PDA

View Full Version : Modified MR3 Shroud

NoSkillzAZ
09-23-2007, 02:30 PM
Just curious if anyone knows if there is a modified MR3 shroud sold out there to allow use of any spyder threaded barrel?

I know, I went ahead and removed the shroud the other day so that I could use my freak barrel, marker shot great, although I ended up having to clip the spring due to the increased velocity, and the fact that I'm using the Trinity collapsible stock kit w/ springs, so there is no tension adjustment.

Anyways, the problem when removing the shroud, is the Fore Grip Handle then is only attached by one screw. I was thinking about just cutting off half of the shroud so that I could still have the shroud attached to the Resevoir Adapter Plug, and then the Fore grip could be attached by two screws. Mainly the reason for this is only to keep paint out from inside the fore grip, and to make sure its held on there securely. The way you normally hold the marker, and the placement of the screw with the fore grip doesn't seem to be too much of a problem since they are right next to each other, and you aren't normally pulling down and torquing it like crazy.

usn/nuke
10-01-2007, 04:03 AM
none that I know of I've heard that some one took the freak back to a machine shop and had it turned to the point were it would fit in the shroud

NoSkillzAZ
10-01-2007, 06:29 AM
Yeah, I was looking at my back, and I'd be worried about having it turned and being too thin.. Seems thin as it is to me.. plus with the slots on it, so you can see the insert.. I just don't know... Right now I'm running around without the front shroud on... and waiting for a price of the shroud so I can see if I want to buy another one before I go hacking at it.

usn/nuke
10-03-2007, 03:57 PM
it would probably be cheaper to have your back turned and if its to thin its only about 20 bucks for a new back