PDA

View Full Version : Having some trouble with the Qloader. Help !

SkinWalk3r
09-13-2007, 05:20 PM
I was firing single shots ok. So idecide to switch it to full auto and it fired fine till it appeared that it run out of "forceable" ammo (there's always a few stragglers in the feed tube that arent forced into the breach after the loader is empty). Then I took a quick peep down the barrel (after shutting off air and power) and I noticed that there was a busted ball on the breach. After taking off the feed neck near the breech it appeared that the bolt had caught the last ball and sliced it. Part of it was in the breach, the other was moslty in front of the bolt. So what causes this. I made sure that the hose was the right length. I made sure that the hose was also pre-loaded. And I reduced the number of prewinds on the spring to 7.

I dont know if this makes a difference but the last ball in the tube after the preload DOES NOT have to be held with finger pressure to be even with the inside wall of the socket. THere's actually about 1/8 to 1/4 inch space there depeneding on what kind of paint I am using.

for the record : Spyder MR2 with Alamo city Bolt two O-rings
Bob Long Timmy detent
Qloader with 7 winds.
CO2 and Trinity EX- chamber
J&J 16" barrel.

I must add that for the first time since I have had this gun I had trouble drawing back on the T-bar. I had to force the bolt out the back with a stiff squeege.

Alien
09-13-2007, 07:37 PM
I must add that for the first time since I have had this gun I had trouble drawing back on the T-bar. I had to force the bolt out the back with a stiff squeege.[/QUOTE]

This is doing the same thing to me , even when I try with another bolt

chnk
09-14-2007, 07:29 AM
the problem with the qloader is once it runs out of balls in thr pod it has no more force to force the ball in the tube to the feedneck which means horrible feeding cause of the mr blowback.

the only way to fix this would be to switch your current empty pod with a ful one when your current pod runs out of balls and only balls are left in the feeding tube

regular hoppers have this problem too, i find i run into chops or jams when my halo is empty and cant put anymore force onto my balls in the feedneck, then those balls really on gravity and we all know how good gravity hopper does on a mr2

SkinWalk3r
09-14-2007, 08:08 AM
the problem with the qloader is once it runs out of balls in thr pod it has no more force to force the ball in the tube to the feedneck which means horrible feeding cause of the mr blowback.

the only way to fix this would be to switch your current empty pod with a ful one when your current pod runs out of balls and only balls are left in the feeding tube

regular hoppers have this problem too, i find i run into chops or jams when my halo is empty and cant put anymore force onto my balls in the feedneck, then those balls really on gravity and we all know how good gravity hopper does on a mr2
thank you !. you confirmed what I was wondering. I wish there was like a little LED or something that came on signalling the end of the load in the pod so We dont fire past that.....

chnk
09-14-2007, 02:54 PM
thats the thing about the qloader i dont like, speedfeeding is so much faster, hows the qloader btw is it very consistent? have you run into any jams excluding what we were just talking about?

SkinWalk3r
09-14-2007, 07:39 PM
yeah I am still struggling here. If I pull the trigger a little too fast or if I put it on auto, I get breaks. I cant tell if its the loader feeding to fast or if the gun is firing faster than the feed rate. I have 7 prewinds.

BTW is it a given that once you break one ball every other ball following it has a good chance of breaking unless the barell or breach is cleaned ?

chnk
09-14-2007, 07:58 PM
the board on the mr2 is too fast, it should have eyes, well there is one way to test, do 8 prewinds and see if you're having problems, then move onto 9, then 10, etc,

if you think you're feeding to fast try 6, then 5, then 4 until you start seeing results etc

The Booth Man
09-14-2007, 10:44 PM
yeah I am still struggling here. If I pull the trigger a little too fast or if I put it on auto, I get breaks. I cant tell if its the loader feeding to fast or if the gun is firing faster than the feed rate. I have 7 prewinds.

BTW is it a given that once you break one ball every other ball following it has a good chance of breaking unless the barell or breach is cleaned ?

I don't own a Q-Loader myself, but some MR2 owners from last year found that between 10 to 14 prewinds should do the trick.

SkinWalk3r
09-15-2007, 05:10 AM
the problem is that with more prewinds above 7 I start having double + feeds. In semi/single shot I was firing 2-3 balls per pull !!! and of course more breaks !

Nuwisha
09-15-2007, 06:01 AM
I've been using a q-loader with the MR2 for over a year now, if you're getting double feeds, check the ball stop fang thingy, I'm going through about one a week(no troubles yet with the stock ones in an MR3 though).

In regards to the ball chops, you just have to pay more attention to whats left in the pod.

Check your ball stop for wear and tear, strip and clean the marker while you're at it, with lots of chop you may have paint down in with the hammer...
which could cause cocking problems....

hope that helps.

SkinWalk3r
09-15-2007, 06:58 AM
you going thru one a week ! wow pretty hard wear huh ? I just replaced my test Timmy with a fresh one. Lets see how these go.

Nuwisha
09-15-2007, 08:21 AM
you going thru one a week ! wow pretty hard wear huh ? I just replaced my test Timmy with a fresh one. Lets see how these go.

well showing off what the t-board can do really does wear em out fast (:

chnk
09-15-2007, 01:23 PM
I've been using a q-loader with the MR2 for over a year now, if you're getting double feeds, check the ball stop fang thingy, I'm going through about one a week(no troubles yet with the stock ones in an MR3 though).

In regards to the ball chops, you just have to pay more attention to whats left in the pod.

Check your ball stop for wear and tear, strip and clean the marker while you're at it, with lots of chop you may have paint down in with the hammer...
which could cause cocking problems....

hope that helps.

the mr3 is double detented so double feeding is not really a problem,

hmmm the mr2 wasnt really thought out fully by kingman to me, they put a fast board in that requires you to get a force fed hopper, but a force fed hopper works best with double detents,

the mr2 needs a slower board, or eyes and double detents, but that is what the mr3 has in it, i mean the pilot even has double detents in it, eh im still working on eyes and double detents,