PDA

View Full Version : Guerrilla style?

HelpDeskHustler
10-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Setup:

Ok, so a lot of my friends have been taking part in local scenarios, so I decided to play one, and since I'm not a fan of shooting a lot in the woods (it feels like a waste, since the brush breaks so many good arcs) I took up a sabotage position, since our general's plan was to bait and snatch our objective (Ie large group distracts defenders while a small group sneaks in unseen). It was really a blast as I love pushing the limits of my visibility and feel awesome when people don't see me from 3 feet away, then I slip by. I've decided I want a new marker for the sole purpose of these scenarios, since they hold them every month. I feel that my PMR is just an overkill for the work I plan on doing. Why? It's too big, I'll never need 200 shots if I plan on being "sneaky", and it's a bit encumbering for quick getaways and the like. I really just need something very small, and generally usable at close ranges in case i get really SOL or I'm on a sabotage hitman mission or something. Essentially it's use can be defined as 1 style: Guerrilla warfare; out smart, out last, out number, out run. I looked into light guns, and low paint count and came up with a few choices, all which I am teetering around.

Choices:
http://rap4.com/images/P99/P99_Blue.jpghttp://rap4.com/images/P99/P99_Green.jpg
RAP walther p99 replica

pros:
extremely light/small
cheap spare clips

cons:
looks TOO real (I would solve this with blue, which I don't really like as an option)
uses .43 paint that must be ordered online (a mild inconvenience, since I won't shoot much, and scenarios are pretty far apart)
very short range (if I'm not sneaky enough I could get ****ed)

http://rap4.com/images/front/blackhawk_pistol.jpg
Tiberius 8 pistol

pros:
uses .68 paint
has good range, accuracy, and consistency because of the regulator and longer barrel

cons:
very expensive spare mags
semi-bulky for something that would be held as a pistol

http://www.wevopaintball.com/images/2011-V-45-00.gif
CCI phantom

pros:
probably the most accurate of the 3 choices
can play speedball with it as well
uses .68 paint

cons:
a tad bigger than I'm looking for, but could be worked with
Pumping may be too much motion at the ranges I need, especailly when I need to fire in fast succession.
Pumping may be too slow for some situations
I'd spend as much money on it as bamf has on his :rolleyes:

OK, please vote in the poll, then say why! :D

MR2 Woodsballer
10-03-2007, 02:57 PM
The Rap4 is a nice looking sidearm but the problem is with it useing .43 calaber paint is you will have to order online and unless you order in bulk you will be eating alot of shipping cost over time. I would go with the Tiberious 8 as my first choice and the phantom as my second. True the mags are expensive but realisticly if your not shooting alot you wouldn't need that many mags. Paint would show the hit alot better than a .43 calaber as well as you can always borrow a few rounds if u start getting low vs. haveing to wait untill the day is done and you get home to order more. Pistols have a greater ease of movement as well as quicker response. I would personally take that over a pump witch takes 2 hands and added reaction time. Just my $0.02

Sandman_Bravo
10-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Warsensor Zeus G2!
http://www.warsensor.com/index_english.htm

newkid
10-03-2007, 05:06 PM
phantom because upgradability

timbertiger20
10-03-2007, 05:47 PM
Don't go Rap4 pistols......I have a sig 226 and their magazine tension in those markers crushes their paint and dimples it as soon as it has tension on it. Works great with rubber balls for training purposes though!

Not a big fan of the Tiberius 8 they are bulky for me and they don't hang open when they are empty which I really hate!

The phantom is a great option for scenario ballers and here is why! It is super light and really efficient! It also allows you to use alot less paint! Paint is like $85 per case at EMR. So that is huge to me because I can shoot 3 cases a weekend very easily! I keep my pump around so I can play and ration my paint! It also shoots almost any paint well without breaking and scenario paint is almost always horrible! It will also cause you to learn to play a little differently and you will gain tremendously in your skill level. They are really sexy markers and come in some sweet colors! Mike Casady owner of CCI is far and away one of the greatest people in paintball I've ever met! His service is bar-none! I highly recommend the phantom and if your serious about getting one let me know as I can get them to you for the very best price in the industry!

Ace24
10-03-2007, 09:10 PM
Phantom.

You can mini the phantom with a smaller pump arm/handle and barrel too. I saw one online that I wanted that was mini'd this way.

