PDA

View Full Version : Legends among us

pbfreak3221
09-08-2007, 03:25 PM
This year I walked into my english class, and see the board, and it says Ms. Evans. I later found out that she was none other than the sister, of Chris Evans, our local town hero! (... look him up if you seriously don't know who he is...) Of course I was the first one to ask her if she was, and she flipped on me because she is slightly jealous that she is just a high school english, and acting teacher and he's raking in millions.

On another note, my friends dad who is none other than the pro-bowling Fred Smerlas guest coached today at our football practice, and it was a blast. (again look him up if you don't know football...) Anywho, I thought this could be a cool thread about relationships you have, or connections to any famous, or recognizable celebrities. If you know, or are connected to any post up your stories.

Hossy
09-08-2007, 03:30 PM
Bobby Knight is a basketball coach at TTU, hes a good family friend
Bobby Cremins is a basketball coach now at CofC, he is a good family friend
(I know alot more coaches, but not as close as these men)
My Basketball Coach was the Defensive player of the year in European basketball league.

leed
09-08-2007, 04:14 PM
My friends dad is a retired professional soccer player for one of the Scottish National teams.. I forget the team name though, but they suck now, haha.

Oscum Guy
09-08-2007, 04:15 PM
my american history teacher is the wife of some news guys. lolz.

oh yeah his name is cabot rea.

Hossy
09-08-2007, 04:38 PM
A good friend of mines dad played professional soccer too
forgot that one

marvin-martian
09-08-2007, 04:44 PM
top this guys. there was this kid who went to my highschool who was related to henry kissenger.

TheRedBarron
09-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Ive talked politics with Stephen King and we went out to eat with him and his wife Tabbitha

marvin-martian
09-08-2007, 04:52 PM
you win. by far...

was he a cool guy? of course assuming this isnt shens...

TheRedBarron
09-08-2007, 04:54 PM
He is a very relaxed guy, very smart, great conversationalist. His wife is pretty cool too, she and Shanna had a good time talking.

timmyshoota
09-08-2007, 04:56 PM
I've got one word that will top anything in this thread.

geeZus.

TheRedBarron
09-08-2007, 04:57 PM
You met Jesus? :dodgy:

timmyshoota
09-08-2007, 04:59 PM
geeZus > Jesus.

TheRedBarron
09-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Too bad he isnt great enough to be allowed back on these forums...

vwjimmy
09-08-2007, 05:11 PM
My annual hockey poster has included celebs like Ashley Judd, Rebecca Gayheart, Tara Conner, Amy Hayes and others...I have met with them all before featuring them!
www.ukhockey.com to check them all out....
Also, my cousin Tommy is an actor. Susan and I ate dinner with him, his actress wife Tracy Needham, and his best friend George Clooney......
I was invited to the Padres spring camp in 1983 and met and played along side alot of guys like Steve Garvey, Garry Templeton, etc....
Dan Fouts (legendary Chargers QB) was a regular customer of mine for car repair.....
Annette Benning and I went to high school together....
I played baseball at SDSU and Tony Guynn stopped by often....he once told me I was a 'Great, natural hitter'.....
I'm sure I could think of more if I had the time....

badlandsrox
09-08-2007, 05:22 PM
ive met ted danson, plus a million local celeberties

Theheroguy
09-08-2007, 05:30 PM
my english teacher's friends husband almost went out with Martha stewart (lol I don't remember why she told us this but apparently when she turned him down in highschool he asked out his wife)

i know its weird and a long line

durrell
09-08-2007, 06:04 PM
Too bad he isnt great enough to be allowed back on these forums...

I lol'd.

marvin-martian
09-08-2007, 06:07 PM
I lol'd.
same here

pbfreak3221
09-08-2007, 08:20 PM
My gym teacher was also on UFC, lol.

shunut
09-08-2007, 09:11 PM
I got to meet and take pictures with the entire Cubs and Soxs team when I was 5 or 6. I got to go on both Comiskey and Wrigley field when I met them. I got to go in the Cubs dugout and I sat on, none other than, Bill Buckner's lap. I took his hat and told him I was going to borrow it and I'd give it back to him tomorrow. I still have it, he ended up signing it for me.

I met John McCain at Sky Harbor (AZ airport).

I got to go 18 holes with the great Stan Makita (Famous Chicago Blackhawks player, also the guy on top of the donut shop on Wayne's World), when I won a spot on "Walk With the Stars". That was when I was a freshman in high school. That day I also met, Charles Barkley, Dan Marino, Ernie Banks, Lawrence Taylor, Rollie Fingers, Truck Robinson, Chris Chelios, along with many others. I also met Jim McMahon, which I got to sit and talk to for about 10 minutes because there was a backup on one of the holes.

I don't know if anybody remembers this but Richard Simmons slapped a guy at Sky Harbor Airport and the guy sued him. I actually knew the guy he slapped. He worked at the car dealership with a buddy of mine.

Hossy
09-08-2007, 09:15 PM
He worked at the car dealership with a buddy of mine.

teh honda dealership? :p

seems like youve met your share of famous people, and the forums seem to have covered alot of different kinds of famous people

Maxx-Damage
09-08-2007, 09:21 PM
I have the same name as the 12th president, dont know if their is a blood line relationship though. Or i could be related to Thomas Taylor(u know who). My wholefamily is friends with the second largest construction company in kansas. I was in a whos who magizine in kansas called money or something.... Charles Adams used to my neighbor, then a month ago he moved to the domican republic(research him, he was 1 of a few kidnapped in haiti and released without a ransom) I think thats the most of the famous people i know.

