PDA

View Full Version : Bad site for the sport

oldironmudder
09-16-2007, 07:01 PM
I was surfing tonight & found this not to long ago. Look here. (http://paintballhazards.com/default.htm)

The photo gallery here (http://paintballhazards.com/photo_gallery/photo_gallery.htm) shows hits of well over 300fps and/or point blank shots. Ive had a barrel only a few inchs from my arm before & shot several times in a small area & none of them were NEVER this bad.

What do yall think about it??

Paintballadict18
09-16-2007, 08:19 PM
WOW ive been hit pretty close like once and it wasnt as bad as those some of them i bet were frozen

druid
09-16-2007, 10:26 PM
WOW ive been hit pretty close like once and it wasnt as bad as those some of them i bet were frozen

No...just hot markers.

We played a big game today (Sunday) with a ton of people on our renegade field (private land) and a new kid joined us (15 yrs old) and when I said "take your marker (98C) to my chrono and lay it on the ground to be tested"...he looked at me like I had a 3rd eye planted in the middle of my forehead. Now, I don't use a Radarchron...I use a Shooting Chrony (TM) that's used for firearms. It's definitely more accurate than what field reffs use.

I picked up his marker, had him add 10 balls to the hopper and aired it up.
First shot...463 :flame:...
Second shot...452 :angry: ...
Third shot...458 :headbrick: ...

Long story short, I got it down to 290/275 (CO2 was spikey today) and he started to whine that the paint was 'moving too slow"....I looked at him, looked at the property owner (whom I work with) who just smirked and looked away...as I proceeded to tell this kid that if he ever expects his gear to make it off the property in it's currently intact form, he will abide by our rules or leave with his barrel wrapped around his scrawny, little neck...and the rest of his marker would become a suppository...

Pie-eyed at the prospect of surgery to remove said items...we didn't have an issue with him the rest of the day.

So yeah......I'd be willing to bet that it's just a cranked up marker...not a "frozen paintball" myth....

VS3 Sniper
09-16-2007, 10:29 PM
Those are some really bad hits. I ref at enemy paintball in Lodi, Ca so I am used to taking hits all the time(in fact i get hit more times reffing than I do when i'm playing). I have been shot in the neck from only a few feet away and it didn't even look as bad as those. Those ppl must have been shooting way over the limit.

Nenkitsune
09-16-2007, 11:41 PM
that's one thing that annoyed me. the guy says he played paintball, but is all pissed off that the "pro" players murder the new kids, saying that they rip 20-30 bps on the kids with little more protection than their mask, and that the "loose fitting" jerseys are supposed to have armor underneath, but the kids playing can't afford it (uhh no.)

he was also pissed off that there's some "conspiracy" to not tell parents that their children should wear a cup or breast plate, furthering his "proof" that tourney style paintball is trying to abuse their children, or some wack **** like that.

I got hit in the neck from 8 feet away from a gun shooting 276, right above the adams apple. it didn't hurt, left a small red mark, that was it. I shot my friend in the gut at 300 from 4 feet away, slight red ring welt, nothing serious. shot a 12 year old kid in the back of the head from 15 feet away (after i fixed the consistancy problem, running 280) kid said "OW! I'm out!!" he was fine. He actually won a game for me once cause he was so short ^^

Sandman_Bravo
09-17-2007, 02:47 AM
I'm going to pass this along to another forum, we need to keep abreast of people like this who are detrimental to our sport.

SupaSnipa
09-17-2007, 03:09 AM
wow this is stupid and utterly retarded id like to give them a kick in the :nutkick:

HelpDeskHustler
09-17-2007, 03:14 AM
wow this guy highlights, underlines, italics, bolds and colors more than druid. It's stupid... but a lot of people are stupid. I'm unmoved and unconcerned for my own safety or what others will think of a rant website. This site poses no threat and actually does something good for the sport, keeps the idiots who believe this out of the sport so that they don't do something idiotic with the sport.

Oscum Guy
09-17-2007, 07:11 AM
wow that guys ghey.

http://paintballhazards.com/images/autococker.gif i lold
http://paintballhazards.com/Mayday-Report/images/image102.gif
an automag w/ a halo.

Tito=PBL
09-17-2007, 07:59 AM
some people buise easier than others. like my brother he bruises really easy. he gets 6" buises from a shot fired 50 feet away. were i get a little bruse from point black. but some of those pics look like make up.

