PDA

View Full Version : New Sponsorship

vikingshadow
02-06-2006, 02:29 PM
Yahooo! I was just found out that Empire wants to sponsor us! I applied and did my little schpeel and when the guy replied he said our resume was very impressive and thought we'd be a good team to sponsor, blah blah blah...

Only problem is that we're sponsored by Redz and we have their uniforms....guess we could wear the Empire pants (MUCH better than the Redz eNVy pants we have now...) with the Redz Jerseys - just put their name on the jersey somewhere.

We're also in the running for another decent sponsorship this year. (Can't say who yet, but it sounds decent.) Things are really getting going now!

That makes Redz, Empire, Nelson, R&J Sports Supply (local business) and this other company...Whew! We might get to do something this year after all!

TacTownKilla
02-06-2006, 02:32 PM
1. discounts for us?
2. whos the other company?

Angel69
02-06-2006, 02:35 PM
haha ya im with tactown on the disscounts;) :D lol well anyways congradulations on ur sponsorship!:D :) :waytogo: me and my friends were thinking of starting a 3 man team for some tourneys but the only ppl around here that are into paintball are me and one of my friends:( oh well we will scout...

is it hard to get sponsored?:confused:

Santy
02-06-2006, 02:37 PM
Congrats Vike.

and angel, it depends what you're looking for. Redz has decent deals for small teams. But try your local shop. We got sponsored by one of ours and we get great deals on gear and paint, including the new e-vents when they get released, we'll have the first ones in our area.

ganggreen
02-06-2006, 02:57 PM
congrats vike. And yippi on the e-vents! it's only been 3 months since NPS said they'd get them to me

Team Ramrod
02-06-2006, 02:58 PM
Congrats vike. movin' on up.

i remeber the days of the camo clad sonix and you behind the tree, oh thoes were the days...

vikingshadow
02-06-2006, 02:59 PM
Well, like all the other sponsorships, we don't get stuff for free, but at severe discounts (not able to disclose, of course!) We're looking to get companies that will stay with us as we grow, and the more we grow, the more we get...you know how it goes.

It's not hard to get sponsors, if you have the gift of BS (not the kind you use in school that never works, but the kind you use in business to make money! I was in the business world for a LONGGGGGG time before teaching and I learned a lot about selling a product and selling a person. It really helps.) You also have to contact them and present yourself in a positive light. Oh, and it helps if you win a couple of tournaments....especially if you're going outside of your own field for sponsors. Companies also like to see that your team has goals, and what you're doing to reach those goals.

As far as the other company, I'm not at liberty to say yet because we haven't sealed any deals yet, but as soon as I hear something, you'll hear something!

colonel_moo
02-06-2006, 04:30 PM
vike, i think its time to get custom jerseys with all your sponsors on them. and also your names! (if you dont already have those)

vikingshadow
02-06-2006, 05:59 PM
Yeah, I think we're talking that...we have names on our Redz jerseys now. Only one problem with all these sponsors. People expect you to live up to them! There's no place on the jersey to say that the sponsor rep is a good BS'er......

bigred76
02-06-2006, 07:19 PM
I might just have to have you help me write a sponsership letter when I get on a team. Sounds like you always bag 'em! :waytogo:

durrell
02-06-2006, 08:55 PM
Vike do you get the same pricing as me from Empire and Redz? You can PM me since you can't say it outloud, I'm just curious.

shunut
02-07-2006, 03:47 AM
Congrats Vike, glad to see your team is doing well.

Chris Cole
02-07-2006, 01:38 PM
I'm still available to fill that bionic pod b*tch spot. :D

vikingshadow
02-07-2006, 02:19 PM
Hahaha! We might take you up on that...thinking of a little Xball action in the future! That wheelchair getup with the pod loaders would be perfect!

Chris Cole
02-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Wheelchair? I'm up to a walker now homie. Actually, I should be up to full speed in a few months if you need a backer for a 2nd/3rd line.

vikingshadow
02-07-2006, 03:50 PM
:up: :up: :up: The way you rock on the Impy, hells yeah! :up: :up: :up:

vikingshadow
02-25-2006, 03:14 PM
Ok, well, I must have the sponsorship golden touch or something!

Catalyst JUST signed up under another sponsor! Yee Haw! Ok, well, not all that big of an accomplishment since they sponsor like a bazillion other teams, but they're an online paintball store called Orderpaintball.com.

Not to take ANY business from Durrell - I'm in the process of ordering from him right now - by the way, Durrell - we're looking for more more businesses that want to sponsor someone in case your interested! but if you wanna check them out, go to our website Catalyst (http://www.geocities.com/the_ko_boys/index.html?1121128470515) and check them out on our home page and the sponsorship page....

shunut
02-25-2006, 03:39 PM
Nice, congrats again. You should start your own business of finding sponsors for teams, make a little money at, if you are that good at doing it.

vikingshadow
02-25-2006, 03:43 PM
I don't know if I'm good at finding sponsors, or good at finding easy sponsors, LOL! Now, I do have a business plan involved here, all of which is geared towards the future, so there's a reason I pick who I pick for sponsors.

However, easy or not, it's a good feeling when they say, "Hey! Nice resume. We'd love to sponsor your team this year..."

DFSniper
02-26-2006, 04:10 AM
vike, i think im gonna go to college in OK and see if i can squeeze my way into your team...

vikingshadow
02-26-2006, 05:09 AM
Sure, come on over!

You know, one of these days, a sponsor is going to fully sponsor us, I hope....of course, we actually have to play some tournaments, but, hey! Look what I've done (sponsor-wise) with only ONE tournament this year!

Chris Cole
02-26-2006, 05:54 AM
If you can just sign up an orthotic supplier, I'd be set. I'll definitely e in Wichita to fil pods, tech guns and field walk with you guys. I'm having a second "procedure" done Wednesday, so I'm still out of commission for the near future.