PDA

View Full Version : miss firing MR2 in burst and Auto

CKvBP
09-18-2007, 04:21 PM
ok pretty sure I already know the answer to this, but when I put my MR2 into full auto or burst mode I have to pull the cocking leaver all the time becasue it misfires. Unfortunatly I have a Spyder Fasta 9v hopper, its rated at 15bps. I confused this during ordering and didnt notice for a long time because I was always in semi.

Is my assumption right, that the hopper is the issue? And does anyone get away with a 9v Fasta hopper? If so how.

pb34
09-18-2007, 04:43 PM
Before I can assess the problem I have a few questions. Are you using the stock detents or have you replaced them with stiffer Timmy detents? Are you still using the ACS bolt? Have you broken it in?

slim and shady
09-18-2007, 04:43 PM
Actually i would belive your trouble would be more toward your ACS did you break it in? It sounds to me like you have a newer gun and never broke in the bolt.

chnk
09-18-2007, 05:00 PM
^good suggestions but stiff detents wouldnt matter that much when you're using a non force fed hopper, breaking the acs is a good idea

the 9v fasta is sorry, theres your problem, the 2 9v one kicks ass, but i cant say much about the 9v,
when you use burst or auto the hopper wont be able to keep up fo many reasons

- one - it says 15 bps - thats the drop test speed on a good day, feeds probably only about 8-12 bps BURST on the gun - i say burst because its not a consistent feed

- two - blowback - the 9v isnt a forcefed hopper so the blowback created from the acs bolt lack of o-rings and high pressure system will just make slower and less consistent feeding,

- three the reason why you see this in auto or burst more and because the firing is more the consisten and the hopper isnt consistent, i had the same problems using my 9v empire II

the only non force fed hopper id get would be the eggyIII, other than that get the 18v fasta, halo, velocity, etc

CKvBP
09-18-2007, 05:01 PM
Stock detents, never see double feeds, I've fired at least 5000 rounds out of the gun, ACS need more than that to break in?

chnk
09-18-2007, 05:04 PM
Stock detents, never see double feeds, I've fired at least 5000 rounds out of the gun, ACS need more than that to break in?

yea im pretty sure its broken in now

usn/nuke
09-19-2007, 10:59 AM
CO2 or compressed air

CKvBP
09-19-2007, 04:08 PM
Co2