PDA

View Full Version : Upgrades?!?!

basssyndicate
09-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Hey guys, new to the forum, just got back into paintballing and bought a spyder xtra off a buddy of mine. It's completely stock and im wanting to mod it out a bit to make it slightly above the competition. I am looking to get a barrel this weekend (around the $70-$80 range) and was wondering what is a good brand/type. I've heard that dye barrels and freak barrels are really good. Im also thinking about getting a collapsable stock. Other than that im pretty much in the dark as to what else is important to do, (internal mods) and what they do. I'm going to be mainly using the gun to host battles out in my woods (5 acres) not sure if that makes a difference than indoor courses. ANY help, advice, opinion is helpful and i appreciate anyone that can help.

Hossy
09-13-2007, 04:44 AM
First off, welcome to the Forums!

If you look in my sig, there is a link that says "ultimate resource thread"
Read that, there is alot of information there. It would be a good read as you are a beginner, and yet it has alot of product info there.

But personally, i wouldnt get a freak or dye right off the back unless you have a great price on them. Id suggest not throwing down alot of money on it.

basssyndicate
09-13-2007, 05:42 AM
ok, so i was doing a little more research this morning and came across a J&J S2 ceramic...people that wrote reviews had nothing but good things to say. I do however, have a couple questions. whats the difference in performance in a single barrel vs. a two piece barrel? and the obvious, is this a good barrel?

DFSniper
09-15-2007, 06:32 PM
2 piece barrels generally have a better bore consistancy and are usually designed to swap out the back pieces for different bore sizes (at least the higher quality ones). as for stocks, here are 2 for spyders:

this one will fit your xtra just fine.
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=3jOuMAx-wEaukUqWiZ1umAaqllyLI9U0lns=?ProductID=aTbAqArbEnc AAAEPjmNukvPZ

this is another one but wont fit if you have the original body style xtra (with the rear cocking rod):
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=ZigtgDymLA8tzXpK80btKDZvWb45iOXsLmA=?Pro ductID=bfDAqArbbGIAAAEPWOADgFSR

basssyndicate
09-18-2007, 08:10 PM
thanks for all the help guys, i went with a spyder O-stock from gunhead...and the J&J s2 barrel. Only thing left to decisions now, is WHATS NEXT???? now that i have a better than stock barrel, whats the next most common/applicable mod? Co2 regulator, aftermarket low-presure chamber, eyes, electronic hopper?

DFSniper
09-19-2007, 07:30 AM
i would get them in this order:
hopper
t-board w/ eyes
regulator (palmers stabilizer or bob long torpedo)