Muddytaco
10-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Go with the phantom, lot of uses in one....even if you want a pistol:

http://www.wevopaintball.com/images/phantomdropout45.jpg

edit:
phantoms are autotrigger if you get in a situation that calls for it.

Ace24
10-04-2007, 07:06 AM
Go with the phantom, lot of uses in one....even if you want a pistol:

http://www.wevopaintball.com/images/phantomdropout45.jpg

edit:
phantoms are autotrigger if you get in a situation that calls for it.

^^^ Mini Phantom.

timbertiger20
10-04-2007, 07:45 AM
Those are actually very inexpensive!

HelpDeskHustler
10-04-2007, 08:33 AM
Those are actually very inexpensive!
all of my estimates put my preferences in phantoms close to like 350+

Ace24
10-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Phantom is probably one of the cheaper things there to buy... The Tiberious Pistol is like 800...

HelpDeskHustler
10-04-2007, 01:02 PM
Phantom is probably one of the cheaper things there to buy... The Tiberious Pistol is like 800...
260 + 30 + 30 = 1 gun shipped + 2 mags = $320

phantom micro w/ undercocking and freak back ( i have front and inserts)

$230 + 50 + 50 = $330

LostCause
10-04-2007, 01:54 PM
I would say the phantom, more accurate so you can truly be gurillea stlye, you pick off your foes best you can, then get up close and personal and it still works

timbertiger20
10-04-2007, 04:54 PM
That's because you didn't buy it from me! If I profit from my sales......I have to do taxes......so I make sure I don't profit!

Kenny_McCormic
10-04-2007, 05:03 PM
PGP=poor mans mini phantom

HelpDeskHustler
10-04-2007, 05:38 PM
I would say the phantom, more accurate so you can truly be gurillea stlye, you pick off your foes best you can, then get up close and personal and it still works
The semis might work best because I'm incredibly sneaky/quiet (part is knowing when people can see you and when they can't, then riding that line until the time is right) but 3 shots or more would give me away... so if I could crank out another 5-7 shots after those 3 before i ran, that would be awesome.

Timber, I haven't bought yet... just ran numbers... send me prices for:

45 micro phantom w/ dropout
45 phantom 11inch w/ fore grip 12gr
collapsible stock
under cocking kit (if you get those... that may be wevo only... idk)
freak backs if you get those.

the main benefit of the pistol is I could play the whole "oh... i've never played paintball, my friend just gave me this mask so i could scout... is that an angel?" while holding it in my belt (since they usually tape the guns to identify teams... of course if they did arms too this wouldn't work)... then when i get close to someone important like a general... bam. I know, it's cold... but i'd do it, and probably get lit up doing so.

Ace24
10-04-2007, 08:00 PM
Wait what pistol was priced at the $320 with two mags? Not the T8?

Where do you live? You should come to the next scenario even in PA. I'm going. (Provided you live somewhere on the east coast)

HelpDeskHustler
10-05-2007, 08:51 AM
Wait what pistol was priced at the $320 with two mags? Not the T8?

Where do you live? You should come to the next scenario even in PA. I'm going. (Provided you live somewhere on the east coast)
the t8 is 230-260 bucks(add shipping aim high = 260). add 2 $30 mags = 320

newkid
10-05-2007, 06:13 PM
the t8 is 230-260 bucks(add shipping aim high = 260). add 2 $30 mags = 320
$240@ actionvillage, free economy shipping

druid
10-05-2007, 09:29 PM
you could always go the minimag route and make it into a pistol...it's small enough. Run a coiled remote to a grip mounted asa and a 40 round pocket hopper...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/bdc54fd3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/3210e500.jpg

Ace24
10-05-2007, 11:02 PM
Couldn't you modify a 12G to fit the Mag? Can't say you'd get alot of shots out of it... considering Mag's are air hogs.

druid
10-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Couldn't you modify a 12G to fit the Mag? Can't say you'd get alot of shots out of it... considering Mag's are air hogs.

Technically yes. The lower vertical grip can be replaced with a speed/bucket changer and run the air line from there to the valve. He'd likely get about 20 total shots from it...maybe 15 good shots...

Or he could flip the asa/on off and run a WalMart disposable 1.5 oz (or whatever size they are) into it. Have the bottle run forward to the muzzle instead of out the back...or a 3.5 oz bottle from WEVO...should give him roughly 250 shots...

Running it forward on the grip may require a drop forward to clear the front grip but it would better balance it and hold it in a holster better than mounted vertically like a foregrip.

