PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

DFSniper
09-29-2007, 10:39 AM
Is there a governing body (or anything close) in paintball? i need this answer for an essay ASAP. thanks in advance.

applesauce
09-29-2007, 04:49 PM
as far as tournament rules? or regulations for building guns ? what kind of governing are you talking about?

DFSniper
09-30-2007, 12:12 PM
overall rules, not tournament specific. is there an organization (besides ASTM) that comes up with the rules, like the 300 fps, you must wear goggles, etc.

oldironmudder
09-30-2007, 01:09 PM
In the 8 years or so of playing I haven't seen any " almighty governing body " over paintball in a whole. Just tourney rules, nppl, psp, x-ball, etc.. and feilds. All of them more or less go by an unspoken law that they twist around to form their own.

Hope that helps some.

Team Ramrod
09-30-2007, 01:17 PM
Insurance companies as well, they make some of the rules for fields to follow.

applesauce
09-30-2007, 05:09 PM
I also believe that paintball markers have to conform to ATF (alcohol tobacco and fire arms) regulations as well. but Im not 100% on that. since a paintball marker is considered a fire arm "A weapon, especially a pistol or rifle, capable of firing a projectile and using an explosive charge as a propellant". I would assume that because its considered a fire arm, they arnt legal to discharge with in city limits. weapon and ammo must be kept separate in a vehicle or completely in the trunk. the list goes on....hope this help a little

again im not 100% on this so look it up, or even call the city and find out.

DFSniper
09-30-2007, 05:20 PM
ok, thanks. i was just wondering because im doing a proposal essay for my english class on a universal paintball player ID system (so if you get caught committing a paintball-related offense, i.e. shooting your neighbor's dog, etc, you would get your paintball privilege taken away and be unable to purchase markers) and the audience would be paintball stores, walmart, etc. since theres no official governing body.