PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3

durrell
09-24-2007, 10:26 PM
Anyone get it?

I got it tonight at 12:15 and it owns. :thumbup:

timmyshoota
09-24-2007, 10:29 PM
I refuse to buy it because the online community for Halo is horrible. I'll stick with Rainbow Six: Vegas.

HelpDeskHustler
09-25-2007, 03:25 AM
It's amazing. Hayabusa armor is leet. http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/PlayerModel.ashx?mt=AAEAAAD/////AQAAAAAAAAAMAgAAAEpCdW5naWVOZXQuRW5naW5lLCBWZXJzaW 9uPTIuOS4yMi44NjMsIEN1bHR1cmU9bmV1dHJhbCwgUHVibGlj S2V5VG9rZW49bnVsbAUBAAAAIUJ1bmdpZU5ldC5FbmdpbmUuSG FsbzMuTW9kZWxUb2tlbgEAAAAGdmFsdWVzBwICAAAACQMAAAAP AwAAAAgAAAACAAUFBQcAAAAL
staying out to get it at 12 was one of my birthday liberties. I played it offline though. trust me g, the crowd now is the same as rainbow with the addition of a few 12 yearolds. I played the beta and everyone is pretty cool... if there was ever a time to play the game its while everyone is amicable because they have the game and are so happy rather than later when their awe has been superseded by dochieness. besides, I'm leet on the mute + boot. what's your gt? just play player matches with d, my friends and i and you'll be fine, all the douches are in matchmaking at low levels and high levels on ffa. let me announce why it's worthwhile.

kick ass story. I've played a level alone so far, I plan on finishing it today with friends in 4 player coop
forge, you can play any game type you want basically.
ranks outside of ranked mode
save movies
new weapons
char. model customization
the elephant
technology will give the 12 yearolds a hard time since all they think about is shoot, not the much more effective techniques that involve throwing technology down to help you.

Critical
09-25-2007, 07:03 AM
I was supposed to go out and pick it up at midnight, but I was dead sick and couldn't go. :( :(

I'll pick it up this afternoon and be playing tonight.

DFSniper
09-25-2007, 07:06 AM
im gonna wait for it to come out on pc...

shunut
09-25-2007, 07:11 AM
eh, I've never been a big Halo fan. Most of the time the more hype there is about something, the less likely I am to buy into it, with most things at least. I saw line at the game stores last night and heard that the release anticipation made Microsoft's stock go up 3%.

Theheroguy
09-25-2007, 12:56 PM
hype isn't always exaggeretaed and your comment doesn't make much sense imo but
I just got it like 30 min ago

Hossy
09-25-2007, 01:12 PM
Get me onlineanytime.

Ill be on alllll day today

Paintballadict18
09-25-2007, 04:34 PM
well me and my bro reserved and payed for the limited version, and my mom picked it up today, and shes getting us an ELITE prolly next week as an early early christmas present, so yea i dont get to play halo 3 for a week im gonna shoot myself haha nah im not that lame :D

HelpDeskHustler
09-25-2007, 04:36 PM
Space Mace is the official name for the gravity hammer from now on out.

I won't lie, the story has me a BIT confused... especially the timeline. at the end of halo 2, didn't mastercheif get on the ark... why is it being dug up now.... and why wasn't he on it when it landed on earth?

Online play - 9.2/10
why: equipment, support weapons, new vehicles and weapons all add to the experience of halo 2, which I would have given an 8 or 8.5. Forge and new modes make it a blast to play, and encourage custom games over matchmaking. It would have received a 9.5 but I feel that there aren't enough great maps. New map packs soon, should add to this. I don't like many maps because I love halo in an "outdoors" setting, and close range is too fast for me.
Story - 9.5
why: the story is very good, I love the overall feel of 4player coop and how the META-game was made so that you can score campaign. Flow is fast paced and enemies aren't pushovers. I'm only half way through and I'm at a part with some hated foes.... I've stopped there for now until more friends get on.
Visuals: 9.8
the best looking game I've seen in awhile, up there with bioshock, gears of war and the likes. Cinematics and minicuts are both well placed and enigmatic.
Audio: 10
superb. i have 5.1 dolby digital blasting this amazing sound... it couldn't be better.
Improvement over halo 2 and other games/cost of new game - well worth it.
the hype really brings out crowds and I love a good group of friends. I have a lan party scheduled already and I'm working on some maps in forge.

