PDA

View Full Version : bonus balls coming out of gun! :(

theklu
10-02-2007, 09:11 PM
the last time i took my mr2 out, it seemed like i had a lot of bonus balls coming out. I shot slowly and walked the trigger, but it seemed like after the shot a 2nd ball will trail the first one (double shot). The 2nd ball would just tank halfway from first ball that fired.

i have the Empire reloaderB, set at setting 2, no mods, and using hpa - the only thing i noticed was my velocity was low, so i cranked it up a bit, but still that 2nd ball kept coming.

could the rubber detent be bad already?

i'm tired, its late and i just remembered to ask...

shunut
10-02-2007, 09:53 PM
Are you getting 2 balls from 1 shot (bolt fully cycles only once. a full cycle is the bolt goes all the way forward, the all the way back to the resting position)? or Are you pulling the trigger once and your marker is firing twice (2 full cycles)?

From your explanation I'm going to guess you are getting 2 balls per cycle. If this is the case then I would say that it could definitely be the detents. As I remember it many have complained about the detents in the MR series.

chnk
10-03-2007, 03:50 AM
either his trigger is boucing or he needs some timmy detents

oldironmudder
10-03-2007, 05:37 AM
Sounds just like what hapened when I got my halo. I was told to slow it down but I just put a 9v into it. Havent had any problems out of it since i did it.

The detent could also be bad so a new one wouldnt hurt.

slim and shady
10-08-2007, 07:58 PM
either his trigger is boucing or he needs some timmy detents

Explain bouncing trigger please?

slim and shady
10-08-2007, 07:59 PM
Sounds just like what hapened when I got my halo. I was told to slow it down but I just put a 9v into it. Havent had any problems out of it since i did it.

The detent could also be bad so a new one wouldnt hurt.

What exactly did you do to your halo? just put in a single 9v?
is it a stock halo, or upgraded if that would make a diference?

chnk
10-08-2007, 08:03 PM
Explain bouncing trigger please?

its when the the trigger bounces off the switch accidently, basically imagine just doing random single shots on semi mode and all the sudden it fires 2 balls or three really quick, i mean supper quick and it causes your gun to jam, its usually completely random, and sometimes it wont go away for a while

it usually very annoying and usually comes from a light switch and heavy trigger combo,

i found the only way to fix this is to get a heavier switch, a lighter trigger, or adjust the trigger farther apart,

What exactly did you do to your halo? just put in a single 9v?
is it a stock halo, or upgraded if that would make a diference?

basically he took out the box thing that holds all the AAAs off the 9v connector its held onto, and then just put a 9v on that 9 volt connector, besides making the halo lighter, its basically gives the halo less power making it slower and the 9v will probably run out of juice quick

halos can be upgraded a number of ways but the most common is just a upgrade board where you can adjust the speeds to one that suites the gun and you

slim and shady
10-08-2007, 08:20 PM
Wouldnt the lack of apropriate power fry the board, well burn it out?

oldironmudder
10-09-2007, 04:10 AM
ripped w/ v35 board

bamf-hacker
10-09-2007, 05:28 AM
See if you can borrow a non-force fed loader like a revy or egg. If the problem goes away they it is likely your detents are not strong enough to keep only one ball in the chamber.

If it still happens then adjust the trigger so that it is not so close to the switch or replace the switch with a heavier pull one.

chnk
10-09-2007, 07:56 AM
Wouldnt the lack of apropriate power fry the board, well burn it out?

nope the 9v just gets drained out fast

theklu
10-26-2007, 08:35 PM
**update**

silly me, between the hammer and velocity adjuster i had no rubber washer there (it must of fell out last time and i forgot to put it back in)....i went to my local hardware store and bought some - had to use my dremmel to sand them down to fit, but gun worked after that.