PDA

View Full Version : Launching cocking knobs........HELP!!

Deadeye
09-10-2007, 08:53 PM
I hope someone can help me. I have a TL-R with a rocking 2.0 and other upgrades. I use a Evo III hopper and didn't have a problem throwing a TON of paint for about 6-7,000 rounds. I picked up a delrin ACS bolt to help with the couple of chops I had with the factory bolt. Now I jam every couple of hundred rounds and the gun doesn't re-cock itself. To make matters worse, I've launched and lost not one but two top cocking knobs. I spent last sunday using an allen wrench. Please tell me that there is a semi easy solution. I Love my gun, but if you can't shoot you can't play.

oldironmudder
09-10-2007, 08:56 PM
Tighten up the screw on the rear of the bolt & break the bolt in more.

Deadeye
09-10-2007, 08:57 PM
should the gun re cock after a mis-fire?

NeedForSpeed
09-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Yes it should. Read OldIronMudder's ACS Bolt Guide.
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=12980

applesauce
09-11-2007, 03:17 PM
just in case you haven't, make sure the o rings have lube on them, everyone forgets to lube now and then.

pb34
09-11-2007, 03:36 PM
just in case you haven't, make sure the o rings have lube on them, everyone forgets to lube now and then.

The delrin ACS bolt doesn't have o-rings. I would not suggest oiling the bolt.

Deadeye
09-11-2007, 04:19 PM
I've attempted to tighten the screw (on the bolt) a bit but it does not move. The metal itself is soft enough that a little pressure does damage. Is this a screw that can be replaced? I talked to a shop owner today who said it's not he first time he's heard of knobs popping off. Maybe I'm better just to buy a half dozen to keep in my gear bag. The bolt is sitting upstairs right now with an elastic wrapped... thanks for the tip.