Overall (not an average of prev. scores) i would rate it well into 9/10 range... if not closer to 9.5 or 9.7. THIS IS A GREAT GAME.

shunut
09-25-2007, 05:14 PM
hype isn't always exaggeretaed and your comment doesn't make much sense imo but
I just got it like 30 min ago

How does my comment not makes sense? I have played Halo 2, it was okay but it didn't impress me. There was absolutely nothing about it that would get me excited about Halo 3 and definitely no make me want to run out and buy it. Those types of games have never excited me and the more I hear about others playing them, the less desire I have to play them. What is there not to understand? As I see it the more hype, the more build up for disappointment.

marvin-martian
09-25-2007, 05:19 PM
i honestly dont see what the huge halo buzz has been about. its a clean FPS that has good online play. wow.

splater18
09-25-2007, 05:26 PM
i honestly dont see what the huge halo buzz has been about. its a clean FPS that has good online play. wow.
u must be waiting fo hello kitty magic island adventers II

lol jk, jk :D :)

TheRedBarron
09-25-2007, 05:29 PM

... warning.

marvin-martian
09-25-2007, 05:29 PM

more like MGS4, GT5, the orange box, RE5 etc etc.

Paintballadict18
09-25-2007, 05:40 PM

:lolsign: :lolsign: :lolsign: :lolsign:

omg i cant stop laughing.... i cant breathe!
wow that was funny!

pbfreak3221
09-25-2007, 05:44 PM
Guys just wondering, is the middle of the three systems is okay? I know there is the core, the regular, and elite. I want something to just play around on, but still want Live, and memory. I was wondering what your opinions are, and what systems you guys have?

Paintballadict18
09-25-2007, 05:49 PM
get the reg

pb34
09-25-2007, 05:51 PM
Regular comes with everything you should need. It has the 20gb harddrive, wireless controller, all the cords you need, and I think a live trial membership.

pbfreak3221
09-25-2007, 05:53 PM
On microsoft's website it says all systems come with just the silver level membership.

Theheroguy
09-25-2007, 05:55 PM
awesome so far gameplay wise (only 30 min in) anyway I just don't understand how good reviews and expectations make someone want something less but w/e different strokes for different folks (omg did I just say that? I could delete it but thats would be like internet conversation cheating anyway...) I love it that the assualt rifle is back

Hossy
09-25-2007, 06:24 PM
Guys just wondering, is the middle of the three systems is okay? I know there is the core, the regular, and elite. I want something to just play around on, but still want Live, and memory. I was wondering what your opinions are, and what systems you guys have?

Im pretty sure that the core you need to upgrade to get live.

Id get the Elite. Thats what i have
if you have any questions get me on AIM

shunut
09-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Hmmm, I didn't see anybody say anything about wanting less. Like you said bud, different strokes for different fokes. I don't like the game, thats me, doesn't affect you at all. First time I played halo I was expecting way more than what it was, due to everything I heard about it, aka HYPE. I just didn't think there was anything special about the game.

HelpDeskHustler
09-25-2007, 07:56 PM
OMG the first 3-4 levels are basically just to get your feet wet, the last 3 make up for everything with epicness. by far worth every penny of 60 bucks. If you read the books, you will be rewarded, if you didn't you won't catch some subtle moments. changing assessment of story to 9.8 only because 4 of us easily rushed through it. we'll be finding skulls and nabing some other goodies tommorow.

Hossy
09-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Well anyways, Im thinking about trying to get a KUSA game of halo 3 started sometime. Anyone interested?

If you want to play, make sure your not gonna be stupid and come in and yell in the mic like your little sister watching a scary movie. I think we could have alot of fun with this, and even play some Co-op together.

