PDA

View Full Version : Macro vs Micro vs Steel Braid

Maj_Paint
09-13-2007, 12:36 PM
What are some opinions on this? I am running both Co2 and HPA. Neither of them are regulated at this point. What are the differences between macro and micro and what are the benefits and downfalls of them?

squeaks
09-13-2007, 12:41 PM
Micro is super restrictive. Avoid it like the plague for a bottomline. It's good for pneumatics though. Here are some pro's and con's about macro and steel braid

Macro
pros
flexible
definable legnth
looks cool
cons
breaks easier than steel
little less flow

Steel braid
pros
highest flow
durable
easily removable (assuming quick disconnects)
cons
restricted to the legnths you can choose (palmer-pursuit.com has a wide range though)
shiny

Oscum Guy
09-13-2007, 12:58 PM
macro>ss>micro

squeaks
09-13-2007, 01:05 PM
it really doesn't go that way Oscum, SS has more flow than macro. It also will never break (I say never but I mean if a dragon breaths fire at it while a giant pulls it apart and an ogre bashes it with a club, then it will). Macro on the other hand is easier to deal with and looks cleaner.

Maj_Paint
09-13-2007, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the replies, I think I may just stick with the sttel braid and eliminate that headache before it becomes a problem. I have a long enough list of upgrades to my sonix that I need to do already without having to get new hoses and stuff of the like.

hodni_sania
09-13-2007, 02:23 PM
Actually steel braid does break. My buddy tripped and fell into a tree and put a small hole in his ss and it leaked like a bastard. I would go with macro easier to use and it comes in different colours silver looks weird on a gun that doenst have any other silver on it.

Charfizcool
09-13-2007, 08:02 PM
yeah and Macro takes like 2 seconds to take off and change.