PDA

View Full Version : Hoppers and Feed Necks - Opinions Needed

Deez
02-06-2006, 09:45 AM
Hey, I'm relatively new to paintball, I started playing last year and picked up an '04 Imagine. First upgrades were to a Tear Drop barrel and got a 32 Degrees spring kit. I get out to play on average once a month, and mostly just to run around with a couple of pals. On the last outing, I was messing around with my full auto and got a couple of chops, which sort of ruined the rest of my day, so I figured it was about time to upgrade the hopper, feed neck...and maybe the bolt?

I've done a lot of reading on opinions, and I've seen that a lot of people out there are big fans of the Z-Eggy. But, I've also seen good and bad things said about the Revvy w/ X-board and the Empire Reloader II. My only thoughts on not getting the Eggy is that it seems like it might be overkill for someone with my relative inexperience and infrequent play, so I thought a Revvy or Reloader might be more suited to what I'm going to, and also free up $20-$30 to put into a new feed neck, since I don't want to bust another plastic one.

So, can the Revvy or Reloader handle the full auto of a pretty much stock Imagine? Eggy overkill for an infrequent player who's playing with other relative novices (the guys I play with all are packing A-5's and we're all just pretty much out for a good time, so I'm not looking to dominate or anything)? And are there any companies I should avoid on feed necks? I saw Redz seemed like a good one, is Trinity any good?

Sorry, I know this stuff comes up all the time on the board and I read OtterSC's bible (Which is great! Thanks a lot, it answered a bunch of questions I had about stuff, thanks!) , but I'm kind of in a mode where I'm trying to get what will work for my style of play, not necessarily what is the best out there and I figured this would be the best place to ask this sort of question.

Appreciate any opinions you guys might have one way or the other.

Thanks!

big_daddy_d
02-06-2006, 10:14 AM
First off, Welcome to the forums. If you are going to be playing for a while, you may be better off buying the Z eggy (in case you get a different marker down the road), you can pick up a used one for not that bad of a price, granted with the stock board the reloader or the revy should be able to keep up. Feednecks are entirely up to you, trinity feed necks aren't too bad, but a majority of folks have the NDZ feednecks, especially if you want a much lower profile. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

ad0131065
02-06-2006, 10:32 AM
yeah you can find eggs pretty cheap i bought one off PBN for $30 shipped w/z-board.

Deez
02-06-2006, 04:28 PM
I should probably look at more of the stuff going up for sale on paintball sites. I haven't seen much in the way of used gear on EBay.

Thanks for the tips, appreciate it!

big_daddy_d
02-06-2006, 06:34 PM
yeah you can find eggs pretty cheap i bought one off PBN for $30 shipped w/z-board.
Got mine at the local shop used for $17 with Z board :D

covert24
02-06-2006, 06:39 PM
hey big daddy can i buy one of those? wut color is it and do they have any halos?

mv540
02-08-2006, 02:55 PM
have the NDZ feednecks, .

With you give me the complete name of that feedneck pliz??:p

covert24
02-08-2006, 03:26 PM
New Designz Feedneck

ad0131065
02-08-2006, 04:05 PM
Got mine at the local shop used for $17 with Z board :D
...you suck, lol nice deal but there had to be someting wrong with it.

big_daddy_d
02-09-2006, 10:34 AM
...you suck, lol nice deal but there had to be someting wrong with it.
Nothing wrong with it except the shells were a little banged up, easy fix though just bought some new shells... Works fine...

big_daddy_d
02-09-2006, 10:35 AM
hey big daddy can i buy one of those? wut color is it and do they have any halos?
Weren't any there the last time I went but i can keep an eye out. No halos though lol