Hossy
09-25-2007, 08:01 PM
OMG the first 3-4 levels are basically just to get your feet wet, the last 3 make up for everything with epicness. by far worth every penny of 60 bucks. If you read the books, you will be rewarded, if you didn't you won't catch some subtle moments. changing assessment of story to 9.8 only because 4 of us easily rushed through it. we'll be finding skulls and nabing some other goodies tommorow.

Claus get me in on some of that action. That was pretty sick today playing with you all.

Ace24
09-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Only game that makes me want a 360.

HelpDeskHustler
09-25-2007, 08:28 PM
Only game that makes me want a 360.
I'm actually surprised. I've seen like 3-4 strictly wii gamers who were pretty meh about halo 3 skip school and get giddy playing it my house and a local game place. I won't lie, bungie should call mulligans on halo 1, and 2, because this game is far better. Seriously, I feel bad that I even thought halo 2 was fun now that I've gotten mindhandled by this game.

Paintballadict18
09-25-2007, 09:15 PM
stop it... STOP IT!!! i dont have a 360 (yet) and i wont be able to get live for a while and u guys are making me want it sooooo bad im gonna explode!

durrell
09-25-2007, 09:21 PM
Oh man this is the best game I have ever played. And that's no lie. It is so much fun on so many levels. I'm on the last level and I have no idea what's going to happen. I'm hoping since it's on Heroic, it will be the right ending..because supposedly there are 2 endings.

Multiplayer is awesome, but I've yet to try Forge.

HelpDeskHustler
09-26-2007, 03:33 AM
Oh man this is the best game I have ever played. And that's no lie. It is so much fun on so many levels. I'm on the last level and I have no idea what's going to happen. I'm hoping since it's on Heroic, it will be the right ending..because supposedly there are 2 endings.

Multiplayer is awesome, but I've yet to try Forge.
You don't get the good, but still enigmatic ending unless on leg. You will have no idea what hit you, I'm pretty sure this is a 3+ playthrough to catch all the subtleties. You need to know some backround. D, you're not on my list, I should get you on there. Oh, and forge is awesome. The maps are really big in a wide way... I think they need some long and medium width ones.

DFSniper
09-26-2007, 07:30 AM
a friend of mine took out a loan to get an Elite, so we're gonna play at his house this weekend. i was surprised when i went to walmart yesterday and they still had 2 copies left...

Muddytaco
09-26-2007, 10:32 AM
I passed on this one for now halo 1&2 were way overrated.

Hossy
09-26-2007, 12:09 PM

You get every game that comes out new!
wowzers

codymm1014
09-26-2007, 12:48 PM
I love this game. GT= P8ntball 25. Ill be on all the time lol.

HelpDeskHustler
09-26-2007, 03:30 PM
I'd agree 2 was overrated, 1 was still pretty good... but if you have XBL and some good friends, this is at least 100x better.

calebh
09-26-2007, 03:36 PM
a friend of mine took out a loan to get an Elite
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

no game or game system is worth that much. the only exception is if he waits in line for the release, buys the store, then sells everything on ebay for massive profits. ($20,000 PS3's anybody?)

spyderpilotacs05
09-26-2007, 04:07 PM
i got halo 3 last night, i was up till 2 playing it, i finally beat the first level and that i saved it turned of my xbox 360 went to take a #2 , came back turned it back on and bam! it says it cant read the disk!

o well what i played of it was sick!

ps i cleaned it and it works now.

vwjimmy
09-26-2007, 04:22 PM
I refuse to buy it because the online community for Halo is horrible. I'll stick with Rainbow Six: Vegas.
My son feels the same way...but he did buy it at midnight....finished the whole campaign at 8:30 the next morning.......

Oscum Guy
09-26-2007, 06:06 PM
goin to a friends halo 3 party on fri. lololol

Paintballadict18
09-26-2007, 06:12 PM
i was supposed to go to one of my brothers friends house today afterschool and play but i got the stomach flu i was up at 4 am doing u know what

bomberpilot07
09-26-2007, 06:14 PM
i went up to the mall with my friend after work so he could get it "he was to young to purchase :p" then we played like the first three missions... holy crap, best one out of the trilogy hands down.

