PDA

View Full Version : Not Firing on Every Pull

ThirdI
09-18-2007, 10:26 PM
I've had my Imagine for a couple years and it's worked decently enough. However, I've had a problem recently where, even if it's aired down an uncocked, the solenoid(?) does not activate on every trigger pull. I.e. I may pull the trigger 10 times and it will only actually fire 7 of those times.

Any ideas? I checked the connections to the capacitor and they look fine.

EDIT: Everything in the trigger frame and the bolt is stock. Nothing upgraded that would affect it.

TXTeague
09-19-2007, 05:25 AM
1st
Possibly time to replace the recharable battery. You are using the 9.6 Java battery, right? If you use a regular alkaline battery the Kingman boards can be very picky if they don't have the Java batteries.

2nd
Check to see if your micro switch and trigger are not making good contact.

oldironmudder
09-19-2007, 08:43 AM
First thing, a fresh battery.

With the grip off of the frame slightly push the wires down into their connectors.

If that dont work trace each wire from the board looking for bad spots. Ive seen the solder connection under the heat shrink for the noid bad before but never uncovered.

WhatThaSmurf
11-11-2007, 03:40 PM
I definitely have been having this same problem, and it is a very simple fix. All you need is a new 9.6 rechargeable battery. As the life of the battery lengthen and it has been charged so many times, the amount of power it puts out drops and it holds a charge for less time, especially if you leave it on the charger too long. And since you said you've had it for a couple years, I'm going to assume that is the problem. I got mine as soon as the "new" imagine came out, and I have killed off two batteries during my time playing with it. I am just reluctant to buy another since I don't play much any more.

You might have even solved this problem, as the previous post was from a while ago. I guess I should get on more than once every 3 months...