PDA

View Full Version : Hi, got a question for someone with a lot of tech knowledge

Dev
09-25-2007, 05:31 AM
Well since this is my first post I might as well introduce myself. I go by the name Dev and I'm a pupil at a school over the pond in Scotland. :cool: I'ver recently really got into paintballing and I've bought an MR2 marker and love it. :D

Well at school I'm studying Higher Technological studies and need to make a case study on how some kind of technological system works. So I've decided to do it on my MR2. So far I've managed to sub-systems diagrams showing how the pneumatics of the air system and the electronics of my hopper work etc, but I got a bit lost explaining how the chip inside the trigger frame seems to work. :confused: If ANYONE could give me help of any kind it would be greatly appreciated :)

shunut
09-25-2007, 07:08 AM
First of all Welcome.

How in depth do you want this description to be?

The basics are pretty simple. You pull the trigger which activates a micro switch. When the switch is activated this tells the board that the trigger has been pulled which sends a signal to the solenoid, aka coilset, which pushes the sear down and releases the striker. The board has a programmed time to keep the solenoid activated, this is called Dwell. Some boards you can change the dwell, some you can't, stock Spyder boards do not have an adjustable dwell. This all happens while the trigger is pulled. There is usually a setting that does not allow this process to start again until the trigger is released, unless of course there is an auto setting. There is also another setting called delay or debounce that does not reactivate the trigger switch for a set amount of time. This is to prevent the gun from firing from the force of the gun firing. That is a brief description of the semi-auto mode. There are also burst modes and automatic modes.

If you need more details or if you have questions about specific processes, let us know.

Dev
09-25-2007, 02:40 PM
Thanks a lot thats made things a little cleared but it's not everything I need to know. I should have maybe asked a more specific question actually. I know about the trigger thing and solenoid but what I'm baffled by is how the actual components in the chip are set up... What I'm really needing to know is how the components like the 9.6V battery, resistors, transistors, solenoids are configured etc work.

Cheers matey, you're honestly a life saver you know. My case study has to be in really soon.