PDA

View Full Version : The best in ________(Place category here)

squeaks
09-13-2007, 08:48 AM
Okay, this is not an X vs Y thread. We all know that some systems are better than others in different ways. That is why I think we should compile a list so that people can decide how to customize their guns. I've started the list using my own knowledge, but I will change and update it as people post, especially since I don't know nearly everything. Please note, I am WILL change if you have a VALID arguement. If you say, "I think Angel's are the best 'cause they look cool," then I'm not even going to pay attention. Also, since I'm in a hurry right now, I won't have all parts and categories listed. Last thing, if the mods think this is a dumb idea then just delete the thread. Here we go.

The Lightest Markers
1. Delrin, Mini-Midiget Turtle Cocker
2. Protege Intimidator
3. Cyborg
3. Ego
4. Mini
The Most Consistant Markers
1. AKA Merlin
2. AKA Excalibur
The Most Stable Markers
1. Excalibur w/ MQ valve (reciprocating mass almost doesn't exist and it's heavy)
2. Autococker w/ MQ valve
The Most Efficient Markers
1. AKA Merlin
2. AKA Excalibur
3. AKA Viking (what can I say, AKA is good)
The Fastest Markers
1. Cyborg
Most Reliable Markers (Anti-chop eye, bolt, steady velocity, double feed, ball rollout, etc.)

squeaks
09-13-2007, 08:51 AM
The Best HPA Regulator
1. AKA 2-Liter Plus Dual
2. AKA Sidewinder
3. CP Reg
The Best LPR
1. AKA SCM III
2. STD JDS LPR (these are essentially the same. They're both made by Aaron K. Alexander AKA AKA)
3. Palmer Rock
4. Palmer Micro-Rock
The Best CO2 Regulator
1. Palmer's Stabilizer
The Highest flow Preset Tank Regulator
1. I'm not sure, but probably Crossfire or Nitro Duck Plasma Reg
The Highest flow Adjustable Tank Regulator
1. Probably Nitro Duck X-Stream
The Best Bottomline Regulator (like the female stabilizer)

squeaks
09-13-2007, 08:52 AM
The Highest Flow Bolt
1. AKA Lightning Bolt
The Lightest Bolt

The Best ACS Bolt

squeaks
09-13-2007, 08:54 AM
The Lowest Pressure Valve
1. AKA Tornado Valve
2. Maddman Rocket Valve
The Fastest Valve (Spool Time)
1. MQ Valve
The Lightest Valve (Just for those making really light guns)
1. Maddman Rocket Valve
The Most Consistant Valve
1. AKA Tornado Valve

squeaks
09-13-2007, 08:55 AM
Best Electronic Board (adjustablility, customizability, etc.)
1. APE Board
2. Virtue Board
3. T Board
4. Tadao Board
Best Trigger Switch (e.g. hall effect, microswitch, optical)
1. Hall Effect
2. Optical
3. 50g microswitch
4. 75g microswitch
5. 25g microswitch
Best Trigger Material
1. Carbon Fiber
2. Delrin
3. Aluminum
Lightest Trigger Frame

Best Contoured Trigger Frame

squeaks
09-13-2007, 08:56 AM
Any ideas for feedneck categories? Other Categories that should be covered also.

squeaks
09-13-2007, 08:56 AM
Least Friction Barrel
1. Palmer Custom
2. J&J Ceramic
Lightest Barrel
1. Deadly Wind Fibur Barrel
2. Stiffi
3. Sly
Most Comprehensive Barrel Kit
1. J&J Edge Elite Barrel Kit
2. Full Freak Barrel Kit
3.CP Barrel Kit
Longest Control Bore Barrel Kit

Quietest Barrel

Most Efficient Barrel

squeaks
09-13-2007, 08:58 AM
Please note this if for electronic hoppers only

Fastest Hopper
1. Halo B
2. Empire B
3. Q-loader
Highest Capacity Hopper
1. Spyder Fasta
Most Reliable Hopper (always reloads, not blender, etc.)

