PDA

View Full Version : vs3 air issue

osofastferu
09-15-2007, 03:42 PM
well i have a brand new stock vs3 , halo b loader, dxs high pressure carbon fiber tank. heres my issue, when i plug the tank into the gun cock it and take the first shot, after the first shot something happens and air starts to leak out of the asa. so i turned the regulater down to 200psi, there doesn't seem to be a problem at 200 but any higher and it does the same thing, any reason why????

oldironmudder
09-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Tear the reg down & grease it up.

osofastferu
09-15-2007, 07:25 PM
Tear the reg down & grease it up.
the reg?? you talkin about the part of the gun where it's like a handle?

Paintballadict18
09-15-2007, 10:04 PM
were ur tank screws into the vs2-3 have a on off asa/regulator basically its a all in one deal

osofastferu
09-16-2007, 07:46 AM
o alright, is breaking this thing down goinng to void warranty? and it's just really strange how it doesn't leak until a shot is fired, when it starts leaking i turn the knob off and just turn it back on and as soon as i take another shot, it'll leak againn

mr1gunner
09-16-2007, 08:26 AM
Can someone make a video of how you take the vs2 and vs3 regs apart. Also when you say grease it up what do you use. I just got my vs2's reg o ring replace and it broke again after a couple dry fire shots. Will the greasing the reg help the o ring from keep breaking

osofastferu
09-16-2007, 09:43 AM
well i just tore this whole thing apart, no broken orings, everything is lubed up, if i keep the regulator at 200 210 psi no probs, the minute i crank it up and take a shot it starts to do crazy things, now when i take shot after the shot has been taken, you can hear excess air being used per shot. guess this one is going back to kingman

SupaSnipa
09-16-2007, 10:13 AM
What kind of fps are you running because if it is between 250-300 than you should be good on the pressure because the vs2-3 is suppose to run that low of pressure.

DonF
09-16-2007, 01:16 PM
now when i take shot after the shot has been taken, you can hear excess air being used per shot. guess this one is going back to kingman

Instead of just voicing your troubles generally, you may get more help if you are more accurate - What did you take appart? The gun or the regulator or both? Now it sounds like since you took it apart another problem has started or is it still leaking from the regulator just like before? On page 22 of both the VS2 and 3 Users Manual it shows the exploded view of the regulator. I havent had any trouble with my regs someone posted a tip not to be a monkey when opening or closing the on-off, soft and gentle - So far so good :)

osofastferu
09-16-2007, 05:55 PM
well kids, it's doing the same thing, i've experienced no new problem ever since i've taken this thing apart just same issues. i took the whole regulator apart and found nothing wrong, took the whole gun apart and found nothing wrong, so this thing is going back to kingman and i'll let them deal with this crap.:mad:

oldironmudder
09-16-2007, 05:59 PM
well i have a brand new stock vs3 , halo b loader, dxs high pressure carbon fiber tank. heres my issue, when i plug the tank into the gun cock it and take the first shot, after the first shot something happens and air starts to leak out of the asa. so i turned the regulater down to 200psi, there doesn't seem to be a problem at 200 but any higher and it does the same thing, any reason why????

Maybe the over pressure relief thingy. Call kingman & talk to a tech before you send it in.

osofastferu
09-17-2007, 12:20 PM
Maybe the over pressure relief thingy. Call kingman & talk to a tech before you send it in.

called them, couldn't figure it out so i sent it in, thanks to all those who posted.

osofastferu
09-27-2007, 04:27 PM
just in case anyone else has this problem, I got my gun back from kingman today, pretty quick turnaround time. anyways, they replaced the delrin bolt and rebuilt the regulator, gun shoots like a dream now, i ran couple hundred rounds thru it as soon as i got it back, got it set at about 225psi.

swoosh81
09-27-2007, 05:42 PM
:yay: Glad to hear

mr1gunner
09-27-2007, 07:23 PM
Remember to keep your reg lubricated or its going to go dry and you're gonna blow an o ring like me.

osofastferu
09-27-2007, 07:55 PM
Remember to keep your reg lubricated or its going to go dry and you're gonna blow an o ring like me.
do you take the whole thing apart and lube it? or are there certain spots you just drop some lube on to?