PDA

View Full Version : MR1 Stock bolt

chilipepper5194
09-24-2007, 08:59 AM
Does Everyone know that the stock bolt is delrin? It just seems strange that everyone talks about upgrading bolts to delrin, but you've already got it stock! Why would want to pay $30 for another delrin bolt? But even if you get an anti-chop bolt, it's not going to change your performance that much (unless you're prone to chops). I just thought this was odd. Does anyone know what the stock striker is made of?

chilipepper5194
09-26-2007, 02:00 PM
Anyone? Anyone?!

Nuwisha
09-29-2007, 08:01 AM
Are you talking about an MR1 or an EMR1, 'cause they have different bolts.
Or, at least they used to.

The Mr1 has(d) an aluminum bolt, two oring. Efficient but heavy.
The Mr2 comes with a delrin Anti Chop Bolt....doesn't chop balls, but no o-rings and less efficient
The Mr3 and Emr1 have a delrin, non ACS bolt without orings....

If you have one of the aluminum bolts, they shoot nicer but can't shoot as fast (heavier parts have more inertia).

Personally I like the Alamo City bolts. They're lighter than the aluminum but have the efficiency because they have the orings(mind you i did grind out the slot for the ball detent more than they did, so that it doesn't touch the rubber at all).

So yeah, some mr1's have aluminum, some have delrin.

edit: the stock striker is hardend steel. I didn't have any luck with the one from alamo city which was steel wraped in delrin.

chilipepper5194
09-29-2007, 01:38 PM
Maybe the older MR1 models came with an aluminum bolt stock, but on Kingman's website they say that the current MR1 comes with a "quick strip delrin bolt." Yeah, since the striker isn't delrin I'd like to find a good aftermarket that fits the MR1. I recently bought a used Imagine and plan to switch trigger frames, it's gonna be sweet!

paintballkid0206
09-29-2007, 01:54 PM
i think mine is delrin. it's a light grey, not white like the delrin bolt in my pilot acs. it's not all that heavy, tho.

Fantom
09-29-2007, 02:04 PM
Maybe the older MR1 models came with an aluminum bolt stock, but on Kingman's website they say that the current MR1 comes with a "quick strip delrin bolt." Yeah, since the striker isn't delrin I'd like to find a good aftermarket that fits the MR1. I recently bought a used Imagine and plan to switch trigger frames, it's gonna be sweet!

I got the Imagine ($50.00) and used the e-frame on my MR1. It fits it like a glove and shoots great.