HelpDeskHustler
09-26-2007, 06:22 PM
i went up to the mall with my friend after work so he could get it "he was to young to purchase :p" then we played like the first three missions... holy crap, best one out of the trilogy hands down.
the first 3 missions are crap compared to the last 3. You'll pay for the whole seat, but you'll only need the edge of it. :D

codymm1014
09-26-2007, 06:30 PM
goin to a friends halo 3 party on fri. lololol
awesome. im having a halo 3 party my house on friday too.

Oscum Guy
09-26-2007, 06:33 PM
only thing is, its on the same day of the school dance :(

Hossy
09-26-2007, 06:33 PM
awesome. im having a halo 3 party my house on friday too.

On friday alot of my friends and I are getting online. Were having a 'party' but really, we all wont be at the same place. IMO everyone would have a hard time sharing, depending on how many people you have over.

Anyone want in? if so hit me with a PM

codymm1014
09-26-2007, 06:39 PM
Ill play depending on when it is. Oscum- **** school dances. lol. its halo 3. naw im jp but if anyone wants to play im on right now at P8ntball 25

durrell
09-26-2007, 06:45 PM
I beat it on Heroic today. Campaign was meh.

I've won every Live game I've played except 3. I got my butt kicked in the last game I played.

marvin-martian
09-26-2007, 06:50 PM
I've won the last Live game I played. I got my butt kicked in every game I played.
nub :dodgy:

Maxx-Damage
09-26-2007, 07:03 PM
I dont like the ending, its almost like halo 1. But the very end movie was kinda confusing until i saw the writing.:(

HelpDeskHustler
09-27-2007, 03:47 AM
I beat it on Heroic today. Campaign was meh.

Heroic is the new normal. Legendary gets the real cutscenes.

4 main things:
read the books, play the other games, when cortana/gravemind talks listen. She makes links to tons of things subtly, if you catch even half you'll be impressed. The multifaceted battles are pretty crazy imo, especially with all the changing alliances.

play with friends, skulls, scoring and look for easter eggs. If you are an RVB fan, they have an easter egg that's pretty easy to accidentally find. In the first large tunnel with cars in it for "crow's nest" keep going down the main tunnel rather than through the service door on the left. At the end of the tunnel (a jog to the left and down a bit from the correct door) is a guy banging on another service door, he'll be talking to someone, this is the egg... listen, it's pretty funny.

Admire some scenery. Bungie worked hard to make it look like a battle is going on, stop getting tunnel vision and look up at the sky, sometimes battles are going on. Look around.

use the online functions. http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/Screenshots.aspx?gamertag=Claus9 take pictures, videos etc. and make use of them.... btw durrell, friend me... my GT is in the link.

Ace24
09-27-2007, 09:29 AM
a friend of mine took out a loan to get an Elite, so we're gonna play at his house this weekend. i was surprised when i went to walmart yesterday and they still had 2 copies left...
Sears had like 30 copies. I have a pic on my phone. Yet people are still camping outside game stores. :dodgy: Nubs

Hossy
09-27-2007, 02:08 PM
To all who played-
That was alot of fun. Maybe afternoon tomorrow we can get something going. If you all get on im more than welcome to get you all into a game for some fun.

Durrell-- I had 7 assists that game where you took all my kills.

Matt I sent the request to you. we all want to play with you!

TheRedBarron
09-27-2007, 02:12 PM
I wont be playing Halo online for a bit, I need to get things straight here in the real world before I start playing a game that may get me hooked.

pb34
09-27-2007, 02:50 PM
To all who played-
That was alot of fun. Maybe afternoon tomorrow we can get something going. If you all get on im more than welcome to get you all into a game for some fun.

Agreed and I finally found my mic!

Paintballadict18
09-27-2007, 03:37 PM
me an my mom just went to cosco and they had 50 copies (reg virsion) of halo 3 and 10 360 halo special editions. and im over my flu ;)

HelpDeskHustler
09-27-2007, 03:40 PM
I'll have 4 online tommorow hossy... maybe some meta game, maybe some matchmaking... we'll see.

edit: 2 things

1. does anyone know what bungie pro is, and why it costs 750 ms points for a subscription
2. what do you think bungie will do with the extra 250 gamerscore points they can use on dlc?

