PDA

View Full Version : oiling components

ballistic
02-06-2006, 05:01 PM
Hello, Question? I have been out of paintball since 91, long story but it has to do with my military career. Anyway I just purchased a spyder rodeo,followed by a smartparts teardrop barrel, shocktech delrin bolt, empire evo II with sound activated boards. My question is do I have to lube my regulator internals and is there a quick way to do it or do I have to break the marker down. I know not to put oil on the delrin bolt, but do I lube the striker,I am sanding and polishing the striker, using mequires polish or any recomendations will be helpful. Thanks in advance

Ballistic

covert24
02-06-2006, 05:39 PM
yeas u do lube the striker. to oil the Reg:

1. Unscrwew tank
2. put 2 or 3 drops of oil down into the hole in the bottomline where the tank screws in
3. put tank back in
4. dry fire a couple times.

Polishing the Internals (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/polishing.html)

TacTownKilla
02-06-2006, 05:57 PM
just lube the striker and you will be fine, lubin the reg is nice but not 100 percent needed. i have left my hp reg unlubed for like 20-30 cases and been fine.

adriann222
02-06-2006, 06:16 PM
just lube the striker and you will be fine, lubin the reg is nice but not 100 percent needed. i have left my hp reg unlubed for like 20-30 cases and been fine.

It's not necessary, but it is recomended. Doing a drop in lube (when you put the oil in the ASA and dry fire) it also lubes your valve and cup seal. This is much easier than taking your whole friggin marker apart. :) Oh and when you do this, take off your barrel so you don't oil all in it (it'll really screw up your aim).

bigred76
02-06-2006, 06:41 PM
:yeahthat: Put in 4-5 drops in your ASA and also take off the hopper.

ballistic
02-07-2006, 03:20 AM
Thankyou everyone for your input, Its nice to be around such knowlegdable people.

covert24
02-07-2006, 04:03 AM
NP man feel free to ask any more questions. This forum is like the xact opposite of pbn

gailon24
02-07-2006, 06:34 AM
It's not necessary, but it is recomended. Doing a drop in lube (when you put the oil in the ASA and dry fire) it also lubes your valve and cup seal. This is much easier than taking your whole friggin marker apart. :) Oh and when you do this, take off your barrel so you don't oil all in it (it'll really screw up your aim).

And don't do it inside the house, sometimes it likes to give a nice oil spray out =)

big_daddy_d
02-07-2006, 10:12 AM
Yeah what they all said :D

ooglieboogliebob
02-07-2006, 06:41 PM
haha yep ... all true .. but you still need to oil your bolt and strike even though you put oil in the asa :) ... i like the traditional way much better.. it probably takes 2 more minutes ...

Team Ramrod
02-07-2006, 06:44 PM
not with the delrin. dont want to take the chance of it swelling (could go either way i've heard though)