PDA

View Full Version : What really grinds my gears...

DFSniper
09-18-2007, 01:34 PM
So, after 3 years, i finally got air in my tanks. the last time i played was early '06 (using a rental tank) and it worked fine (i think there may have been a barrel leak, but it shot fine). i got home today, aired it up, messed with the reg, got it to recock at about 300 psi on the first try, BUT, it started jackhammering after 2-3 shots. so i upped it to 450, still did the same thing. 600, 900, same thing. so i replaced EVERY internal part (one at a time) and put my spare reg on. when i screwed my tank in, i could hear it leaking through the barrel until my tank was tightened down. i put my modded stock valve in, which i knew was bad, and it leaked REALLY bad. after another complete tear down and cleaning, i put my stock valve in, aired it up, and then i could hear a definate leak through the barrel. so after wasting half a tank, i gave up.

now, i'm trying to get some backup advice so i don't waste more money: does it sound like my valve? and what would be the best valve to get on a budget (<$30 if possible)

bluedevil_07
09-18-2007, 01:45 PM
Nice post Mr. Griffin lol.

oldironmudder
09-18-2007, 01:59 PM
sounds like the sealing face on the valve. Clean it up & put an edge on it.

DFSniper
09-18-2007, 02:32 PM
tried that. it seems to have stopped the slight barrel leak, but still jackhammers

Oscum Guy
09-18-2007, 02:49 PM
worn sear?

DFSniper
09-18-2007, 02:56 PM
i hope not... ive sanded it down to make sure it still had an edge. i guess ill try my mech frame after i eat and see what happens.

Oscum Guy
09-18-2007, 03:05 PM
if you had a mech frame on it and then upgraded to the electro frame and never changed the striker, that could be the problem.

DFSniper
09-18-2007, 04:09 PM
no, its my victor frame on my imagine. well, i have good news and bad news:

the good news: im using stock internals (polished and venturi-less) and can recock @ 200psi

the bad news: i can only shoot with my mech frame. my eframe still jackhammers. i think i've narrowed it down to one of two problems:
1) my board/wiring is bad. ive recharged it a good 14+ hours, and after the first shot, the low battery light comes on. and unless i jam the wires in a certain position, my frame shuts off after the first shot. i remember hearing about problems like that before where the gun jackhammers because there's not enough battery to trip the sear correctly.
2) my sear/striker is bad, but they look to be almost in perfect condition (for being 4 years old)