PDA

View Full Version : Mods and info

jakobe
10-02-2007, 03:38 PM
I have recently upgraded my mr1

- spyder e-trigger frame from an old Imagine (works just fine no issues)
- alamo low blow bolt (2 rings)
- alamo delrin striker (1 ring)
- bob long detents
- 14" j&j barrel
- trinity aluminum feedneck from xpaintball.biz
- all lubed up with some hater sauce
- heavy "red" spring

future mods
- halo hopper or qloader
- esp trigger frame

I only get breaks in the breech when on aggressive 3 shot or full auto
I'm sure this stems from not having a force fed hopper. and the "popcorn" effect

I am looking for peformance over looks, so I wont be adding a rail, strap, barrel gaurd or anything else to that nature.

I want to make this gun a real solid powerful performer. at med to long distance.

what else could I do to upgrade the performace?

This gun is used only for fast and aggressive games of woodsball

money is not a factor as I pay for my own stuff.
I'm 32 and have been paintnballing for a long time, spyders are my gun of choice, because they are cheap, light and eay to fix and upgrade.

but I also own a custom 98 and an ion.

Fantom
10-02-2007, 03:52 PM
Same principles here....keep it agile and efficient.

I did install a Qloader and it did not work well until I changed to Marbalizers balls.

Now I can go full auto for the full capacity of the pod and I don't get a single break.

On my games I keep it on 3 shot burst, which help me save ammo but at the same time allows me to shoot singles just by touching the trigger slightly.

I did install a red dot which I use a lot. My tank is a 22 ci.

It is super accurate.

BTW, I also went Low Pressure, which also made my marker very quite.

oldironmudder
10-02-2007, 03:57 PM
A good force feed loader &a good reg are about all you really need.

The imagine frame is plastic right? Pm me if you wanna talk about an alum. esp frame.

jakobe
10-02-2007, 04:19 PM
A good force feed loader &a good reg are about all you really need.

The imagine frame is plastic right? Pm me if you wanna talk about an alum. esp frame.

no it is aluminum

but im trashing it soon for an aluminum esp

jakobe
10-02-2007, 04:28 PM
Same principles here....keep it agile and efficient.

I did install a Qloader and it did not work well until I changed to Marbalizers balls.

Now I can go full auto for the full capacity of the pod and I don't get a single break.

On my games I keep it on 3 shot burst, which help me save ammo but at the same time allows me to shoot singles just by touching the trigger slightly.

I did install a red dot which I use a lot. My tank is a 22 ci.

It is super accurate.

BTW, I also went Low Pressure, which also made my marker very quite.

I thought about the qloader, and have used a few markers with them and the biggest draw back is that on full auto you only get 100 shots. then you have to reload. atleas twiht the halo you get 170+
the pods are exp. and hard to reload the pods in the middle of a battle cuz they have to be wound and if its wound to loose or too tight you have probs.

the concept is great just needs a little more refining.
but it is the best looking of all the systems

I'll prolly switch to a halo with rip drive soon, maybe with a quick feed flap.

I cant go low pressure right now, I just bought a giant co2 tank and a fill station, so until I burn thought that I'm stuck with it.

maybe Ill add an expansion chamber..but the ak style one looks silly.

Is the one on the mr1 just a gas through grip? or is it an expansion chamber..I never gave it much thought.

oldironmudder
10-02-2007, 04:33 PM

X-chamber = waste of money

I cant go low pressure right now, I just bought a giant co2 tank and a fill station, so until I burn thought that I'm stuck with it.

Ive ran my TL+ at 300psi or so on co2 just fine.

chnk
10-02-2007, 04:38 PM
I thought about the qloader, and have used a few markers with them and the biggest draw back is that on full auto you only get 100 shots. then you have to reload. atleas twiht the halo you get 170+
the pods are exp. and hard to reload the pods in the middle of a battle cuz they have to be wound and if its wound to loose or too tight you have probs.

the concept is great just needs a little more refining.
but it is the best looking of all the systems

I'll prolly switch to a halo with rip drive soon, maybe with a quick feed flap.

Is the one on the mr1 just a gas through grip? or is it an expansion chamber..I never gave it much thought.

screw a bob long torpedo into your asa and run a remote, and buy a new valve and youll have a low pressure set up that runs co2 perfectly.

but before id go with the low pressure set up, you arent going to get anywhere wit a gravity feeder, buy a halo, fasta, vlocity, vlocity jr etc first. after you get a good hoper you'll be able to use the full potential of your mr1.

jakobe
10-02-2007, 04:50 PM
screw a bob long torpedo into your asa and run a remote, and buy a new valve and youll have a low pressure set up that runs co2 perfectly.

why a remote?, I hate remotes, too bulky imho

but before id go with the low pressure set up, you arent going to get anywhere wit a gravity feeder, buy a halo, fasta, vlocity, vlocity jr etc first. after you get a good hoper you'll be able to use the full potential of your mr1.

yeah I ve been using a borrowed halo here and there, in my other post I was stating that I will be buying one soon but was having to make a desicion between a powered hopper or qloader.

I do have a cheap power hopper that came with a gun I bought last year but its just an agitator, no power feed.

other than what I addressed in my first post
any more ideas on performance?

so far the suggestions are

-lp

chnk
10-02-2007, 05:00 PM
why a remote?, I hate remotes, too bulky imho

yeah I ve been using a borrowed halo here and there, in my other post I was stating that I will be buying one soon but was having to make a desicion between a powered hopper or qloader.

I do have a cheap power hopper that came with a gun I bought last year but its just an agitator, no power feed.

other than what I addressed in my first post
any more ideas on performance?

so far the suggestions are

-lp

you would have to use a remote because your asa is taken up by the torpedo reg, or you can run an inline palmers regulator/ on/off asa combo,

agurish
10-19-2007, 07:06 AM
The existing fore-grip on the MR-1 is a "gas-thru foregrip" only in the sense that it's hollow, and the steel line actually connects to the marker's receiver, not to anything inside the fore-grip. True "gas-through" hosts are where the gas line and the host is the *same* thing, and any additional fittings/lines/etc would attach to it directly, not up/through/inside it. The ideal low pressure MR-1 on CO2 would be thus: A low pressure tolerant valve w/ a spring kit to match, to allow for tuning you velocity. An expansion chamber (of some type) to allow liquid CO2 to convert into gas. Then, using steel hose, connect to one of these..A Palmer's STABILIZER regulator that can be mounted in place of the normal ASA on your marker.

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_9_28&products_id=175

Then you can screw your CO2 tank straight into it. Using the reg, you can dial down your pressure from the normal 900 psi that comes out of the CO2 tank into any pressure you want. If liquid comes out of your tank, the expansion chamber can handle it, and then your springs & valve allow you to run at lowered pressures, increasing efficiency.

Coupled with an eletronic trigger frame, a delrin bolt, and lightened and/or delrin striker, you could get your MR-1 into the higher rates of fire w/o too much trouble. As for a good hopper, try anything from Viewloader, including the Evolution III (15 to 20 bps), and the VL Pulse. The Revolution won't keep up at the higher rates (it's just an agitator), and the Quantum is right out, it's virtually useless as a motorized hopper goes.

-AGURISH

jakobe
10-21-2007, 02:39 PM
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_9_28&products_id=175

-AGURISH

seems this link is dead, the shopping cart files are corrupt
strange it was fine the other day

palmers entire shopping cart is down