PDA

View Full Version : Detent nightmare

Elfmaze
09-17-2007, 06:04 PM
OK so i have been having a problem since conception with my VS2 firing properly. at first we though it was a regulator problem and kingman went over the whole thing and sent it back.

when i got it back again, i pull the trigger and the gun wouldn't really shoot. I found out that it took A LOT of effort to push past the detents. So on with tech support we removed one of them to get the marker firing agian. works great! then when i go to play the next day, its misty out. I play the first round and the balls are just spitting out the barrel, 3-4 balls per trigger pull, and just spitting out the barrel not firing.

I'm guessing with the dry air the nigh tbefore the rubber was gripping and now with the wet it was just slipping by. What can i do to get these thing workign correctly?

DRAGON
09-17-2007, 07:46 PM
.........What can i do to get these thing workign correctly?

It's called lubrication - ;)

Elfmaze
09-17-2007, 09:34 PM
i'm starting to get that idea. why could tech support tell me that before i took out one detent and lost it :(

faithalone
09-18-2007, 03:36 AM
One thing I did was take my dremel tool and made the indentions for the ball detents a little larger. I did it on slow speed and was real careful only to take off a small amount and then went back over it with the polishing attachment to smooth it out. Works great!

Dragon...when you say lubrication do you mean the actual detents themselves?

DonF
09-19-2007, 12:53 PM
My VS2 and 3 always works - no grinding or losing detents needed. They do get torn down after every day of paintball for cleaning and oiling.

Someone posted not to gorrilla the eye covers screws as they can press too hard on the detents. I never checked it out though - I just dont go crazy tight either