PDA

View Full Version : need help estermating

bungeye
02-07-2006, 01:10 AM
hey im ordering a dop drop and i was wondering how long a SS hose i should get to make it go from my reg to the drop. i have a palmer male stablizer attached to a assault block and i have read that the DOP drop comes 5.5 inches forward and 2.5 inches down. i had my gun on a peice of paper and i made a mark where t would roughly come to. i then measured from the hose connecter on the reg. to that point and it measured 6 inches. i add 1 inch,

so do u guys thin 7 inches would be about right?

DRAGON
02-07-2006, 07:30 AM
It is normally between 6 - 7 inches but it's tough to give a solid answer. If you have a local pro shop take it there and have one fitted. If you don't, sounds like you did the right thing, go for it -

DFSniper
02-07-2006, 11:36 AM
hold on, lemme check mine. *walks into bedroom, pulls out gun from case* *walks back with gun* doh! *looks for ruler* crap... the drop is downstairs on the workbench... good thing my macro works for the drop and stock ASA. 7 inches should be enough though, i measured it at a little over 5 1/2, but i dont know how long itll be with SS fittings (should be close tho). its better to have some slack than to have it just a little too short. itll curve out more, but that wont mess anything up.

marvin-martian
02-07-2006, 11:39 AM
1 foot of macro. problem solved

DFSniper
02-07-2006, 11:41 AM
lol, yeah, and then you have just enough left over incase the first one blows!

colonel_moo
02-07-2006, 12:07 PM
yeah, if you're gonna be replacing the hose anyway, just get macro. much easier.

bungeye
02-07-2006, 01:49 PM
i dont realy trust macro aye. with ss i no its going to last longer and it wont be in the back of my head thinking that its goin to blow off/up.

nd, are all the elbows and line etc. (all gas fitting) that i order goin to be imperial (american) threads, (unless stated that they are metric)? like if i order a 90* elbow nd a 45* elbow off actionvillage will they be american threaded?

DRAGON
02-07-2006, 02:01 PM
All of the elbows and stainless lines have 1/8"npt threads unless otherwise specified. You can find the elbows at plumbing stores though I'm noe sure what standards they use where you're at -

bungeye
02-07-2006, 02:03 PM
ok thanks. nahh i dnt fink ppl n nz use imperial stuff now.