PDA

View Full Version : Clamping Feedneck

usn/nuke
09-10-2007, 12:27 PM
Hey I was wondering if anyone had found a clamping feedneck that had the eyes cover? I contacted Sun Dragon and they said that most people just made a cover and used the mr2/mr1 clamping feed neck with out any problems.

NoSkillzAZ
09-18-2007, 10:36 PM
I'd like to know the answer to this too. One thing I was thinking is maybe a small piece of aluminum or plastic with holes that tucks underneath and covers the wires? Haven't tried it yet... Trinity has an actual clamping feedneck, instead of one where you have to buy the feedneck seperately.

usn/nuke
09-19-2007, 11:03 AM
from what I've gotten back from different companies is that I would have to make my own eye cover

NoSkillzAZ
09-19-2007, 11:35 AM
Yeah, the two I've found, are designed for the MR1 and MR2, so they don't cover the wires to the eyes.. I'm thinking about buying the trinity one, because its a little cheaper, and all one integrated piece. I'll have to see what I can do to cover the wires.

aos
12-05-2007, 04:42 AM
http://www.paintball-discounters.com/get_list_60.htm

check this link i believe this fits the mr-3

NoSkillzAZ
12-05-2007, 06:28 AM
I already bought that one, and you still have the same problem, with your eye wires not being covered.

Capo Gauhd
01-02-2008, 06:43 PM
Below is a link to a photo of my MR3 with the Sun dragon Elbow Mod. I was very worried about the fact that the new elbow did not cover the eye or the wires.

Whet I received it in the mail, I tried to install it; however, it hit the eye and would not seat properly. I used a Dremmel tool to notch out the part of the piece touching it. It then seated fine and I installed it. It still bothered me that the wires were left unprotected.

I then cut out a piece of thick, hard plastic to match the section not covered. I then used the Dremmel to create a groove in the plastic for the wires to sit.

I know I needed to be able to get to these wires if I needed to, so I could not glue it in. I ended up using black Plasti Dip. One can get this from Home Depot. It is used to dip tools in or wires to cote them in a rubbery plastic that dries very stiff.

I used a small paint brush and coated it all with the product: just enough to seal it and keep it in place. It looks pretty good. It might be a little wavy; however, it is well worth the functionality. It made the hopper look like a part of the gun.

I paid too much for mine. If you type in "spyder mr1 clamping feedneck" in Google you can find one for 24.99. I paid that for just the new neck mod and another 20.00 for the threaded neck that actually attaches to the hopper.
Sun Dragon Feed Neck Mod for MR3 Photo (http://shstables.com/sundragon-elbow-mod.jpg)

spyderMR3
01-07-2008, 10:50 AM
all you have to do is cut the cover off the stock feedneck and tape it onto the gun

deano 177
01-07-2008, 03:59 PM
all you have to do is cut the cover off the stock feedneck and tape it onto the gun 'Cause that's what most people want to do on their $300 marker. :doah:

camo_mr1
01-07-2008, 04:59 PM
are their any other ideas on this?, i have an mr1 and am buying a mr3 soon but i already ordered the trinity neck. i know i can still use it on the mr1 no problem but it will be a back up to the mr3

spyderMR3
01-07-2008, 05:11 PM
if you cut off the cover of the origional feedneck it will work all you need to do is find a way to keep it on the gun.I think cutting it will be the easiest way because you know it will already fit and it will have the slot for the wires.just find a way to attach it to the gun or the feedneck

camo_mr1
01-08-2008, 04:32 AM
i was thinking about that last night actually, if spyder had only put one more screw like the cover on the other side it would be fine

Capo Gauhd
01-10-2008, 02:49 PM
I was thinking about this more... Community Colleges teach Aluminum welding. I am sure if you took it in there, for a few bucks they would cut the old part off for you and spot weld it on the new neck on the inside where you could not see it.

spyderMR3
01-10-2008, 02:55 PM
i was thinking the same thing i was goint to ask my teacher at school if he could weld it but I dont know if he knows how to weld aluminum. maybe a epoxy will hold the parts together