cocked position, it stops abruptly when the striker bolt under the ACS bolt hits the striker buffer. When the ACS bolt stops its rearward motion, the ACS portion of the bolt keeps moving back due its momentum until it is stopped and pushed back forward by the spring in the ACS bolt.

Now because I have a Q-Loader and it can dump paint over 30 rounds per second, we believe that it is actually pushing the the first paint ball in the breach back with the bolt (as it's still travelling backwards) and loads another ball in the breach. We're going to do some more testing to see what's going on. I'll post the outcome on this thread.

NextoN
02-28-2006, 06:26 AM
Too fast hopper could be the problem.

* The ACS Bolt greatly enhances to reduce chopping paintballs in the marker.
Due to the condition of different quality and size paintballs, and hopper speed, there is no complete way to eliminate this.
And the 25bps is just tellin us that the electronic is capable of 25bps(rocking trigger etc)..

QRFleader
02-28-2006, 07:13 AM
I broke paint in my MR1 for the first time yesterday, I had a similer prib with double feed. It was the hopper. I was using a revo. Everyone that used that hopper broke p[aint. The hoppers all feed just abit different and fit in your marker just a little diff.

Also have you tried putting a spring kit in your marker?

Voodoo27909
02-28-2006, 08:04 AM
...Do you mean "EvoII Egg". or do you mean "Revy" ??

maddog
03-03-2006, 06:05 AM
I put the Bob Long timmy detents in the gun and it stopped the double feeding.
Does anyone know what the inlet pressure should be on this gun. My ion is only 200psi I think this gun is 500.

saf001
03-06-2006, 07:29 AM
well, after playing this weekend and firing over 2000 rounds without double feeding (or chopping at all), I would have to say that my friend and I fixed the problem.

It turns out that it was two-fold. Obviously the rubber nubbin ball detent that comes with the MR2 is severely inadequate for a force fed hopper system (such as my Q-Loader). It easily allows a second ball to push the first ball forward in the breach and either completely double feed or partially feed therefore chopping. So, if you've read this entire thread you would have seen that we fixed the detent problem by fabricating our own. It worked spectacularly.

However, it led to the second problem, being that I was still double feeding. Turns out it was the ACS bolt. Now that the detent was sufficiently stopping the ball from rolling too far forward in the breach, my Q-Loader was pushing the ball back with the bolt as it recocked after firing. Apparently the ACS portion of the bolt (the part that moves back on the spring) still moves back when the bot comes to a stop (due to momentum or the foce of the Q-Loader pushing the balls...don't know for sure). What I do know is that we were able to make some mods to the bolt so that the spring was disabled making the bolt a solid piece. With a Q-Loader, I have no need for an ACS bolt being that the hopper can feed paint faster than the marker can even shoot.

Needless to say I am going to email Kingman on our solution to their head-scratching problem with the MR2.

Voodoo27909
03-07-2006, 07:46 AM
Yup....Timmy detents, J&J barrel, and staying away from the EvoII (Using a much slower Revy only) cured all of my chop/ barrel break/dbl feed issues on my MR2. This past weekend was the first time I had used all of the fixes at the same time, and out of 2000 rounds, I broke only one ball....and that was in the barrel for a change, not in the bolt as was usually the case (Plus the fact that that one ball happened to be a cheap MonsterBall paint ball from WallMart that I just thru a couple of in with my hopper full of XBALL bronze, just to see if they would break) . What a difference! NOW this is an awsome marker! :waytogo: .

I dont think it has been totally clear up till now that yes, THE J&J BARREL WILL FIT THE MR2 SHROUD, not just the non-shrouded MR1... as long as it is NOT the one J&J "FULL TILT" barrel mentioned earlier in this thread that had to have alittle spot milled off the barrel near the threads in order to clear the shroud. Im STILL not clear on whether or not the J&J BARREL KITS will fit the MR2, or just the non-shrouded MR1. I would love to hear from someone that has ACTUALLY FIT THE J&J BARREL KIT INTO AN MR2 tell me that it DOES fit. There still seems to be alittle confussion over the fact that the MR1, and the MR2 have two different front shrouds where the barrel threads into the marker, and what will fit the MR1 will not neccessarily fit the MR2...so if you post, please make certain that you make it clear that you have the MR2...and that you have physically tried the barrel that you say will fit, please.