He could get a freak back and one of the 1" WWA tips to make it shorter than you see in the pic...or my guy that made my freak tips for me.....

HelpDeskHustler
10-06-2007, 08:16 PM
no mags, i'd rather not be mistaken for someone who is super seriallll like druid is :D

druid
10-07-2007, 04:13 AM
lol...you kill me.....lol

bamf-hacker
10-07-2007, 04:35 AM
and what do you mean spend money like BAMF?

Get the Phantom, you wont regret it. I just picked up a second one.

HelpDeskHustler
10-07-2007, 04:28 PM
and what do you mean spend money like BAMF?

Get the Phantom, you wont regret it. I just picked up a second one.
I mean I'll end up with $1000 in stuff for it. :p

vikingshadow
10-07-2007, 05:31 PM
I also voted for the Phantom. More versatile with all the things you can do to it - just look at all the configurations BAMF has done, and he didn't even include pistol configurations. You may not be able to unload a mag on someone with it, but I think the lightness and versatility of it balances that out.

Plus, I love playing with my Phantom - it's just a cool feeling knowing that you can shoot someone out with only one shot at a time - from any distance!

HelpDeskHustler
10-07-2007, 06:31 PM
i just pmed timber about it and I'm looking at the micro w/ dropout as the starting point for my phantom. I know I won't get ALL of the crap bamf has, but i know my maximum limit...

Grips:
-will always have 45*, never m16, possibly the acrylic ones from pbn.
Body:
-only the tube based one, if I ever get a hopper it won't go vert.
pump:
-I'll probably ditch the over the barrel for an under cocker, so I don't care what size I start with.
barrel:
-Probably freak back w/ stiffi front at best.
Air:
-dropout back (stock on micro), gauged back with ss hose to vert screw in, reg + cp on off if I got a micro tank
stock:
-phantom tstock
hopper:
10rd tube, 15 rd tube, if I really love the thing... a q loader + 1 spare pod.
sight:
probably just a ring sight, unless i have some money to spare on a red dot.

paintballkid0206
10-07-2007, 06:48 PM
phantom or micro phantom. i used a phantom for the first time yesterday and i absolutely love it. i'm actually gettin one next year (in the spring when i get a job). if you want something smaller, i'd go with the micro phantom. same thing, but samaller

bamf-hacker
10-07-2007, 07:01 PM
Grips:
-will always have 45*, never m16, possibly the acrylic ones from pbn.

Good choice, love my Dark Seoul Grips

Body:
-only the tube based one, if I ever get a hopper it won't go vert.

You can also get an adapter to make the stock class body an open class body, or just get a used open class body for cheap.

pump:
-I'll probably ditch the over the barrel for an under cocker, so I don't care what size I start with.

UC kit is a great idea, I like mine better than the stock pump. It does need to be worked in though.

barrel:
-Probably freak back w/ stiffi front at best.

Or you can get the stock barrel bored out to take freak inserts.

Air:
-dropout back (stock on micro), gauged back with ss hose to vert screw in, reg + cp on off if I got a micro tank

Save some $$ don't get a gauged valve. I have yet to look at mine. Once you use the Phantom a little you will know when to change air by your shots.

stock:
-phantom tstock

If you dont need an adjustable one get the L-Stock to save a few bucks.

hopper:
10rd tube, 15 rd tube, if I really love the thing... a q loader + 1 spare pod.

Q-Loader is insane overkill for a Phantom, cool yes, but overkill

sight:
probably just a ring sight, unless i have some money to spare on a red dot.

I personally think the ghost ring sight is just as good if not better than a reddot on a Phantom. It just helps sight down the barrel a little better.

HelpDeskHustler
10-07-2007, 07:12 PM
I wouldn't worry about working the UC kit, I have a pb gun in my hand like all the time.

I prefer freak fronts to the phantom stuff

qloader would be an overkill, i'd only get it if i successfully dominated scenarios and really prefered not reloading, which i would also get the small tank rather than 12g.

DFSniper
10-07-2007, 07:17 PM
what kind of red dot would you be looking into? i used to have a cheap BE/Daisy red dot from walmart, but i wouldnt suggest those because if the lighting isnt right, you wont be able to see it, which makes it pointless.

HelpDeskHustler
10-08-2007, 10:05 AM
I was just mulling it over, but it would probably be a $40 or better. I've owned the walmart one and i know it sucks...