Oscum Guy
09-17-2007, 08:16 AM
yeah like people with banana skin. lol

tater_salad
09-17-2007, 12:18 PM
I got hit in the neck from 8 feet away from a gun shooting 276, right above the adams apple.

I got shot in the throat at a scenario in Febuary and was coughing up blood for 15-20 minutes.

WOOOOO 1,000th post!

DFSniper
09-17-2007, 12:23 PM
i hate extremists like that. and yeah, those were most likely more hot guns than frozen balls.

09-17-2007, 12:24 PM
wow this guy highlights, underlines, italics, bolds and colors more than druid.

sig'd

08Lud08
09-17-2007, 12:50 PM
I got shot in the neck from 5 feet away and only got a little bruise. those shots are probably way over 400 fps.

Kenny_McCormic
09-17-2007, 01:07 PM
So they claim that high rof hurts people and then show pictures of shots taken with very very hot shooting guns?

DFSniper
09-17-2007, 01:25 PM
So they claim that high rof hurts people and then show pictures of shots taken with very very hot shooting guns?

something you would expect the mass media or politicians to do...

applesauce
09-17-2007, 01:38 PM
ive had far worse injuries playing hockey, riding my bike, playing with turtles (long story) and sooo many other things. paint ball IMO is the safest of the physical activities I participate in. I bet that guys kids get the crap kicked out of them on a daily basis!

SupaSnipa
09-17-2007, 02:31 PM
ive had far worse injuries playing hockey
Same here

Dang I dont think there is a place for comments

EDIT: Well I think I might write to these guys and tell them what jackoffs they are and make them see our side of the story

vwjimmy
09-17-2007, 03:06 PM
This poor guy is one of those fellows who bought his child a marker, never read the instructions, dropped him off at a field, and was shocked when even though he had a great time...he had a few welts.
I am an old guy, and I get welts that look pretty bad usually...but I never approached a field until myself and my boys were educated and equpted. Futhermore, I have never seen anyone puropsly light up a little one...EVER.
Put the kid on a skateboard on a hill and see what kind of injuries he walks back up with....must be a conspiracy in that industry too.....

Elfmaze
09-17-2007, 04:57 PM
If you guys think that hard hits don't exist you're just being ignorant. I have taken many Hits that left weeping welts in my years. in fact i got one last nigh in a speeball game when i rounded a bunker into the guys barrel. it weeped for a few hours. I have also taken hits to the skull that took me out for a few hours with a headache. and shots to the neck that have left me unable to breath for a few minuits.

There are hard hits out there. BUT i have also broken collar bones downhill biking. Dislocated sholders wakeboarding. and even gotten concussions surfing. Each sport has risks. Paintballs risks involve non natural problems. gun cronoing is always requested but seldom enforced. And there are people out there that straight up want to hurt people by shooting them hot. i've never had a rock roll out in front of my just to cause me pain.

Yes the guy is a bit out in left field BUT paintball does need its police or it could get nasty reputations. There are some real jerk players out there that can cause some serious injuries in this game.

Maxx-Damage
09-17-2007, 05:36 PM
I have amny comments, but seeing how everybody said them already. Except, wtf is in this guys anus? "Pro" players are more than likly just some 12yr old with a angel. They have the protection plates/armor. Its common sence to wear more than just a white t-shirt and shorts(im guilty...and it was cold). Maybe he should show what bird shot does to a torso...

druid
09-17-2007, 08:42 PM
wow this guy highlights, underlines, italics, bolds and colors more than druid.

I find that a bit condescending. I only do that to show importance...which isn't all that often...or at least, not as often as you imply

an automag w/ a halo.

An E Mag with a Halo...and depending on what board is in it/settings of that board...it will definately NEED the Halo to keep up...

bigred76
09-17-2007, 09:50 PM
Hahaha, I love how you prove Claus's point right after trying to correct him. 1 point to Claus!