ALSO...someone mentioned earlier that they modified the front shroud on thier MR2 so that a standard barrel would fit into the marker. Id love to hear exactly what was done, and maybe have some pic's to show how it was done and looked after it was complete. I would LOVE to be able to use my EVIL kit on the MR2, but do not want to hack the marker up to much to make it work.

Well....there it is

Have a GREAT week.

Highbinder
06-01-2006, 06:19 PM
I've had my MR2 for about 4-5 sessions. I usually blow through at least a case of paint per session and when I first went out with it, it chopped 2-3 balls and double fed a few times. After reading up on the forums here, I ordered some Bob Long Intimidator detents (wich I can't tell the difference from the stock ones) and havn't chopped a ball since. I also started using an VLocity Viewloader (25bps, but it has an eye to stop feeds balls are in the feed neck) about the same time though, so I can't accurately say if it was the loader, detent, or breaking in of the ACS bolt that did the trick though. I have had a few breaks in the barrel since then though. I have been contemplating a J&J barrel upgrade for awhile and just hadn't decided wich to get, the ceramic, or "Full Tilt" ceramic kit. I plan to order a 14" ceramic because the "Full Tilt" looks meatier in all the pics I've seen. The regular ceramic "should" fit though. I'll post again after I try it.

breakxeggs
06-01-2006, 07:14 PM
The barrel breaks aren't because of a faulty barrel its because there is something in it. What I usually do is take the barrel off and put the palm of my hand over the end with the porting in it and run water from a faucet on high into it and then push dry papertowels through it and then also put my mouth on it and blow through it. If it happens at a feild clean out the barrel as best as possible and put a rag or your hand or both on the tip of the barrel and dry fire it afew times to help blow crap out of the porting.. BUT MAKE SURE THERE ARE NO PAINTBALLS LEFT! I did that once and shot my hand point blank, and lets just say I probly hold the record of number of curse words in one sentence.

new_Faction64
06-01-2006, 08:54 PM
Wow I'm so glad this thread got revived.

I guess I'll have to alter my ACS bolt also. I have the Ricochet Apache loader (17-19BPS loading capability) and I chop every so often.

May I ask, how did you alter the ACS bolt in such way?

I guess the ACS bolt isn't the best idea after all now is it?

breakxeggs
06-01-2006, 09:20 PM
all I did was stuff a rag down the feed neck and put it on full auto and wasted an entire 20oz CO2 can on it.. went out bought a VLocity hopper and mine stopped chopping. VLocity I think has a feedrate of 25 bps... so it fits perfect on it...

but mine was chopping like crazy before I did all that.

new_Faction64
06-01-2006, 09:47 PM
all I did was stuff a rag down the feed neck and put it on full auto and wasted an entire 20oz CO2 can on it.. went out bought a VLocity hopper and mine stopped chopping. VLocity I think has a feedrate of 25 bps... so it fits perfect on it...

but mine was chopping like crazy before I did all that.

Yeah I can't get loaders that pricey, I'd rather get Compressed Air for prices like that.

breakxeggs
06-02-2006, 06:27 AM
Yeah I can't get loaders that pricey, I'd rather get Compressed Air for prices like that.

thats the next step

Highbinder
06-02-2006, 03:40 PM
Ok folks, for anyone that is still wondering if the J&J barrel fits the MR2, I can confirm that it does. I picked one up today. I havn't tested it yet, but I will say that the bore is slightly smaller than the stock barrel. I don't know what the stock is, but the shop I got my J&J at said the J&J was .690, so the stock one is a pretty large bore, if the guy at the shop is correct. Mind you, this is the one-piece J&J ceramic barrel, I would have checked on the Full Tilt ceramic, but they didn't have one of those kits. The barrel I got today was actually smaller outside diameter than the stock MR2 barrel, so despite the pictures or the Full Tilt version being a bit larger, it "may" still fit. If anyone knows on the Full Tilt, let me know. I may still get one down the road.

new_Faction64
06-02-2006, 04:42 PM
Ok folks, for anyone that is still wondering if the J&J barrel fits the MR2, I can confirm that it does. I picked one up today. I havn't tested it yet, but I will say that the bore is slightly smaller than the stock barrel. I don't know what the stock is, but the shop I got my J&J at said the J&J was .690, so the stock one is a pretty large bore, if the guy at the shop is correct. Mind you, this is the one-piece J&J ceramic barrel, I would have checked on the Full Tilt ceramic, but they didn't have one of those kits. The barrel I got today was actually smaller outside diameter than the stock MR2 barrel, so despite the pictures or the Full Tilt version being a bit larger, it "may" still fit. If anyone knows on the Full Tilt, let me know. I may still get one down the road.

