PDA

View Full Version : Well I've dropped the Timmy idea and have fallen in love with...

Ace24
09-10-2007, 12:43 PM
...a spool valve.

Thats right... a spooly.

I've already figured out what I want on it for the most part as well.

I'm having my friend hook me up with a very upgraded flat black Shocker SFT.

I'm planning on putting a chrome Freak back, dust AA tip, black annoed incert, Dust black annoed TONTON frame, chrome freeflow trigger, and the board it comes with is Virtue... so I'm all set there. I might pick up some Dark Seoul grips too.

I'm hoping to have it next month.

Any advice on Shockers would be nice. :) (I have used my friends so often with the Free flow trigger now that I've fallen in love.)

VS3 Sniper
09-10-2007, 12:55 PM
If u want to buy some dark souel grips i have dark smoke pair. pm me

big_daddy_d
09-10-2007, 01:26 PM
HE bolt...

Ace24
09-10-2007, 01:38 PM
I thought they came with HE bolts? Well this one has one anyway...

Oscum Guy
09-10-2007, 02:37 PM
im disappointed in you. lol man, good luck.

bigred76
09-10-2007, 02:59 PM
Not a bad pick-up! The SFT's aren't bad except for their efficiency, which the N-V (NOX) and soon to be Eigenbolt fix. I'd suggest an Eigenbolt on their second release, as this first one's being hand-finished by Lurker himself. Until then, the HE will work fine.

NeedForSpeed
09-10-2007, 03:26 PM
I've done the same thing.
Got a Quest
and an NXT on the way.
Traded my Empire II for it.:o
Not sure if I'm going to keep the NXT though. If anyone is interested shoot me a pm.

timmyshoota
09-10-2007, 03:38 PM
I'm sorry for you getting a Shocker. The only ones I like are Dynastys and thats for the look, and look alone. DM's are about a billion times better than Shockers, give or take a million.

NeedForSpeed
09-10-2007, 03:41 PM
DM's are about a billion times better than Shockers, give or take a million.

Not trying to start something for I personally hold no affiliations with any marker but I'm just curious as to why you say that?

timmyshoota
09-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Not trying to start something for I personally hold no affiliations with any marker but I'm just curious as to why you say that?

Better design, a usable stock board, great barrel stock, don't tend to randomly break. Smart Parts loves to give you horrible parts stock, so that you have to upgrade. The only thing good they put on the guns from the factory is the feedneck.

I've owned 4 Shockers(04, 05 Dynasty, 05, Hybrid NXT) and 4 DM's(DM4, SM5, DM7, PMR). The 4 Shockers had problems, the worst thing the DM's gave me was a leak, which was easily fixed. The Shocker's problems ranged from normal leaks, to stock triggers not working properly, to guns deciding on their own if they want to shoot or not. I really like the NXT's but I still haven't had any luck with Shockers. No other guns I've owned, out of the almost 30 I've owned have broken as much as Shockers. Last gun to give me problems like that was my Spyder AMG, and when you dive into the world of fully upped Spyders, its hit or miss as to whether it'll work great or break. The only thing Shockers have going for them is price, and thats why I was considering getting a Dynasty NXT.

NeedForSpeed
09-10-2007, 05:24 PM
If you talking about price get a Quest. Ha, not kidding.

Thanks for the explanation.

timmyshoota
09-10-2007, 05:27 PM
I looked at the Quest, but it was just fugly. Everything else was appealing.

NeedForSpeed
09-10-2007, 05:38 PM
haha, you see the new one. It's not as bad.

Ace24
09-10-2007, 05:46 PM
I was thinking about a Quest... I can always whore out the Shocker if I don't like it. Heh.

With the plans I have for it, it shouldn't be hard to find a buyer.

The only major thing I've seen with shockers is bolt stick. There are alot of instances of that recently at our field. Might be humidity... but I think it's the owners not maintaining them right.

The friend of mine that has been letting me use his SFT has taken very good care of it and it works perfectly. I've got to ask him his setup... but what I do know of his upgrades are a HE bolt (which I said, thought came stock), Freeflow trigger, CP on/off asa, Virtue board (I believe... either that or a Rampage), and new feedneck as well as the AA barrel. It has little to no kick (the beauty of most Spool valves) and shoots ropes ball on ball.

Personally, I don't think the older Quest's look too bad. If I loose interest in the Shocker, I'll trade for a Qest.

As of right now here is what I am planning (upgrades that are already on the Shocker are included):

Virtue Board
TonTon Frame (annoed Dust Black)
Freeflow Trigger (it already has a NDZ Black Roller Blade trigger that I'd sell)
Virtue Eyes (possibly... not sure yet if I want to spend the money)
NDZ Clamping Feedneck
HE Bolt (later the Eigenbolt)
CP On/Off (Dust black)
Flat black Freak Back (might look for a newer one... they look nicer then the retro ones)
Silver/Chrome Annoed Incerts (comes with 3)
AA tip (Dust black)
NDZ Floating Bolt Guide

Thats probably it.

I would go for a Matrix... I just don't like how the feel. They shoot nice, granted... have little to no problems and are good to go stock... but they don't appeal to me in looks or feel. They just arn't comfortable to me.

The Shocker on the other hand is small, light, feels great, and shoots great to me. The comfort of the TonTon frame is the way I like it.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/DSCN0852.jpg

NeedForSpeed
09-11-2007, 02:16 AM
Sounds like a sick marker Ace. Good luck with it.