Theheroguy
09-08-2007, 10:19 PM
I thought timmyshoota was geezus on the nation

Nenkitsune
09-09-2007, 01:15 AM
geezus, i know no one famous/well known -_-

you guy's suck

pbfreak3221
09-09-2007, 06:28 AM
I got to meet and take pictures with the entire Cubs and Soxs team when I was 5 or 6. I got to go on both Comiskey and Wrigley field when I met them. I got to go in the Cubs dugout and I sat on, none other than, Bill Buckner's lap. I took his hat and told him I was going to borrow it and I'd give it back to him tomorrow. I still have it, he ended up signing it for me.
:jawdrop: You should have slapped him for all us Bostonians.
Any ways, I forgot to update, my post but I may still be related to Ryan Greenspan.

TheRedBarron
09-09-2007, 07:00 AM
I thought timmyshoota was geezus on the nation
Well if he is, he is BOS here...

HelpDeskHustler
09-09-2007, 07:07 AM
I thought only 12 year old girls like geezus... I wouldn't consider him like famous famous, more like Aaron carter famous.

shunut
09-09-2007, 07:52 AM
:jawdrop: You should have slapped him for all us Bostonians.

I believe this was before his great blunder. I was 4-5 so that was 84-85, his blunder was in 86.

I recently met the kicker for the Arizona Cardinals, Niel Rackers. He was a guest at one of my little sister's Special Olympic events. Being a Bears fan I naturally thanked him for missing the field goal in the game last year.

Arizona Cardinals Kenny King and Larry Fitzgerald bought my family and I dinner at IHOP one night.

I got to meet Chicago Bears great Mike Singletary when I was 13-14.

Theheroguy
09-09-2007, 08:08 AM
Well if he is, he is BOS here...
lol what did he do?

marvin-martian
09-09-2007, 08:09 AM
everything

durrell
09-09-2007, 08:26 AM
everything

No, that was Doogdin.

marvin-martian
09-09-2007, 08:49 AM
No, that was Doogdin.
ah, good times...

HelpDeskHustler
09-09-2007, 10:06 AM
I forget doogdin but remember the name...

QAZ123
09-09-2007, 08:39 PM
I've met a lot of UFC fighters before they made it to the UFC.

Umm I'm related to John Wayne.

I run into Pro wrestlers all the time I just never know who they are lol. One of WWE's training camps (OVW) is in Louisville, KY.

JB.

xsgmike66x
09-09-2007, 09:09 PM
I've played a quick one on one game of soccer with Tab Ramos...

shunut
09-09-2007, 09:37 PM
I road the elevator at a Diamondbacks game with Rich Eisen. My friends and I were trying to get on TV so we had T-Shirts on with letters on them. They spelled "Lee" for Travis Lee. We were out of order and Rich thought we spelled eel. We tried but he wouldn't put us on Sports Center.

Warnichek
09-11-2007, 09:00 AM
a couple of radio guys go to my sister-in-laws shuch and my son was in the nurshery with one of their daughters. Rick & Bubba www.rickandbubba.com

i have met and talked with all of them too.

Drefish99
09-11-2007, 03:05 PM
Ok I must confess I am none other than Drefish99 on PBNation.com

Please no PMing for autographs, gold stickying your BST threads or unbanning your accounts. :P

Oscum Guy
09-11-2007, 05:09 PM
geeZus > Jesus.
jesus^3> jesus^2 >jeebus >jesus

VS3 Sniper
09-11-2007, 05:12 PM
Ok I must confess I am none other than Drefish99 on PBNation.com

Please no PMing for autographs, gold stickying your BST threads or unbanning your accounts. :P

Haha "Mr. Drefish99 can I have ur autograph?"

VS3 Sniper
09-11-2007, 07:44 PM
My 4th grade teacher was Derrek Jeters mother.

KingTutBaller
09-11-2007, 09:02 PM
I played a show with Alexisonfire/Dallas Green before they got huge and we hung out that night. Also played with the Trews, Matt Good and Big Wreck.

tater_salad
09-12-2007, 02:06 PM
My friends dad used to play for Mexico's National Soccer Team.

pbfreak3221
09-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Oh yeah, I paintball with Dennis Eckersley's son.

DFSniper
09-13-2007, 12:34 PM
I've got one word that will top anything in this thread.

geeZus.
G wins...

my dad went to high school with one (or two, i forget) of Ted Nugent's daughters, so of course, at his graduation the guest speaker was none other than the Nuge himself! (he has the autograph to prove it too) then he met him one year when he and my uncle went to Ted's Place (his store, they just happened to see the zebra striped blazer in the parking lot and ran into him inside). and now that same uncle and aunt live out in Jackson county, a few miles down the road where he has his Michigan property.

and supposedly my first JROTC batallion commander's cousin is Linkin Park's manager...

If anyone doesnt know who Colonel Sean MacFarland is, google him. hes the one responsible for bringing together the tribal leaders in the Al Anbar province of Iraq against the militants, and happens to be my close friend's dad.
watch this for some better info: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3Hr5KWnd_rI

Oscum Guy
09-13-2007, 01:16 PM
pretty sure vike has met chuck norris so he automatically wins.

its srlsy impossible to beet that.

vwjimmy
09-13-2007, 04:09 PM
Pretty sure Vike has met Chuck Norris so he automatically wins.

It's serioulsy impossible to beat that.
Winner........

;)