I have the J&J also, it fits just fine.

I'll also add, that it doesn't have a single bore. It has a smaller bore in the beginning of the barrel, then transitions to a larger bore in about the middle of the barrel.

qttravis2
06-06-2006, 11:40 AM
hey just thought i would tell everyone that u dont need the SHROUD on the MR2....i took mine off and the gun works fine..and i can fit any type of barrel i want....right now got a 20in SP Lin....and it works great...

new_Faction64
06-06-2006, 11:55 AM
hey just thought i would tell everyone that u dont need the SHROUD on the MR2....i took mine off and the gun works fine..and i can fit any type of barrel i want....right now got a 20in SP Lin....and it works great...

Yeah it just looks funny unless you replace the forgrip.

oppositesleeper
06-07-2006, 10:56 AM
ok im really new to paintball and im wondering if i screwed up my gun.....When i pulled my gun apart i only found one spring and its the spring that goes into the velocity ajustment part of the gun, in the hole underneath where the stock bolts in. Is that the spring that needs to be worked and compressed to help the anti-chop work or is there another spring actually inside the anti-chop bolt. i dont have my gun in front of me or i'd look but in spyders **how anit-chop works** video it shows a spring inside the anti-chop itself...but its on a different gun...im so confused.

and if that spring i mentioned under the stock between the velocity isnt the spring im susposed to compress what will happen if i did work it down a little bit?

qttravis2
06-07-2006, 11:19 AM
i would agree..but i took the forgrip off...and it looks just as good...

new_Faction64
06-07-2006, 11:42 AM
ok im really new to paintball and im wondering if i screwed up my gun.....When i pulled my gun apart i only found one spring and its the spring that goes into the velocity ajustment part of the gun, in the hole underneath where the stock bolts in. Is that the spring that needs to be worked and compressed to help the anti-chop work or is there another spring actually inside the anti-chop bolt. i dont have my gun in front of me or i'd look but in spyders **how anit-chop works** video it shows a spring inside the anti-chop itself...but its on a different gun...im so confused.

and if that spring i mentioned under the stock between the velocity isnt the spring im susposed to compress what will happen if i did work it down a little bit?

No, the spring you found will affect velocity and the striker.

The ACS spring is different, it is inside the ACS bolt. The ACS bolt on the MR2 is a completely new design, so the video on Kingman/Spyder's site pictures a top-cocking ACS bolt, the MR2 has a special MR2 bolt for the MR2 itself, because of it's unique cocking system.

Next time you get ahold of your guns, stripe it (take out the bolt). Then look at it and you'll know exactly what the ACS spring is, it's pretty simple really.

I suggest manually moving the spring ~500 times, with your hands (cover yoru fingers with cloth, cause it may hurt doing it with bare fingers/hands). I recommend this way because many say to just do it with soemthing in the feedneck and shoot 500 rounds, but that's 500 rounds worth of C02 (or compressed air) which is kinda alot IMO. It doesn't take long at all to do anyway.

oppositesleeper
06-07-2006, 12:43 PM
thanks for the help. i actually went home and checked right after posting and sure enough i found the anti-chop spring, and have been working on it since.

do you think that compressing the velocity spring will damage it or effect the velocity of the gun very negativly? I guess if it does i can just see about buying a new one. after firing the gun (after working the velocity spring) it didnt seem any different then before as far as accuracy or speed but ill also wasnt looking for any differences either so ill have to check it again.

new_Faction64
06-07-2006, 12:50 PM
thanks for the help. i actually went home and checked right after posting and sure enough i found the anti-chop spring, and have been working on it since.

do you think that compressing the velocity spring will damage it or effect the velocity of the gun very negativly? I guess if it does i can just see about buying a new one. after firing the gun (after working the velocity spring) it didnt seem any different then before as far as accuracy or speed but ill also wasnt looking for any differences either so ill have to check it again.

