PDA

View Full Version : Pilot ACS problems feeding

thunderpickle
09-27-2007, 10:27 AM
Hello All, I bought a Pilot from a member here through ebay. I am having problems on all settings except semi auto. On tri-burst mode even set to 6 balls per second i am experiencing this: It will fire 2 balls and then dry fire, sometimes it will "shoot" only once per three shots. The gun came with a quantum hopper and i thought that was the problem, I just got a halo tsa and i am having the same problems. The gun came with a spring kit and i have both black springs (softest) in there right now. This solved the problem of chopping that i had with the harder springs in it. Any ideas what to check next? The hopper drop tests fine and the gun is extremely clean with a light coat of oil on moving parts. Could this be caused by a worn cup seal? Any help is appreciated...

Solar
09-27-2007, 11:42 AM
The only reason it would skip a shot would be if a ball wasn't in the chamber (i.e. the hopper isn't keeping up with the gun).

Maybe there is an obstruction in the feedneck? Thus reducing the width and making it hard for balls to drop. I know it's a stretch but that's the only thing i could think of.

thunderpickle
09-27-2007, 02:03 PM
It has a warrior clamping feedneck on it. I drop tested with the feedneck attached to the hopper and it seems to be feeding fine. When it goes back on the gun is a different story though. Working on something is part of the fun but paint and tank refills are getting expensive...

Sandman_Bravo
09-27-2007, 02:47 PM
What's your velocity with the stiffer springs? When you get a dry fire, does it also uncock? It really sounds like the hopper isn't keeping up, regardless of the drop flow tests. One variable missing from that equation when testing the hopper off the gun is blowback- that can cause popcorning in a hopper. I'm not sure if the TSA is a true stacked force feed hopper; I'm not familiar with it. I'd say try and borrow an Empire Re-loader and try it. Although, the problem should be there in semi as well. Disassemble, clean, & re-lube generously. Check the sear and where it catches on the hammer. Is it worn terribly? It seems like some time back, some others had problems of a similiar nature and the cure was to file a small amount off the point of the hammer where it strikes the valve pin. DO NOT REMOVE ANY MATERIAL FROM THE HAMMER UNTIL SOMEONE WHO HAS DONE IT REPLIES IN THIS POST WITH INSTRUCTIONS!!! Anyway, clean & lube- check her out and give us an update, ok?

thunderpickle
09-27-2007, 03:19 PM
What's your velocity with the stiffer springs?
Not sure, i dont have a chron

When you get a dry fire, does it also uncock?
The majority of the time it recocks

It really sounds like the hopper isn't keeping up, regardless of the drop flow tests. One variable missing from that equation when testing the hopper off the gun is blowback- that can cause popcorning in a hopper.
I havent noticed this hopper popcorning, The quantum i got with the gun was very bad though.
I'm not sure if the TSA is a true stacked force feed hopper; I'm not familiar with it. I'd say try and borrow an Empire Re-loader and try it. Although, the problem should be there in semi as well.
The problem is there in semi but since i dont fire very fast it isnt as noticeable

Disassemble, clean, & re-lube generously. Check the sear and where it catches on the hammer. Is it worn terribly? It seems like some time back, some others had problems of a similiar nature and the cure was to file a small amount off the point of the hammer where it strikes the valve pin. DO NOT REMOVE ANY MATERIAL FROM THE HAMMER UNTIL SOMEONE WHO HAS DONE IT REPLIES IN THIS POST WITH INSTRUCTIONS!!! Anyway, clean & lube- check her out and give us an update, ok?
I havent torn into the bottom half of the gun yet but i will take the grips off and see whats doing around the hammer.
Thanks for the help

thunderpickle
09-28-2007, 04:56 AM
OK, I tore the gun down last night and nothing looks out of the ordinary. Everything around the sear and hammer looks ok. Nothing excessively worn. Lubed and tried again this morning, Same result. I will try and get ahold of a force fed hopper this weekend.