Ace24
09-27-2007, 07:05 PM
Rofl at the nubs waiting outside gamestores before they open still for Halo 3 when Sears has this:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/yhalo.jpg

:D

Paintballadict18
09-27-2007, 07:13 PM
seriously! when i walked into cosco i was like... idiots! but probably the main reason they did that was to say they got it right when it opened and to play before school/work

Ace24
09-27-2007, 07:15 PM
I know kids that are still skipping school to play. :(

Paintballadict18
09-27-2007, 07:18 PM
yea i know, i thinks its stupid i meen if ur that impatient holy cow

durrell
09-27-2007, 09:31 PM
If you are an RVB fan, they have an easter egg that's pretty easy to accidentally find. In the first large tunnel with cars in it for "crow's nest" keep going down the main tunnel rather than through the service door on the left. At the end of the tunnel (a jog to the left and down a bit from the correct door) is a guy banging on another service door, he'll be talking to someone, this is the egg... listen, it's pretty funny.

Hahaha, I loved that. I showed it to some of my friends. The first thing I said was "this sounds like Red vs. Blue". That was probably one of my favorite things in the Campaign. I laughed hard at it.

HelpDeskHustler
09-28-2007, 03:06 AM
Hahaha, I loved that. I showed it to some of my friends. The first thing I said was "this sounds like Red vs. Blue". That was probably one of my favorite things in the Campaign. I laughed hard at it.
get grunt birthday party skull. everyone explodes into streamers when you kill them.

Rofl at the nubs waiting outside gamestores before they open still for Halo 3 when Sears has this:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/yhalo.jpg

:DOMG your sears has a copy of viva?! $130 paypal for that copy of viva pinata overnight!!! :dodgy:

HelpDeskHustler
09-28-2007, 03:16 AM
oh one more thing... if we do a kusa game tommorow... I'll grab some pics and vids and upload. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/claustrophobia9/276012-Full.jpg this one is way too close up to judge visuals... i just liked how this guy looks like some kind of village people pimp.

edit: i also hadn't noticed that unfortunate explosion to the right that had caused two construction workers to be pressed tightly in an unusual position ;)

Nader
09-28-2007, 04:37 AM
Cool, Kusa game today? I'm in.

codymm1014
09-28-2007, 06:39 AM
Im in. Let me know when ya'll get on.

timmyshoota
09-28-2007, 01:59 PM

I just wanted to make myself look like an ass before anyone else did.

I bought it. :(

BrianT
09-28-2007, 02:09 PM
durrell and a couple of us has had a couple of great games the last couple of days.

HelpDeskHustler
09-28-2007, 03:26 PM
I just wanted to make myself look like an ass before anyone else did.

I bought it. :(
lmao. friend me... old screen name's nickname/shortened version + a 9 at the end... or just pm me.

BTW I've been hearing way too much "wahhh, this wasn't such an awesome story" about halo 3, so i figured I might give a couple reasons why since people are fairly dense and think bungie is just like everyone else.

Bungie references a lot of previous works. In a sense, the halo series is an updated, more detailed version of "marathon" where generalities were replaced with intricate details. If they ever have a reference to marathon, you should think like it's the same game.

Bungie originally used subtleties and environment to portray plot details... this was to make players feel accomplished once getting it... since that doesn't exist any more, and people give up, I'll help. They had to change to cut scenes to make a product that worked... if things don't fit together perfectly, study up on some of the books, or take a look at some more subtle stuff. Bungie is known for ARG's, and some are very, very compelling.

I will guarantee that you missed over half of the plot if all you did was play the game and kill covenant, then watch the cut scenes.

The story mode contains the following:

****[minor spoilers... trust me, most of it is common knowlege]****

-The end of the covenant/human war and how it comes about.
-The end of the flood problem and how it comes about.
-A pause/transition of Spartan-II, John 117 into more mystery
-A sub theme of rampancy (look it up - in regards to AI)
-An explanation of the forerunner's conflict with the flood, and why they fired the rings.
-An explanation of how the rings are made.
-A possible transition to reuniting with 6+ other surviving Spartans
-BOOK only references (through Cortana)/ history of John-117
-A parallel with marathon series and questions regarding possible levels that Bungie might add or possible story arc's to branch from Halo
-Insight into the workings of the flood

You are missing out if you don't understand all of what I said, and not looking into these but claiming Halo 3 had only a decent campaign shows your arrogance and inability to look deeper into a seemingly shallow game.