I'd suggest not touching it, if you work it, and do happen to loosen it up (which I doubt you will, it seems pretty strong), it'll make the velocity go down.

Highbinder
06-08-2006, 05:44 PM

Yeah, you shouldn't have hurt it at all, in fact, by depressing the striker spring to a more worn in state, I think you would only be slightly improving you velocity margin to a more narrow number. In example, say a 15fps margin of error compared to a 10fps margin of error.

Glasher
12-29-2006, 02:34 PM
This should almost be rewrite in a new topic all in one and pin it cuz with the detent changed, a good hooper it works and brealking the ACS but I would like a pic/video tuts to break the ACS cuz I'm a total noob to those.

Redheadfred
12-29-2006, 03:17 PM
mine was chopping like crazy before . I played today with my new spyder hopper , shot around 1500 balls no chops .

wylde01
12-29-2006, 03:21 PM
all you do to break in the acs bolt is take it out and move the pin thingy up and down for a little while. im pretty sure you could also stick a dal rod inside the feedneck and shoot the gun. i hope this helps!!

daskyman
12-29-2006, 04:08 PM
hey, im having a problem with my gun, it only chops the last ball out of the hopper load...i cant seem to stop it, i am using an eggy3, do i just need to break in the acs bolt like wylde01 or what? help please, thnx

wylde01
12-29-2006, 04:22 PM
you say your only chopping the last ball in the hopper??? it doesnt sound to be a gun problem, the only thing i can think it could be is the hopper but i honestly dont know. maybe someone else knows but it really sounds weird.

daskyman
12-29-2006, 06:51 PM
it is not chopping in the hopper but the last ball (when the hopper is empty) that is the only ball that ever chops

daskyman
12-29-2006, 07:16 PM
so with an aftermarket bolt, i.e the alamo city "low blow" you wont have the acs system....? that is pretty lame if you dont, they should make a low blow acs mr2 bolt :D

Jarhead
12-30-2006, 09:04 AM
hey, im having a problem with my gun, it only chops the last ball out of the hopper load...i cant seem to stop it, i am using an eggy3, do i just need to break in the acs bolt like wylde01 or what? help please, thnx

I haven't heard of this problem before. Could it be caused by popcorning the ball back up before it fires? Since there isn't anything above to keep it down?

Until you figure it out I wouldn't empty the hopper leave 5-6 balls in it.

The Booth Man
12-30-2006, 10:47 AM
I haven't heard of this problem before. Could it be caused by popcorning the ball back up before it fires? Since there isn't anything above to keep it down?

Until you figure it out I wouldn't empty the hopper leave 5-6 balls in it.

I'm pretty sure that's the problem. Especially if paint gets in the hopper. Excess air shoots up the feedneck and causes paintballs to fly up into your hopper and break.

Unless you can eliminate the popcorn effect, you will always have chopping problems with you last few paintballs

The Booth Man
12-30-2006, 10:51 AM
so with an aftermarket bolt, i.e the alamo city "low blow" you wont have the acs system....? that is pretty lame if you dont, they should make a low blow acs mr2 bolt :D

Its really debatable whether the ACS system is that effective in the first place.

I would avoid the "Low Blow" bolt if you're just trying to keep balls from chopping

Xtreme
12-30-2006, 10:59 AM
This is for anyone, interested in the low blow bolt from Alamo City, that thinks going with out the acs will make chopping paint worse, First off when I got my MR2, a buddy of mine had one two but was an older one, so he had kingman send him new detents, he was also running an Eggy hopper, he never had any issues with chopping. I how ever got mine at a later time so there was more research and solutions plus alittle more aftermarket parts. I broke in my acs bolt, per the advice and video of this forum, At the time I was only running a gravity feed hopper, so the hopper wouldnt keep up with the ROF, like burst mode 1st and 3rd shot, couldnt feed the 2nd ball, but no chop. Since then I have installed an Low Blow Bolt and a HALO B hopper this thing rips, not one ball chop, and it doesnt matter if I use Draxxus, Diablo, or good ole walmart paint, it rips, no chops. As far as my ball detents, I put some super glue on them prior to the new bolt and hopper so I cant say I would have the same results, I am planning on adding Intimidator Ball detents in the future. I can say that I have been doing some troubleshooting on my friends MR3( there is a thread in the MR3 section) on this same subject, I think its his ball detents, but have put super glue on them but didnt get the results He or I was looking for. He has disables the eyes, changed paint, the only thime we cant get it chop is when he goes to a gravity feed hopper, but that effects his ROF. The thing that gets me about his gun is that it has two detents, what are the chances. but who knows. But like I said before, I am running the Alamo City Low Blow Bolt and a Halo B, with no issues.

