PDA

View Full Version : Why do you play?

shunut
09-20-2007, 03:41 PM
I'm not sure if we have ever had a thread like this on this site, if we did I don't remember it. I saw a similar thread on another site so I'd like to know why the people on this forum play.

So, why do you play paintball? Please refrain from posting stuff like, "Because its fun", and thats it.

I began to play because it looked fun and I wanted to try it. The first game I played was pump at the old Challenge Park in Illinois and I was horrible. I think I was scared of getting hit. I came home that day with many bruises, 2 about the size of a CD. At the end of the day, however, I was getting more into it and was hooked. As I played more and more I was surprised at everything that paintball did for me. It was always a great stress reliever. Anytime I went to the field, no matter how horrible my day was, everything went away and all I thought about was the game. I'm an adrenaline junky and up until the last game I played, I always got a rush stepping onto the field. Health wise, it also played a big roll. I always like playing front, so running was something I did a lot on the filed. The physical activity from playing actually helped keep me healthy. I can't wait to get new lungs so I can play again. Paintball is definitely going to be part of my rehab, even though the doctors say I shouldn't play.

LostCause
09-20-2007, 04:16 PM
For me its a way to hang out with my firends, just goof off while we wait and have a freat time. Have many fond memories of playing with my friends...most are painfull :D lol. THat and i apparntly (this is what my friends tell me) have anger issues...so this helps gets rid of some stress

oh and i love the adrenlin rush.....

oldironmudder
09-20-2007, 04:43 PM
I started out going to a friend b-day party & playing there in Memphis a couple times. Then about a year later I moved in with my mom & started running with a few guys that played & everything just happened.

I mainly do it for the rush, nothing like it.

big_daddy_d
09-20-2007, 04:59 PM
For me it is great stress relief after work all week. It's the one day out of the week when I don't have to worry about who has pissed me off that week or whatever, plus it gets me out of my wifes hair as I tend to annoy the crap outta her when i'm home :D

jbtoronto
09-20-2007, 05:23 PM
First time I went..I was really excited I shot like 10,000 p-balls- jk -anyways it went well didn't care who lost or won but...the last 10 minutes of the rental day REF told us to go into a speedball field and just play till you run out of air/ball or give up...so anyway we went in like 10 of us split up 5 vs 5 my team went in and got covered...then like 10 other people walked in and it was HELL we got smashed!! and i got hit like 7 times super close range (5 or 6 feet) so: WHY DO I PLAY? I told myself NEXT TIME I come I'll bring my own gun and so I came back with my MR2 and have been playing since then....and it just feels soo good to eliminate people...run...hide...develop successful tactics...winning...team work taking out a whole team! it's just awesome!!! woodsball all the way!

PRoBoxer18
09-20-2007, 05:58 PM
For me I love the adrenaline rush. I love sitting there with friends and just hanging out. And heck I'll admit it it's fun shooting people (with paintballs).

Paintballadict18
09-20-2007, 06:08 PM
i got into it in march of 2005 when my best buddy told me about it and a couple weeks later my dad picked me up from school and while we were driving he said u thirsty i said yea so we went to jack in the crack to buy a soda and while in the drive threw he said i have a suprise for u and i said what and he said just wait so we continue driving and we end up at maximum paintball (local shop) and i was thinking omg! then we went in and he rented two guns (98 customs...the usual goods) then i said ur playing too? and he said nah this one is for noah (my 1st cousin practically my brother) so yea the next day comes i had so much fun i got hurt and loved it and thats when i got the hickie on my neck :P so after that i loved the sport then for my birthday in 2005 my dad got me my first gun my spyder rodeo camo it was a great gun but its now retired to my dad while i got a VS3 but yea thats my story. i love the adrenaline the stress relive and just hangin with my family and shootin up peeps

Maxx-Damage
09-20-2007, 06:59 PM
hmm, never thought of this.

One of the reasons i started is because my bro played, and had awesome stories about playing. So naturally little bro wants to play. After 2 long yrs of waiting to get my first own pb gun(last yr, which was my MR2) then this yr i excelled in my "skills". A couple other reasons is 1/4 of my school does it, i love the adrenaline i get(more than mountain biking sometimes), a chance for me to be a part of a funtional team, and i needed a "sport" to do. Its either pb, or video games/ rc/ girlfriend with unessasry drama/ or couch tater. GIVE ME PAINTBALL!

O and cause its fun...

3> Paintball

SupaSnipa
09-20-2007, 07:40 PM
I first started playing going over to a friends house when i was 10 (5 years ago) and I reallybegan to like it so I played it continually when I went over there and then I bought my first gun from him. Which was my Compact 2in1. It is as big daddy d said a stress reliever, and I abosoulutally L.O.V.E. the adrenaline I get from playing. I got alot of my friends into it and eventually sold my gun to one of them when they started liking it. Back when I started I played strictly woodsball, I thought speedbal was pretty stupid but then I started trying it and now I REALLY REALLY Love it! Well I guess thats about it oh and sorry shunut but its quite obvious...