BrianT
09-28-2007, 03:38 PM
^^ yeah i noticed a lot of book references in this game.

Maxx-Damage
09-28-2007, 04:38 PM
I like the very end of it, reminded me of halo ce so much. There was quite a few book refrences and Ghosts of Onyx explains the new helmets and armor for online play.

Anybody love the Mongoose? Give a marine a rocket launcher, just tryit, its very entertainin when hes ur turret.

HelpDeskHustler
09-28-2007, 04:47 PM
I like the very end of it, reminded me of halo ce so much. There was quite a few book refrences and Ghosts of Onyx explains the new helmets and armor for online play.

Anybody love the Mongoose? Give a marine a rocket launcher, just tryit, its very entertainin when hes ur turret.
technically ghosts doesn't explain any new armor since you can't use their SPI armor which is non shielded infiltration suits designed for quick movements and low cost.

EOD is explosive ordinance disposal, which means it protects you from shockwaves (not in the game, but theoretically)

EVA is extra vehicular activity

everything else is spelled out in the descriptions.

Hossy
09-28-2007, 05:51 PM
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GET IN A KUSA GAME TOMORROW OR SOME OTHER TIME, PM ME WITH YOUR GT AND I WILL ADD YOU TO MY BL AND WHEN WERE ON ILL INVITE YOU

Im on now. If you want to play now, hit me up

HelpDeskHustler
09-28-2007, 06:07 PM
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GET IN A KUSA GAME TOMORROW OR SOME OTHER TIME, PM ME WITH YOUR GT AND I WILL ADD YOU TO MY BL AND WHEN WERE ON ILL INVITE YOU

Im on now. If you want to play now, hit me up

finishing college essay, submitting, will be on at 10pm

Kenny_McCormic
09-28-2007, 06:11 PM
eh, I've never been a big Halo fan. Most of the time the more hype there is about something, the less likely I am to buy into it, with most things at least. I saw line at the game stores last night and heard that the release anticipation made Microsoft's stock go up 3%.
QFT

Tyler_ACS
09-29-2007, 08:10 AM
I thought it was the most dissapointing game Ive ever played. Ive followed the series and like it for the most part but the ending was horrible. I beat it on legandary and normal and it was just pathetic, I expected alot more from the series that is supposed to be the best ever....very sad

DFSniper
09-29-2007, 10:30 AM
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

no game or game system is worth that much. the only exception is if he waits in line for the release, buys the store, then sells everything on ebay for massive profits. ($20,000 PS3's anybody?)

yeah, we all made fun of him about it. it turned out that he bought the Halo 3 edition.

as for the game, i wasnt that impressed. its just like the first two, with a few new weapons and way better graphics. the story line doesnt make sense if you havent beaten 2, and the running/jumping still sucks. its still more moon gravity/slow motion than anything... (i know that you're a genetically engineered soldier or an alien, but jumping a span of 20ft over a period of 5 seconds is a little slow!) and they really cut down on armor effectiveness. on the up side, the detailing is awesome, and the outdoor lighting is amazing. Forge is fun, and it makes for a potentially good pick-up game if you want to waste a few hours. i'd rather play Resistance co-op than H3 though. more unique weapons, more strategy-based, faster paced, and a unique storyline makes it a little more refreshing.

DFSniper
09-29-2007, 10:32 AM

lol, we watched that twice, because we killed the guy half way through the conversation the first time. my friend was like "Hey! that sounds like Church!"

timmyshoota
09-29-2007, 02:22 PM
KUSA/SOC game today?

codymm1014
09-29-2007, 03:48 PM
Im in if there is one.