The guy is obviously one of those arrogant, self-centered, overbearing, absolutely insane, ****ing retarded, "safe freaks." Why do we have plastic playgrounds or tanbark in them? People like this *bleep*. Why can children no longer play dodge ball? People like this *bleep*. The list is long of the many changes that have occurred in America as part of this "safe" movement. Many are absolutely ****ing retarded in my opinion, but a rare few have credit. This -- I hesitate to call him even a male -- is part of the former category.

druid
09-17-2007, 10:04 PM
I could always declare a font color war on Claus........-.-

bamf-hacker
09-18-2007, 04:35 AM
Just an FYI if there is a font color war I will ban all those involved :)

and a second fyi

Yearly Injuries Per 1,000 Sport Participants
Paintball---------------0.30
Bowling----------------0.60
Tennis-----------------1.10
Swimming--------------1.13
Golf--------------------1.14
Skiing (Water)----------2.11
Skiing (Snow)-----------3.67
Volleyball---------------4.62
Gymnastics-------------7.21
Soccer-----------------11.21
Hockey-----------------12.49
Rugby------------------23.12
Football----------------27.50
Baseball----------------27.65
Wrestling---------------28.44
Lacrosse---------------221.89

Data pulled from our beloved Otters site

Paintballadict18
09-18-2007, 03:55 PM
i got hit in the neck with a golf ball right when the guy tee'd off

timmyshoota
09-18-2007, 04:07 PM
An E Mag with a Halo...and depending on what board is in it/settings of that board...it will definately NEED the Halo to keep up...

That's an X Mag.

:D

Elfmaze
09-18-2007, 04:10 PM
define injuries? people smash knees, get welts, get cuts and scrapes. I have been injured ALOT more in paintball than bowling. Don't know where otter got his numbers.

off topic: has otter been around lately?

timmyshoota
09-18-2007, 04:13 PM
define injuries? people smash knees, get welts, get cuts and scrapes. I have been injured ALOT more in paintball than bowling. Don't know where otter got his numbers.

I've never been injured playing paintball, yet I get injured bowling. Doesn't help that I bowl 3 times a week, and only play paintball once a week.

Kenny_McCormic
09-18-2007, 04:17 PM
no he has posted 3 times since i joined

STRIKEFIRST
09-18-2007, 04:19 PM
Obviously his honor student isn't quit the little man he thought he'd be and probably started to cry.

I'm sorry but these people make me sick.

My best friend in high school ended up being one of those whiners...I played full contact football since 3rd grade...he doesn't play till his junior year goes two weeks of two a days and quits because his cup chaffed him.

I played Paintball since 1990 I believe ninth grade I believe...I go buy a new Taso Vindicator he buys a taso Spartan...he gets familar with the gun and a couple weeks later we go to Hell Survivors...He never plays again...after all...it left small welts!

And everytime his momma was there to bad mouth the sport he just quit, dry his eyes, start a campaign against the sport and give him a cookie and a bottle.

Bah!

You know what's wrong with America today? The wussification of our youth! Who spawn children and wuss them up worse than they are and the cycle keeps on repeating...

Wuss, Big wuss, bigger wuss, cry baby wuss, cry baby on the nipple wuss, hold my hand to go to the bathroom because I won't spit the nipple out wuss and the ever impressive take your cousin to prom because she understands why your mouth has permenately grown into that sucking looking pie hole and she'll let you pop her nipple in your mouth while you're away from your mothers nipple WUSS!!!!!

DFSniper
09-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Don't know where otter got his numbers.

1) APG put out statistics a while back, i'll have to dig it up. but the "average" paintball player will get 1 serious injury every 500 years.

2) good question...

Paintballadict18
09-18-2007, 04:38 PM
And everytime his momma was there to bad mouth the sport he just quit, dry his eyes, start a campaign against the sport and give him a cookie and a bottle.

mmmm cookies....
i know some one like that its annoying, and he's a pathological liar i think, he says hes on a team and a couple weeks ago he was going to play a "mini" tourny and i said cool can i come watch and he said oh its in oakhurst which is like 50 miles from here, and he says his gun sucks so i said buy an ACS (your going to laugh at this) and he said I DONT HAVE $400!!! DOLLARS, i tired so hard not to laugh but yea he lies and crys also (bare with me people im almost done) he said he got welts from that game but there all in places that u cant see them... so i says well were are they and he ignores me and changes the subject so yea...

Oscum Guy
09-18-2007, 05:20 PM
Wuss, Big wuss, bigger wuss, cry baby wuss, cry baby on the nipple wuss, hold my hand to go to the bathroom because I won't spit the nipple out wuss and the ever impressive take your cousin to prom because she understands why your mouth has permenately grown into that sucking looking pie hole and she'll let you pop her nipple in your mouth while you're away from your mothers nipple WUSS!!!!!
wtf... i do agree tho, wussification=bad, its the parents fault tho, not the kid.