Lowest Profile Hopper
1. Q-loader
2. Warp Feed
Lightest Hopper

As you can see there are tons of holes. Post in this thread so I can fill them in.
Thanks,
Squeaks

Oscum Guy
09-13-2007, 12:10 PM
lowest profile hopper would deff be a qloader or a warp feed. the pulse should be the fastest and throw the vlocity and empire b in there. my fasta holds 230, thats huge for an electro hopper.

everyone says the aka viking is the most efficient ever

the fatsest gun should def be the ego sl74, paint has been shot at like 44bps, cyborg has been shot at 33.

for lightest barrels throw st!ffi and sly in there, both cf. alot say the quitest is the deadlywind whisper. jj ceramics prolly have the least friction.

throw tadao boards in with the best.

lightest gun, protege intimidator (when it comes out next month), ego sl74, mini, ego7

put cp regs in the hpa regs, i love mine. alot say that palmers has the best lpr.

jj edge, full freak and cp barrel kits have many boars

timbertiger20
09-13-2007, 05:17 PM
As far as speed goes.......the fastest I've heard of is this 06 Borg form the Tag Sportz cheetah hopper section. http://www.predatorelectronics.com/images/stories/videos/macdev.mov
Also have to put the 06 Borg in the reliability and efficiency categories as mine is at just over 2080 per 68/4500.

Of course if your saying marker vs weight my phantom is hands down the winner :)
I'd like to test that 44bps ego at cup with my pact chrono :) Actually you'll notice between balls they hit 47 in the borg video but average was 33 or 34. That's limited by the loader!

Ace24
09-13-2007, 06:11 PM
'07 Borg for speed and weight.

timbertiger20
09-13-2007, 06:43 PM
'07 Borg for speed and weight.

I'm supposed to have one in the mail :)

bigred76
09-13-2007, 09:20 PM
MacDev Cyborg for fastest marker. If you want proof, merely email their company and they can give you some... as if the claim about their markers on their advertising wasn't enough, or anyone else's personal observations. ;)

Timber, let me know how it shoots!

squeaks
09-14-2007, 07:00 AM
Do remember to suggest just how they rank compared to others on the list. That way I can order them properly.

timbertiger20
09-14-2007, 07:35 AM
MacDev Cyborg for fastest marker. If you want proof, merely email their company and they can give you some... as if the claim about their markers on their advertising wasn't enough, or anyone else's personal observations. ;)

If you want one let me know. I'm hanging out at cup with James and there is NO news of any new products yet :) The 07 is my lender till cup! I also have a new PACT chron coming for some real world testing. BTW if your intrested I'm technically a wholesale dealer right now so if you want one hit me up!

Oscum Guy
09-14-2007, 01:14 PM

sk=l74 recently beet the record fool

bigred76
09-14-2007, 01:45 PM
Am I a fool, or is that a non-existent gun? The Sk=L74? :dodgy:

Vid or shens.

timbertiger20
09-14-2007, 04:35 PM
I shot a brand new SL-74 a couple weeks back along with a bunch of teammates and was highly unimpressed all the way around except the weight! The kick made me think of my old spyder! I have a PACT like I said.....if your at cup with an SL-74 I'll show you the light!

timbertiger20
09-14-2007, 07:21 PM
I believe this is what you need to see reguarding that speed test by the top electronics board designer from SP. It essentially says 44 bps is not possible!

"If the cycle time is currently 36 cps (27.8ms per cycle) to reach 30bps, then the paint is already loading in 5.5ms, which is really fast and proves how awesome the q-loader is. They need to speed up the cycle time about 3ms to hit the target, hence you will need a cycle speed of about 40 cps to allow for paint loading time.

Goldwaves are not all telling, I am of the opinion this is the fastest out there at playable velocities and sustained for a whole second. I look at all the vids posted and all the goldwaves and all the PACT readings etc as the board market is also sold on speed to some degree and most of the claims are false, except for the Vetter one, but that is not on an electro.

EDIT:
Also, at least on the Nox, you will need to either drop the dwell and or the loader delay to allow a cycle speed of 40.

board limted cps = 1000 / (dwell + loader delay + fixed 15ms bolt return)

ex. 1000 / (8ms + 5ms + 15ms) = 36 max possible

Now try no loader delay, 1000 / (8ms + 15ms) = 43 max possible

So Ieo is correct, you will need to adjust either the dwell down or the loader delay or both to hit the needed cycle speed assuming the hardware can keep up."

Also working for SP he says the Borg is by far the fastest thing tested as it can still keep a velocity of +/- 10 FPS at that speed without a problem!