Charfizcool
09-29-2007, 05:20 PM
lol beating Halo3 was more of a "job" for me I got bored at like level 3 :| me and my friend beat it in one sitting and I give the campaign(sp?) a 7/10. But online play is awsome I give it 10/10!!! if you don't have live then get it it makes Halo wayyy better.

Charfizcool
09-29-2007, 05:21 PM
KUSA/SOC game today?

I'm in gamertag is Charfizcool send me an invite if you do make a game please:)

durrell
09-29-2007, 06:26 PM
I'll probably get on for like an hour or so around 10:30-11. I'm gonna knock some homework out before I play. Everyone try and get on so we can have a decent sized game.

HelpDeskHustler
09-29-2007, 09:58 PM
wow halo 3 lan party... 10am - 11:30 pm
amazing. I'll see if i can get pics of the damage.... also i have teh vids of durrell and his bud getting double killed with plasma pistol, battle rifle.

legendary sucks for meta game btw.

heroic
thunderstorm skull (gives a field promotion to all baddies)
mythic skull (2x health for baddies)
famine (50% ammo in pickups)
tilt (makes different species resistant to different guns, eg brutes take no damage from human until armor is broken, hunters only take low speed human damage or chemical based grenade)
fog (no radar)
tough luck (enemies saving throws are really good)

those skulls make it feel more realistic, but playing it on legendary with those could end you...

when meta game gets slower...

grunt birthday party (for fun, grunt's head explodes with confetti when head shot achieved, children scream "yay!"... hilarious)
i would have been your daddy (makes dialog more interesting)

Nader
09-30-2007, 04:50 AM
favorite line:
Cortana - "Keep your head down, there's two of us in here now." :D

HelpDeskHustler
09-30-2007, 07:10 AM
favorite line:
Cortana - "Keep your head down, there's two of us in here now." :D

I'm pretty sure that's a double reference to F.O.R when they test the mark v shields and to the pillar of autumn in Halo: combat evolved, whenever you start taking too much damage.

Paintballadict18
09-30-2007, 11:30 AM
i miss Echo-419
"someone call in a warthhog?" i didnt know u made house calls warhammer "you know our motto, We deliva"

lawlz

TheRedBarron
10-07-2007, 10:23 PM
well I had it preordered got it the day it came out around noon, hadn't touched it since, tossed it in today and have been working my way through, seems pretty good so far, some really intense battle scenes. :up:

Nader
10-08-2007, 01:41 AM
I'm pretty sure that's a double reference to F.O.R when they test the mark v shields and to the pillar of autumn in Halo: combat evolved, whenever you start taking too much damage.

The reference I got was from playing Halo:CE
Not sure on the more obscure one about testing.

Paintballadict18
11-02-2007, 10:49 PM
i finallly got my elite on halloween and just beat it right now

Hossy
11-03-2007, 08:32 AM
Paintballadict18 do you have a gamertag?

Last night me and Durrell played, in about 4 games he leveled up 7 levels
wtf m8

Paintballadict18
11-03-2007, 01:22 PM
not yet

Victa_Balla
11-11-2007, 04:07 PM
Tag: paintballa265

Don't ask where I've been, I know not myself.

WhatThaSmurf
11-11-2007, 04:12 PM
gamertag: IrishRebelA07, but my gold is expired and I'm too short on $$$ to renew

HelpDeskHustler
11-11-2007, 07:06 PM
claus9, i just made a kick*** zombie mod that everyone will love

twiztidjuggalo
11-12-2007, 08:17 AM
KILLAxxJAYxx im on pretty much everyday love to play with anybody this game rules just send me a request ill set sumthin up when i get on

Hoppy11
11-12-2007, 11:50 AM
I don't have a 360 or Halo 3, but im addicted lol. I go over to my buddies room like everyday to play for awhile. If I had the money I would def go buy a 360 and Halo 3 lol.

durrell
11-12-2007, 12:11 PM
I don't have a 360 or Halo 3, but im addicted lol. I go over to my buddies room like everyday to play for awhile. If I had the money I would def go buy a 360 and Halo 3 lol.

Christmas? :D

Hoppy11
11-12-2007, 02:15 PM
Week long snowmobile trip. Already got my dad to agree to it lol.