....BECAUSE ITS FUN!!!!

Theheroguy
09-20-2007, 07:48 PM
to rape nub and kill fools..... :dodgy: (im sorry now vike)

I play so that I have another thing to do with my friends when we are bored or can't plan anything else for the day really

VS3 Sniper
09-20-2007, 08:47 PM
I first played at a big woodsball event with 400+ people with a friend, his dad, and my brother. At first I was so afraid to get hit, but after the first hit it wasn't so bad. aIter a full day of play I came home and all I could think about was the day of hiding and poping out on ppl, how many people I had shot, how many times I had gotten shot,and when I could play again. When I got the chance to play speedball for the first time it was like all the feelings of playing woodsball for the first time rushed back to me.

For me its a stress relief, a rush, a way to enjoy the great outdoors, a way to escape from the city life, a way to hang out with my friends, a way to meet new people, but most of all to have fun and enjoy life.

NeedForSpeed
09-20-2007, 09:02 PM
Starting playing with my friends in the woods with my brand new AMG. That summer I got hooked and havn't regreted any of it. Only wish I had some money from time to time.
I play because of the adrenaline rush and I like to win. I won't cheat but winning and beating the oppenent with strategy and quick skill is the greatest feeling. I think the strategy part of paintball really keeps me in it. If it was just run and shoot the adrenaline rush wouldn't be enough although I'm quite addicted to it.
I also like to buy and sell markers and play around with them. Not much of an upgrader but new markers are GREAT.

calebh
09-20-2007, 09:37 PM
the stories afterwards. the rush is incredible, but short lived. the pain (yes, i love the sting of paint, and the soreness after a really long, hard day of play) is short lived. but me and my friends still tell stories from the first days of play 4 years ago. nobody remembers who won or lost the game, but we all remember the time i steamrolled a bunker and somehow didn't get painted, or my friend slid under one and got stuck. the time my friends little sister saved the day, or when their dad surrendered 3 people with no paint. the first time i tried camouflage, and was completely invisible, except for my clear hopper filled with pink paint. or my friend's jb-welded feedneck that always broke. the most random scenario with about 40 people on 100 acres in the middle of nowhere. how my first elimination ever was friendly fire.

i keep editing and adding more, so i'll just say i could keep going... lol

it's all about the stories.

Oscum Guy
09-21-2007, 12:21 PM
damnit i was going to post "because its fun" in that exact form!

bigred76
09-21-2007, 02:12 PM
to rape nub and kill fools..... :dodgy: (im sorry now vike)
QFT, murder them nubes! :dodgy:

Nah, really, I've always loved "extreme sports." First time on an ATV hooked me to them. Adrenaline keeps the world going around and me sane when everything else is just pressing down on me. Paintball was simply the next step. Got off the airsoft fad and was looking for something better, and my brother just happened to have just bought a Victor1. I asked him about it, and we went out to the local outlaw field and he let me shoot it. I just loved it! I bought myself an M98 PowerPack for cheap ($65, was a lot to me then), and started playing with him at the creek. I got my ass handed to me the first couple times, and hated losing.

I'm a "winner" personality, so I found the online world and started learning about my gun and the sport of paintball. I modified my gun and started applying strategies I had heard about online. I finally got to the point where my M98 wasn't keeping up with me, so I bought an Imagine and a faster hopper. I ended up modifying that too, because it simply couldn't keep up with my fast growth rate. Noone else could keep up at the field, either. My opponents were getting laid down as quickly as I saw them, and soon there was noone who wanted to play against me. I had hit the top. The next step was a leap, from the woods to a modern air field, and I went up with a friend to a local one and had a blast. From then, I've been working on bettering myself on the air field, and trying to perfect my form, which I've almost done. I finally have guns that can keep up with me, so my modifying has slowed down some. I still have the drive to better myself, and will not stop until I have reached a boundary that I cannot cross... I have not met that yet, and desire for it to not come soon.

TL;DR: Paintball has allowed me to use my perfectionist talent to increase my skills and my guns to match, and I simply enjoy winning.

codymm1014
09-22-2007, 07:18 AM
For me it started out as going with a friend at a birthday party with a bunch of friends in Tuscon AZ. I loved it but I was only in 5th grade. Didn't play again until I moved here to Lexington KY where another one of my friends played and had his own field in his back yard. I went twice, and loved it so much. I guess I'm an adrenaline junkie. A b That's mainly why I do it. And also because I'm extremely competitive at anything I play/do. Eventually I went to an airball field for my birthday and then got even more into it. Two years later after that. Here I am. Obsessed. Haha.

Tito=PBL
09-22-2007, 08:33 AM
the first time i played it was because i was invited by some friends. when i played i felt the adrenalin rush and from then on i have bee addicted.