ViperX
01-28-2007, 09:31 AM
Like many others I've had a host of many problems with my MR2. I even posted a review on the PBreview forums for the MR2 and gave it the lowest rating.

Needless to say I still have it, only because I'm iffy about going back to an a-5 or the x-7 only because no major improvements on the markers functional design and just haven't gone to an ion just yet but getting closer every day.

Out of the box with a 12volt revy with x board I was choppin, recockin and double feeding right out of the box! I immediately upgraded to a force fed hopper/halo b. This stopped the recockin issue and minimized the chopping, but was constantly spitting out 2-3 balls out with every shot in semi. I looked at the detents and had the supposed newer kingman black detents vice the original orange detents. So I bought some bob long detents and this immediately cured my double-triple feeding of paintballs. Kingman detents are too weak, no matter what those bone heads at kingman claim with their tests. Now the force fed hopper will keep the blowback from pushing the paintballs in the feedneck from being forced back up, when this occurs the ball doesnt fall into the chamber quick enough before the bolt returns when firing quickly. Basically with this marker a force fed is essential and therefore the weak stock detents will have to be replaced or get plagued with double feeds etc.

I am very dissapointed with this marker, along with many other issues with it, may be better to give it a few years before purchasing one once all the bugs and workmanship issues are resolved on this marker. Unfortunately many of us expected kingman reliabilty when they came out with this marker...so far i'm still waiting.

new_Faction64
01-28-2007, 10:06 AM
Kingman won't even pay for shipping, I'd like to send my MR2 back to them sometime so they can see if they can find the problem.

I haven't picked up my paintball stuff in a big while because of this marker.

Glasher
01-28-2007, 10:11 AM
Weird cuz I did all the stuff said here to stop choping/recokcing etc all worked. New Detent, o-ringed bolt, a good regulator and force feed hooper...since all those upgrade I haven't chop a single ball and shoot at least 3000 and been impressing the dudes at my local for havaing a competitive and fuctional Spyder.

new_Faction64
01-28-2007, 10:29 AM
Well that's one thing I still need to try, is getting an o-ringed bolt.

Did you get yours from Alamo City?

Glasher
01-28-2007, 10:40 AM
Well that's one thing I still need to try, is getting an o-ringed bolt.

Did you get yours from Alamo City?

Yes I did, 2 o-ring and it works flawlessly for me these guys are awesome I also bought the striker their

chagrinback49
01-28-2007, 12:05 PM
yea i sent my gun to kingman mayb thery can fix it. Im gonna end up paying like 30 bucks for shipping it there and back. they better fix it........its really annoying chopping sooo much

darth massacre
01-28-2007, 12:44 PM
Like many others I've had a host of many problems with my MR2. I even posted a review on the PBreview forums for the MR2 and gave it the lowest rating.
No offence, but that's the biggest reason why I don't trust PBreview.

Hey New_Faction, I thought you sold your MR2 already?

Redheadfred
01-28-2007, 02:48 PM
I played with mine yesterday , chopped all day . Ive got a alamo city bolt , timmy detents , fasta hopper . Never used anything other than semi auto and try everykind of paint you can think of , ramp , xball , nightmare . Anyone want to buy a MR2?

chagrinback49
01-28-2007, 02:59 PM
i think a reg would help or even going low pressure.... has anyone tried this? The reg would help b/c u could lower the operating psi to around 400 with just a normal reg which would decrease the impact of hitting the ball and kepp ur shots more consitent and give u better efficenfcy

chagrinback49
01-28-2007, 03:03 PM
also for anyone with a chopping problem first break in ur acs bolt then get a forcefeed loader like a reloader b or a halo b ( i like the reloader b personally)

Glasher
01-28-2007, 07:52 PM
It's weird how some poeple do the mods and still chops and some do and prob is over. I personally have my chopping prob fixed and I fired like 3-4 full hopper without a single chop and I didn,t even includ my regulator yet...it's just really weird unless those poeple made the modification the wrong way I don't know...