PDA

View Full Version : on the verge of blowing my spyder up...

Tonee
02-07-2006, 11:12 AM
when i shoot it slowly it works... whenver I start shooting fast it just burps n burps n burps n burps and never re-cocks EVER untill I strip it put it back together then it's the same thing over and over...

Does it just need lubing? (have too say I haven't done it in a while)

big_daddy_d
02-07-2006, 11:14 AM
Velocity turned down too low? Battery completely charged? Tank full? You could be capping out the board as well...

Tonee
02-07-2006, 11:15 AM
Velocity turned down too low?

actually yeh it is rather low, gonna adjust that (adjusted same thing happened)

Battery completely charged?

half charged I'd say

Tank full?

yep

You could be capping out the board as well... <----? got me there

gailon24
02-07-2006, 11:31 AM
Try putting a drop of oil ("paintball" oil preferably) or two on your striker o-ring and rubbing it around the striker, then reassemble. Could be your striker's getting stuck in the blowback and not letting it get pushed all the way back. I speak from experience =D

For that matter, check all your o-rings (namely the valve o-rings) and the cup seal too and make sure none are worn out

Tonee
02-07-2006, 12:40 PM
ok cheers- can't find my oil so am gonna have too order some, hope this sorts it out : |

gailon24
02-07-2006, 01:03 PM
A local pb store should have some for just a couple bucks. Or maybe even walmart

ooglieboogliebob
02-07-2006, 07:14 PM
.. you should always oil it after every use for best performance.. just drop a few drops down the asa but then you have to lube your bolt and striker... and your board is capped to a certain amount of BPS ...

bigred76
02-08-2006, 07:52 AM
Before you blow it up ship me the body. ;) I could use one of those. :P

I do what Bob sugested if I don't have enough time to strip the marker down and lube it properly. It should work fine in your situation, but as you said that you haven't cleaned it in a while, I highly reccommend stripping and cleaning it. Remember: your marker is only as good as you care for it, and if you don't give it what it needs (a good, thorough cleaning after a day of heavy play), it's performance will degrade.

covert24
02-08-2006, 08:32 AM
yup the lubing throgh the ASA is only temporary and will bring all the debris and stuff together inside ur gun. id totally strip the gun odwn to the body, even the valve pin. soak the body in some warm water and soem hand soap. dotn scrub it just let it sit. then dry with a hand towel or paper towels and take out all the elctronics and clean everything out.

Tonee
02-08-2006, 08:38 AM
Got some oil on order... I was bored... soo I looked at my striker... I put it in and out of the hole it goes in... I felt resistance... I said what the hey... changed the o ring and it is working again :D woohoo!!!

Sorry bigred76 I'll be keeping it now ;)

Tonee
02-08-2006, 09:11 AM
yep deffo works... just shoot a hopper full in my garage... nice pretty re-decorating...

gailon24
02-08-2006, 09:30 AM
Don't forget to reoil the new oring, too

audi
02-08-2006, 11:30 AM
strech out your spring to