PDA

View Full Version : Pilot ACS, Halo B, and lots of chopping

kirxander
09-17-2007, 03:25 PM
Hi. I have a Pilot ACS. Itís been shooting great but I had lots of gaps in shooting with a gravity fed hopper. I have a cheap electronic hopper, but it is noisy and kinda slow (it did help with shooting faster on semi than the gravity fed though).

So I upgraded to a Halo B v35. Now I chop like crazy. Switch back to gravity fed and no chops. Iím thinking it might be my detents are too weak, and Iím getting double feeding leading to breaks in the barrel.

Itís getting frustrating. Am I wrong about the detents? If Iím right, is there a way to upgrade to a stronger detent, or am I hosed?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

The Pumper
09-17-2007, 03:26 PM
Ya...sounds like detents. Just get another, better set.

09-17-2007, 03:31 PM
I doubt it's the detents.
I have the same setup except I run my halo on the lowest speed setting which is like 18~20 bps, just do that and it should solve your problems

Sandman_Bravo
09-17-2007, 07:22 PM
I had problems with my detents in the first few months I owned it. I would have multiple balls in the barrel, sometimes a ball would just roll out the barrel, and barrel breaks like crazy. I put in a set of Kila's and problem solved. I have to side with 118917 though. If it was the detents you'd have problems all the time, regardless of the hopper used.

kirxander
09-17-2007, 07:47 PM
If it was the detents you'd have problems all the time, regardless of the hopper used.

Good point. I'm gonna drop down a setting or two and see what happens. Thanks for the feedback!