PDA

View Full Version : VS2 Air System

xawsriderx-twistedmethod
09-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Whats up guys and gals

I am going to buy a VS2 pretty soon and I was reading on Action Village that its a low pressure gun.

and it said

"Operates on Nitrogen (Compressed Air) only."

Are Nitrogen and Compressed Air the same thing?
If not, which is cheaper?
And which one is more effective?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

oldironmudder
09-11-2007, 06:23 PM
They are the same thing. Compressed air is just that, air that is compressed. Nitro makes up 80% of the air so their basicly the same.

Hossy
09-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Nitrogen and Compressed air arent exactly the same thing, but for our purpose yes, Compressed air, Nitrogen, and HPA are the same thing.

Any HPA tank will do you fine, you can find many 48/3k tanks very cheap, or you can get a carbon fiber (which is lighter and some can hold higher pressures) for alot more. Id suggest a Steelie tank (not actual steel, aluminum, but called steels) for you, especially the 48/3k which i think is made by Pure Energy. That tank should suit you fine for now

Griff
09-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Nitrogen and compresed air use the same tank I would get a 4500psi 48cu inch or a 72 cu inch tank. Every one now fills them with compred air.

xawsriderx-twistedmethod
09-11-2007, 06:27 PM
wait so you can fill the Nitro tank with compressed air too???

Kaptaincool
09-11-2007, 06:53 PM
Yes they are the same thing. Are you in a budget? If so get a 48/3000 psi tank.
The # in front ex 48 is the cubic inches and the number behind is pressure. The bigger the front # is the more shots you get out of the tank. But if you have the cash go for a 4500 tank its more expansive but lighter and more shots out of the tank. Any brand would be good. then their is a HP (high pressure) or LP (low pressure) tanks (still the same thing as compressed or nitrogen tank) they both give out different out puts of psi, for the vs2 I would recommend you to get a HP so you can have a faster recharge rate on your gun so you shoot more consistent.