PDA

View Full Version : Whats so bad about Egos?

Paintballadict18
09-06-2007, 02:58 PM
well i was talking to some idiot who thinks hes all good at paintball and stuff and he sayed his parents were gonna get him a brand new angel (ill believe it when i see it) and i said im not really an angel fan id take a Dm7 or maybe an ego cause they look cool and he started busting up laughing whats so bad about egos?

shunut
09-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Moved, please pay attention to where you post your threads.

There is nothing wrong with Egos. I love them. They are light, fast and very air efficent. When you get up to the Angel, Ego, DM, Timmy level all the markers are about the same level. Each has its differences but perform about the same. As always it comes down to personal preference.

calebh
09-06-2007, 03:15 PM
according to you, he's an idiot. so don't listen to him.

since you find it unlikely his parents will actually buy him an angel, he's most likely a poser with a chronic lying problem who has to ridicule any view other than his own simply to maintain a semblance of control on his otherwise out-of-control life. the anxiety caused by the huge difference between who he really is and who he claims/wants to be causes the out-of-control feeling.

sorry, i just out of class, and we were reading some freud, so i felt like psychoanalyzing a complete stranger who i know almost nothing about, but sounds like other people i know. now what does that say about me? lol

i have no opinion on egos. i've heard good and bad about them, and i've never actually shot one. but going out on a very sturdy limb, i'm going to say it's completely up to personal preference.

you said they look cool... perhaps he was merely ridiculing your taste, and he thinks egos are ugly.

applesauce
09-06-2007, 03:22 PM
ive only held and ego, but from what i felt, it was incredibly light. judging by what ive seen on TV, most players use dms angels shockers and egos on the professional level. ask him what his issue is with egos, if he doesn't give you any sound reasons, blow him off. if he comes up with facts as to why egos arnt good then maybe hes not as full of it as he sounds.

Paintballadict18
09-06-2007, 05:20 PM
srry about where i put this and wow u guys make me laugh

Drefish99
09-06-2007, 05:42 PM
ive only held and ego, but from what i felt, it was incredibly light. judging by what ive seen on TV, most players use dms angels shockers and egos on the professional level. ask him what his issue is with egos, if he doesn't give you any sound reasons, blow him off. if he comes up with facts as to why egos arnt good then maybe hes not as full of it as he sounds.

Thats usually due to sponsorship. Eclipse pays a ton of money and provides a lot of sponsorship and free markers to top level players. Dye and Smart Parts does the same to their sponsored pro teams.

Egos are great. Efficient and really easy to manage. I can't say the same for Angels. One I had required an Angel tool set to work on the valve, lpr, ram assembly. With my timmy and dm4 I don't need special tools and can usually tech them fairly quickly. In the end it is all personal preference. I like my DM for sound signature and kick (none, zero, zilch). I love my timmys for their speed and efficiency and not to mention their ease of maintenance. Best bet is when it comes time to buy your high end or upgraded marker to try some out there that you are interested in and ask some questions wo the owner. I find that it is usually easy to talk with folks as they will share what experiences they have with them all the time.

Honestly right now I would probably go with a PMR before I go with anything high end. It will probably function just as good as what is out there and cost a whole lot less.

My rule of thumb though with buying high end markers is this. If it will prevent you from actually playing after buying. It probably wasn't worth it. Any upgrade or gun that keeps you off the field in my opinion is worthless as you get no playtime. Hope this helps.

timmyshoota
09-06-2007, 05:51 PM
I hate Egos.

With this being said, I own an Ego.

chnk
09-06-2007, 06:06 PM
I hate Egos.

With this being said, I own an Ego.

reasons?

QAZ123
09-06-2007, 06:13 PM
The other team we scrimmage with has all 07 Egos and I absolutely love them! I won't ever own one or pay for one but dang there nice!

