PDA

View Full Version : Need help offseting my scope

MDK-BlackFox
09-12-2007, 12:09 PM
I recently purchased an MR2 because it looked cool. Later I found out it could go full auto so I added a big force fed hopper to it. Later I got a scope which fits onto the weaver sized carrying handle but not the picatinny rail. So now my hopper is blocking me from mounting my scope and the stock makes it hard to look threw it with my mask even when I can. I was looking at the Spyder Offset Mount I found here at this link (http://rap4.com/paintball/os/spyder-offset-mount-p-2155.html), but thats not an MR2. Any suggestions?

Eric4Lego
09-12-2007, 06:06 PM
I just ran into the same problem that you have, and what I did was I bought this rail here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220136751868&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=012

Now it hasn't come in the mail yet so idk if it will work or not, but it looks promising. I think it will offset the scope off to the side enough so that you can look through it with your mask on.

MDK-BlackFox
09-17-2007, 03:45 PM
Let me know how it works out

Taillo
09-17-2007, 05:12 PM
Okay , the rail on the mr2 carry handle is a 3/8 dovetail rail, the offset you posted from rap4 is attached on a older spyder that uses the same dovetail.
If your scope fits the carry handle, then it will fit on this offset and the offset will fit on the mr2 carry handle.

There are some other offset that will fit directly on the 7/8 weaver rail of the mr2, and they look cooler than the one you pointed out at rap4 but your scope will not fit on them...

You said: Later I got a scope which fits onto the weaver sized carrying handle but not the picatinny rail.

Beware with that, the carry handle is not a weaver rail (7/8), it is a dovetail. (3/8) the larger rail on the mr2 is a weaver.
This handle is one of the rare items that mounts a dovetail rail over a weaver rail.

ViperX
09-18-2007, 11:13 AM
What Taillo Said!

Weaver =Picatinny (7/8") ----> Flat rail on MR2 body

Dovetail :3/8" ---->Carry handle on MR2

Very important to understand the difference or you may end up with another wrong part.

How far are you offsetting the scope and in which direction, up, left, right?

Eric4Lego
09-18-2007, 01:08 PM
even with the rail that I bought the stock still gets in the way, so I am going to try out some high rise scope rings to try to get the scope high enough to be useful.

MDK-BlackFox
09-23-2007, 09:01 PM
The rap4 offset mounts to a dovetail, but only allows weaver styled devices to be mounted to it. I'm going to try the 3" long x 3/8" wide Dovetail Assy Rail