PDA

View Full Version : New bolt?

mattie5960
09-09-2007, 01:46 PM
I got my rodeo about a year ago refurbished from a website and after looking it over it had a couple external scratches (nothing major) and the bolt was worn. I'm still using the same bolt and after just looking at it, the worn part seems to have a bit of an abrasiveness to it. Could this possibly damage the inside of the gun? I also noticed that it was only on the top front part (the part that goes underneath the vertical feed), could this mean that the feed is causing bolt damage? Should I just get a new bolt and not worry about it? Also note that there hasn't been a game played since I got this marker that I haven't cleaned and lubricated the bolt and striker. Thanks!

oldironmudder
09-09-2007, 01:51 PM
Its caused by the aluminum bolt rubbing against the same material, the body. You can take some fine sand paper to smooth it out, buy a cheap stock delrin acs bolt or buy a new ACP bolt.

My TL+ ran the stock alum. bolt for 5 years or so with out problems from the scratchs.

mattie5960
09-09-2007, 03:03 PM
What's an ACP bolt? Also, what is it about a Delrin bolt that makes it lubricate itself? Does the material come off inside the marker?

Kenny_McCormic
09-09-2007, 04:28 PM
What's an ACP bolt? Also, what is it about a Delrin bolt that makes it lubricate itself? Does the material come off inside the marker?
www.Alamocitypb.com
Derlin has teflon in it iirc. No it doesnt come off.

mattie5960
09-10-2007, 02:13 PM
k, thanks

SparkyGT
09-14-2007, 09:12 AM
I also noticed that it was only on the top front part (the part that goes underneath the vertical feed), could this mean that the feed is causing bolt damage?

SEEN some spyders that do this more than others, i have smoothed out the area a touch

DFSniper
09-15-2007, 06:40 PM
my bolts do the same, but they wear all around, not just on top. like they said, its from aluminum on aluminum, and no, it won't damage your playing.