PDA

View Full Version : Goin Shoppin'!

paintballkid0206
09-23-2007, 01:55 PM
Ok, i'm goin shoopin for upgrades for my blue pilot acs 05 (soon). looking for good upgrades. any suggestions? here are some things that i would like to upgrade (in order of priority 1 being most important)

1. Feedneck
2. Reg (looking at a Torpedo and i dont know what kind of VA to get)
3. velocity adjuster
4. grips
5. barrel
6. detents
7. asa with On/Off

If anyone has any suggestions i would appreciate them. I am looking at preformance as well as looks. thanx in advance!

PS. I will consider offers for used items

pb34
09-23-2007, 05:44 PM
Ok, i'm goin shoopin for upgrades for my blue pilot acs 05 (soon). looking for good upgrades. any suggestions? here are some things that i would like to upgrade (in order of priority 1 being most important)

1. FeedneckCCM, NDZ, Trinity
2. Reg (looking at a Torpedo and i dont know what kind of VA to get)I would wait on a reg unless your planning to go low pressure.
3. velocity adjusterAs far as I know there are no aftermarket Velocity Adjusters.
4. gripsDye Stickies
5. barrelI would upgrade the barrel before grips.
6. detentsNew detents aren't really necessary, the Pilot ones work fine.
7. asa with On/OffCP Direct Mount On/Off

If anyone has any suggestions i would appreciate them. I am looking at preformance as well as looks. thanx in advance!

PS. I will consider offers for used items

I made a couple of suggestions and listed some different parts. Hope this helps.

Sandman_Bravo
09-24-2007, 02:40 AM
I'd get a barrel and feedneck first. As for the rest; it's optional. An ASA that is direct mount will require an adapter block or drilling on your part. I have an NDZ on my Shocker and it's awesome. It has a bleed feature to release pressure when you turn off the tank.
http://www.ndzpb.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=239&categoryID=3
My 2 cents. :)

LostCause
09-24-2007, 12:18 PM
Barrel J&J Ceraminc or a J&J S2, if you can you could get a Freak jr, Edge kit, or some other kit...
Feedneck: Up to you, just make sure it has tabs
GRips:Stickeys as mentioned above

Drop(im a fan of drops, helps me stay tighter,):CP Spyder Flame Drop then a CP ASA On.OFF

paintballkid0206
09-24-2007, 06:08 PM
lostcause, i already have a drop.

i was looking at srickeys and a CCM or NDZ feedneck. I saw someone on here that had a different velocity adjuster. or maybe they just modded the existing one. an ASA isnt a must, but something i would look into. i will not have money in the near future because i'm goin ballin with my gf in 2 weeks and i need money for paint.

some of the things on there are more for looks that preformance.
ex. barrel, detents, ASA.

THANKS GUYS!!

Tyler_ACS
09-29-2007, 06:59 AM
IMO

New designs clamping feedneck
Dye stickies grips
Smart Parts Freak barrel

Those were my first 3 upgrade and youll love them.

weitjosh
10-01-2007, 09:16 PM
id def get a drop for the pilot. with it being a heavier gun (in relation to high-end markers) u want to balance the weight as much as possible. i have a large size pshycoballistics drop and asa on mine. works like a charm, looks beautiful and balances the weight right at the trigger gaurd with my 68 ci tank. as for a different velocity adjuster, the stock spyder cant really get much better. id look into a shim kit or a spring kit. but ne one who owns a blowback marker should have at least one of these kits.

BloodLustAC
10-05-2007, 01:04 PM
Hate to be the one to say it, but your money is better invested in a VS2. For the cost of all those upgrades, you could nearly have an LP Spyder with Eyes.

If you insist on upgrading, though, then go for it.

paintballkid0206
10-06-2007, 06:37 PM
i decided on upgrades. gettin dye sticky's soon, and instead of a new feedneck i will use my ghetto elbow. (if you REALLY want to know, PM me). and i'm not gonna get a new semi anytime soon. in the spring when i get a job, i might get a phantom.

ethanp123
10-13-2007, 05:55 PM
dude...i might sound like a retard...but instead of buying at those ups (probably worth a lot), get an ion..i mean like...i dont want to sound to those biased losers that post "get an ion" everywhere...but i learned the hard way, that buying ups for a gun like the pilot really wont make much of a difference.....

Saved up 3 years for a Smart Parts, and I still miss my Pilot (sold it)..but dude...think about wut ur doing...thats A LOT of ups..

paintballkid0206
10-14-2007, 08:21 AM
the only upgrade i will get will be some grips. i will get a phantom in the spring.

Suade907
10-29-2007, 01:02 PM
I bought a J&J 14" barrel for like 30 clams on Ebay and it's much better than the stocker. Although the stocker to me wasn't to shabby.

LostCause
10-29-2007, 02:37 PM
im personaly saving for a pmr with ul....hopefully lol

paintballkid0206
10-29-2007, 04:05 PM
that's what i was thinking about gettin, after i get a hammer

The Pumper
10-29-2007, 04:39 PM
do you change your mind about guns more than you change your underwear?

Seems it.

LostCause
10-30-2007, 03:41 PM
who me?

if yes, just because source of income fluceates lol....

paintballkid0206
10-30-2007, 05:21 PM
do you change your mind about guns more than you change your underwear?

Seems it.

yea i do, thank you very much. i'm a very indecisive person

ethanp123
11-20-2007, 01:33 PM
GUYS! BRAND NEW OPTION OUT THERE!

PROTO SLG IS STARTING AT 250$....its wayyyyy worth it

xsvly-fat
11-20-2007, 02:15 PM
old tread....

ethanp123
11-20-2007, 05:14 PM
yo xcsvly-fat

put down the computer, get up off the couch, take ur spoon out of the lard....and go do some exercise......OTHER than pb

tater_salad
11-21-2007, 01:35 PM
yo xcsvly-fat

put down the computer, get up off the couch, take ur spoon out of the lard....and go do some exercise......OTHER than pb

Better hope teh SUPER MODS don't see that flame.

TOO LATE!!! jjr