08Lud08
09-18-2007, 07:00 PM
You know what's wrong with America today? The wussification of our youth! Who spawn children and wuss them up worse than they are and the cycle keeps on repeating...

I think its funny how some kids are babies like that. The most painful things that happened to me were I got a master lock thrown at my forehead, ate it going off a ramp with a bmx bixe and got knocked out for a minute. the worst injury was breaking my elbow, it didn't even hurt that much because I waited 3 days before going to the hospital.

getting hit by paintballs are like getting flicked hard. if you have to complain about paintball hurting you must be either 5 years old or big baby.

Maj_Paint
09-19-2007, 07:57 AM
OMG, what the **** is this guy's problem. Mind you I only got like 10 pages into his report before I stopped. Cups and armor, he says that no one ever told him that it was a good idea to wear one. Is it me or does anyone else think that this is common sense. Granted I don't wear either, personal choice. I mean you have marble sized balls flying through the air at 300 fps give or take. Shouldn't that fall into our natural instincts to protect ourselves from bodily harm? I think this guy is just a pretentious a*****e, trying to make his mark on society by giving this sport a bad name. As the saftey instuctor at my local field I warn everybody that they might want to invest in a cup. Of course no one has gotten one yet. That's the risk that they take.

I just hope my friend's jewels aren't permanently damaged (funny story).

calebh
09-20-2007, 08:54 PM
he doesn't play till his junior year goes two weeks of two a days and quits because his cup chaffed him.
nobody told him about gold bond? it's like an a/c unit in your pants.

on the website, the shots to the neck are possible at safe speeds. at our local field, i took a shot to the neck from roughly 5 feet away at under 300 fps (crono is god at our field), and it was worse than those. the neck's a sensitive area. it doesn't take much to make it look bad. but the others have to be hot or something. i took a square shot to the chest (safe speed, again) from less than a foot away. it knocked the breath out of me, and it was tender for a while, but it wasn't near as bad as some of those

chnk
09-21-2007, 08:21 AM
i blame the shows like spongebob turning kids into fags huh, i dont know -_-"

kids these days dont do **** anymore, they always stay inside when i was younge i remenber running around outside building forts and **** then throwing pinecones at each other, now me and my friends blast each other in paintball,

now all i see are kids getting fat and watching tv all damn day, parents are too concerned that their kids getting hurt. they freak out at the thought of something flying 270 feet per second at their kids.

i aplaud the parents who take their kids out to play give them their mask and body armor and play with or against them. im also jealous the kid uses a better gun than i do

mikegetz
09-21-2007, 08:57 AM
ok i just 80% of this crap and i believe i have just found the Jack Thompson of paintball.

my brain hurts. need nap.

Kingman-Rep
09-21-2007, 02:29 PM
The following statement is an opinion of an employee who writes this on his free time and does not represent Kingman or its interests.

This guy is full of it!!! I couldn't even stand to read the whole thing.

I've told every parent i've ever talked to that this sport hurts like hell!! (even though i don't think it hurts) and will leave your kids with welts and potentially scars! (which i have plenty of) I also tell them they will have the best times of their lives playing paintball with their kids.

Aside from working at Kingman, i've worked at a couple different stores and not once in any store were we told to tell a parent it didn't hurt!! I'm not going to make an assumption like this donkey did and say all paintball companies lie to the public, but I know of a few companies that don't.

stop coddling your kids, let them live and learn from their experiences.

Sandman_Bravo
09-23-2007, 11:14 AM
I read the whole thing and it's obvious this guy has an axe to grind. Maybe his marriage, his childhood; I don't know, BUT he definitely wants to turn his issues on paintball. We have all played safely, and with children on up to adults. Yeah there's an ass-hat here or there, (who will light you up malicously) but isn't that true for every aspect of life. My only concern is there are far more people out there trying to give a black-eye to the sport of paintball than there are positive rolemodels/supporters.

DFSniper
09-24-2007, 01:23 PM
yeah, you dont see too many people ranting and raving on the advantages of paintball... on that topic, i'm doing 2 of my college projects on paintball: a speech on the NPPL for my public speaking class, and a resolution essay on how to keep people from committing paintball-related crimes for my english 105