View Full Version : MR1 Camo Job
10-01-2007, 10:55 AM
I just put camo on my MR1. I used strips of a regular Woodland pattern BDU. It's a Mr1 with an Electro-Rocking Trigger, a RAP4 M4 stock (go to the Veterans forum and look at my posting there), a RAP4 Universal Bi-pod and a Smart-Parts Progressive 14" barrel. I also made a homeade sling (the brown thing on the floor next to the stock.
12-15-2007, 12:58 PM
im going to be a bit blunt but that doesnt look good. but... i do thik it will blend in well if you can find some way to scrunch the strips up so it wont look so straight...idk
12-15-2007, 01:16 PM
i did that once, but what i did was take a giant rectangle (off the back of a BDU jacket) and cut a hole for the feedneck. then i cut the edges into 1" strips, with random diagonal cuts on each side and draped it over the gun. for the barrel i took another smaller rectangle, looped it so that it fit snugly over the barrel, and sewed it together. then i repeated the cutting process.
i dont have the pieces anymore, but i may make another one out of a different kind of material.
12-15-2007, 01:57 PM
I think that if you cut the strips a little smaller it will give it that "ghillie" look. If that is what you are going for:)
12-15-2007, 05:21 PM
Give me a couple of days and I'll show you guys what I did with my remote pack. It's kinda like what DF is talking about. I cut off the sleeves from my Digi-camo shirt and cut them into a bunch of random zig-zag strips of varying sizes, no more than an inch, most of them about 1/2", and then sewed them onto the netting for my pack which is just a camelpack I picked up at the army navy store with a hole cut in the bottom. I'll get those pictures up in a couple of days. It could look good though if you get rid of the edges by cutting it into strips than fraying the sides.