PDA

View Full Version : rifle rags

interceptorMR2
09-15-2007, 04:44 PM
hmm okay so i've seen ideas on how make a homemade ghillie suit, but i need ideas on a home made rifle rag. any body have any ideas?

oldironmudder
09-15-2007, 05:22 PM
A ghillie for your marker? Get a dark material & make covers that fit the hopper & body the sew burlap on them.

interceptorMR2
09-15-2007, 05:31 PM
ooh not a bad idea but like what kind of materials should i get for covers? i just want something that will stay on my marker while acting as a rifle rag

Critical
09-15-2007, 05:36 PM
Go to Jo-Ann fabrics, Michaels Arts & Crafts or some similar store. (You'll get some funny looks from the old ladies, lol). You can get any fabric, but you might want to look at a mesh, similar to fishnet stockings, it'll give you something to attach the fabric to and is stretches to go over stuff easily.

interceptorMR2
09-15-2007, 05:42 PM
hmm okay but just to be safe, ill have my mom do that for me :D

DFSniper
09-15-2007, 06:14 PM
what i did was cut up an old BDU jacket, cut a hole for the feedneck and drape it over the gun. then take the sleeve of the jacket and cut it, get your mom to sew it so that you can slide it over your gun barrel, and zip strip it in place. then you can hand sew small cut-up strips of the bdu jacket/pants onto the main pieces on your gun.

interceptorMR2
09-15-2007, 06:21 PM
hmm i like that, do you have any pictures? i have netting so i think i might have my mom sew that onto the bdu stuff, and then get a little bit of burlap and just put that on there. OR, i will just use the netting. I might dye it ( i have enough to make it work, and the squares are fairly small compared to most netting on ghillie suits).

DFSniper
09-15-2007, 07:12 PM
sorry, no i dont. this was a few year back and i ended up throwing them away because there were no woodsball fields in germany...

for some cool cloth, go to www.conderspaintball.com, click on "gear" at the top, "supplies" on the left side, and then click on the Ghillie Cloth. premade and looks pretty easy to use, i might have to pick up some in the future.

interceptorMR2
09-15-2007, 07:15 PM
ooh now thats somethin i think i might get. the lower the price to make a ghillie rag, the happier i am

DFSniper
09-15-2007, 07:16 PM
yeah, and i think that its actually cheaper than going to walmart and buying camo fabric too!

interceptorMR2
09-15-2007, 09:45 PM
thanks for the advice guys i think ill do that after i get my red dot and my apex barrel