PDA

View Full Version : Cut The Stock Trigger?

snipehunter
09-07-2007, 04:12 PM
I like the idea of a single trigger on the MR1. Is there anything wrong with simply cutting the trigger just above the finger groove? The weight of the trigger pull seems more than manageable with one finger.

Oh, and what do we put in our signature if we've graduated college, work full-time, and WISH our parents paid for paintball?

cyberthrasher_706
09-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Oh, and what do we put in our signature if we've graduated college, work full-time, and WISH our parents paid for paintball?

Just that, SIGGED
:cool:

oldironmudder
09-07-2007, 05:46 PM
I like the idea of a single trigger on the MR1. Is there anything wrong with simply cutting the trigger just above the finger groove? The weight of the trigger pull seems more than manageable with one finger.

There isnt anything wrong with cutting the trigger down. If that works better for you than joe blow, go for it.

Just put that in your sig like cyber said.

chnk
09-07-2007, 05:49 PM
on a mech it doesnt sound like a bad idea, but on an electronic trigger frame i wouldnt do it

oldironmudder
09-07-2007, 06:08 PM
to each his/her own. I prefer mechanical trigger over electric anyday now.

vwjimmy
09-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Cut it if you like....it is really a personal preference thing...
...and 'Old Farts Club' has been working for me, although I have been considering, "If you pay for your kids paintball gear...put this in your sig"
LOL!!!!
Welcome to the forums!

cyberthrasher_706
09-07-2007, 07:44 PM
The only thing I would consider before cutting it is the comfort factor. A firearm normally allows the rest of your fingers to rest around the grip but your idea is going to require your middle finger to rest inside the trigger frame. It may be no difference but it may cause some discomfort. Aside from that, I'd say go for it.

oldironmudder
09-07-2007, 08:06 PM
I never had a problem with resting my middle finger inside the gaurd but if it were a problem just cut a section out to clear your finger.

Critical
09-08-2007, 08:23 AM
Cut it if you like....it is really a personal preference thing...
...and 'Old Farts Club' has been working for me, although I have been considering, "If you pay for your kids paintball gear...put this in your sig"
LOL!!!!
Welcome to the forums!

Or "If you had kids to play paintball with them...put this in your sig." :D

cyberthrasher_706
09-09-2007, 07:18 AM
I never had a problem with resting my middle finger inside the gaurd but if it were a problem just cut a section out to clear your finger.
I honestly didn't really think it would be a problem. I was just trying to rack my head trying to come up with anything that might be an issue and that was all I could come up with for him to think about.

Fantom
09-10-2007, 04:34 PM
I did it and was the best thing I did for comfort. It also allows me to hold and swing the marker with only one hand.

Having the finger inside the frame is no big deal.

Go for it.