JB.

timmyshoota
09-06-2007, 06:28 PM
reasons?
Cons: Loud, kick like crazy, LCD screens go out for no reason, Optoswitch, Timmy knock-off,

Pros: manifold mounted solenoid

Other than that one pro, I'd take a Timmy all day. I'm gonna get rid of my Ego because I've got a Timmy I'm gonna build to be my backup.

big_daddy_d
09-06-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm gonna get rid of my Ego because I've got a Timmy I'm gonna build to be my backup.
want an empire2?

timmyshoota
09-06-2007, 06:33 PM
want an empire2?
Nope, got a Timmy in my room thats in pieces right now waiting to be built.

Tito=PBL
09-06-2007, 07:31 PM
according to you, he's an idiot. so don't listen to him.

since you find it unlikely his parents will actually buy him an angel, he's most likely a poser with a chronic lying problem who has to ridicule any view other than his own simply to maintain a semblance of control on his otherwise out-of-control life. the anxiety caused by the huge difference between who he really is and who he claims/wants to be causes the out-of-control feeling.

sorry, i just out of class, and we were reading some freud, so i felt like psychoanalyzing a complete stranger who i know almost nothing about, but sounds like other people i know. now what does that say about me? lol

i have no opinion on egos. i've heard good and bad about them, and i've never actually shot one. but going out on a very sturdy limb, i'm going to say it's completely up to personal preference.

you said they look cool... perhaps he was merely ridiculing your taste, and he thinks egos are ugly.

you should look into becoming a psychologyst. unless you already are. that was impressive. you had me thinking for hard to understand. it was....cool to read. lol

calebh
09-06-2007, 10:22 PM
you should look into becoming a psychologyst. unless you already are. that was impressive. you had me thinking for hard to understand. it was....cool to read. lol
lol. well thank you :) i was actually thinking about majoring in psychology, but i think i'll enjoy architecture more. but psychology is still really interesting, and i have studied it a little. (i took one class, does that count?)

but anyway, to the original poster, like dre said, just go talk to people who own them and see what they think. ask if you can shoot one. the worst they'll say is no.

chnk
09-07-2007, 08:35 AM
Cons: Loud, kick like crazy, LCD screens go out for no reason, Optoswitch, Timmy knock-off,

Other than that one pro, I'd take a Timmy all day. I'm gonna get rid of my Ego because I've got a Timmy I'm gonna build to be my backup.

as in kick you mean like a kick from a spyder? timmy knock off? hmm i havent notice that. they are both ep stack tubes. are the way they work about the same too? ive never held or shot an ego so wouldnt know, i had a chance to shoot and even play with a timmy it was great:D

Paintballadict18
09-07-2007, 06:48 PM
my "future" career choice is in the field of architecture im in engineering graphics at my high school the 2nd year of that arch stuff

Oscum Guy
09-08-2007, 06:17 AM

dude omg i cant wait for the protege and when i have teh moniez to buy one. a timmy w/ a manifold noid, omg teh best.

and that kid is prolly one of those nubs who thinks angels are the best for some reason.

Theheroguy
09-08-2007, 06:58 AM
they are timmy rip-offs I actually studied how similar they were last weekend and it disgusted me

timbertiger20
09-13-2007, 07:07 AM

Yeah my buddy just shot an ego after shooting my Cyborg and said the gun was terribly loud and kicked just like a spyder. It is a Timmy knock-off, like the Borg and numerous other markers. If you haven't shot a cyborg......well it leaves them both in the dust. Not only the direct mounted noid but also no air lines to deal with. I'm getting just a touch ove 2000 rounds per 68/45. Again it's a bit more expensive than some other markers but you can pick them up used for decent prices!

bigred76
09-13-2007, 09:23 PM
More expensive? They're cheaper than DM7's, Ego7's, etc new. :tongue: They're just less known and thus are priced properly. People are willing to pay for the same equipment pro's use, even if it isn't the best, and lesser quality (Ego's, Shockers, etc).

Nenkitsune
09-14-2007, 01:02 AM
like my em1

everyone likes them, but i doubt many know that it's wickedly efficient.
I get 1100+ off a 71/3000 I bet i could get close to a case off a 71/4500 fill

and it doesn't kick bad, and it's not too loud. also, no air lines, and direct mounted noid ^^