PDA

View Full Version : spyder shutter unlisted part name

Panik409
09-23-2007, 06:14 PM
There is a tiny spring underneath the safety button on the spyder shutter. Does anyone know the name of this part or a place where I can buy a new spring of this size? I checked the manual and it appears the part isn't listed because I shouldn't be able to take it out but the safety button popped out and I noticed the spring is bad underneath it. Anyone have any suggestions?

shunut
09-24-2007, 05:21 AM
Its the trigger return spring. Try your local hardware store for a new one.

aodsnyper
09-24-2007, 02:27 PM
sry shu, he's talking about the spring that holds the ball bearing up that stops the safety from moving through the frame. that thing is super tiny! i don't know where you can get one right off hand, but if you give me a night i'll see if i can't come up with one for you!

justin

shunut
09-24-2007, 04:19 PM
Don't be sorry, I'm the one who didn't understand, glad someone else did and could help him.

I'd give you the one off mine because I don't use it, but my Shutter was my first marker and I can't part anything from it. Try calling Kingman they may be able to help.

aodsnyper
09-24-2007, 06:55 PM
Panik, do you still have the ball bearing? if you do not, the spring and safety for that matter, are worthless.

Justin

Panik409
09-24-2007, 07:39 PM
Well I do not know of a ball bearing ever being in there. I'm sure i'm wrong though because that would make more sense. I'm assuming it's a tiny steel ball that would sit on top of the spring and underneath the safety.

Hazzah!! I just went and looked on the floor where the safety had popped out and I found it. so lucky. So yes I do have it. So you guys think maybe the hardware store might have a spring that small? I still have the original one but it's all bent out of shape.

shunut
09-24-2007, 08:06 PM
You can try a hardware store. I know the True Value by me has hundreds of springs.

aodsnyper
09-25-2007, 09:26 AM
how fortunate you found the ball bearing! the hardware store might, i'm still checking around to see if i can find one for you. i'll let you know tonight.

justin

aodsnyper
09-25-2007, 09:44 AM
good news Panik! i found some that are the same diameter. they are a little softer, but they are also about twice as long so you can cut them to whatever length works best. PM me your address and i'll send them to you.

justin