PDA

View Full Version : LP Dilemma

pb34
09-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Well I'm in the process of making my MR2 low pressure. I know all the parts needed to make it low pressure as I've already done this to my Pilot. My dilemma is where to put a regulator. I use Co2 with this gun so I know the two regs I have the choice of are the Palmer Stab and the Bob Long Torp. I realize neither of these will fit into the grip thats on there already so that rules out that option. I don't want to put it vertically and take off the foregrip because I think that takes away from the look of the MR2. So I'm left with I believe are two options. One is to get the Female stabilizer and use that as my ASA. The only problem with that is that I lose the option of an on/off which I find quite nice. I know there is a way of having an on/off asa and then somehow connecting the reg to that. My question is how do you do connect the reg to the ASA. I saw it on Pbgrandpa's MR2 before he sold it but didn't really see how he did it. So any help is appreciated.

shunut
09-05-2007, 04:50 PM
I don't have a MR2 so you're going to have to help me out a bit.

1. The grip handle is just that, a handle, correct, and it covers adapters right?

2. With the grip handle and the C/A to Hose adapter off you can screw a regulator into the marker, correct?

3. So if you put either the Palmers or BL Torpedo you cannot put the grip handle back on? If you can't, why cant you? and is there anyway to modify the grip handle for the reg to fit?

If they are just too long than another option is going to a CP Shorty and HPA.

chnk
09-05-2007, 04:53 PM
buy a cp reg, it fits perfectly under the foregrip, thats what i have under mine

or just screw the torp or palmer males into the reg and attacth a remote to it, i saw a youtube video on it

pb34
09-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Shunut you are correct in assuming the handle is just a hollow covering for connections. You are also correct when you say that you can just screw the reg into the marker. The problem is that since neither the Torp or the Stab have bottom fittings they have fittings on the side which prevent the regs from fitting in the handle. Lets just assume that HPA is not an option so therefore neither is the CP reg. How is it that you can attach the reg to the ASA?

Edit: Chnk I think you are saying screw the male regs into the ASA? I would prefer not to have to do it that way as I don't really want a remote. Plus I believe that would render the On/off ASA useless.

chnk
09-05-2007, 05:12 PM
you can run antisiphoned co2 on a cp reg http://youtube.com/watch?v=fuqVbHmqb64

pb34
09-05-2007, 05:14 PM
I realize that it can be done the way they show on youtube but if I had an on/off asa on there such as a CP On/Off it would be useless because there is no pin to push on a regulator. Plus as I stated before I don't really want to use a remote. Are you 100% sure you can use Anti-siphoned Co2 on a Cp reg?

chnk
09-05-2007, 05:20 PM
i did before i switched to hpa and my reg still works fine, dont quote me on this though. im not sure if other people had the same luck, its like running as co2 on an in or vs2

there is one mod where you hook an inline palmers reg to an on/off asa, let me find you a link

shunut
09-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Ok, on both the Torpedo and the Palmers the input is at the top of the regulator. Is there enough room for the regulator with a 90* fitting on it? If there is, then it will be easy. All you'll have to do is either run the macroline out of the bottom of the grip handle, if there is enough room. If there isn't just drill a hole in the back of the grip handle big enough for the macroline to come out.

Now, if there isn't enough room for the 90* fitting how about this. Put the reg on, figure out where the output is the drill a hole through the handle where that input is. Use a straight macro fitting and bring the macroline straight out of the grip handle.

Will either of those ideas work?

chnk
09-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Ok, on both the Torpedo and the Palmers the input is at the top of the regulator. Is there enough room for the regulator with a 90* fitting on it? If there is, then it will be easy. All you'll have to do is either run the macroline out of the bottom of the grip handle, if there is enough room. If there isn't just drill a hole in the back of the grip handle big enough for the macroline to come out.

Now, if there isn't enough room for the 90* fitting how about this. Put the reg on, figure out where the output is the drill a hole through the handle where that input is. Use a straight macro fitting and bring the macroline straight out of the grip handle.

Will either of those ideas work?

yea i think they will work, there is only enough room for a cp reg,
but the inside of the handle can probable be filed down to fit the reg and fitting in, i screwed a hole in mine so i can adjust my cp reg

shunut
09-05-2007, 05:25 PM
I had another idea if you are willing to take a dremel to your grip handle. If you can figure out how to align the regulator so the 90* fitting is facing directly to the back of the gun, you can cut a slot down the back of the grip handle to slide around the fitting.

pb34
09-05-2007, 05:28 PM
I know that on the Stab that there isn't enough room for it to fit in there with the fitting and I'm pretty sure it's the same thing with the Torp. So that idea won't work. As for drilling out a hole in the handle, that might work, but it would require a bit of measuring and drilling.

I'm really trying to figure out how to mount the reg between the CP ASA and where the line goes into the gun as that would be the ideal position. The only reason I'm not so into the idea of drilling out the handle is because I was thinking about eventually replacing the whole handle with a Trinity Ak-47 Expansion chamber. I think my best bet might just be pm'ing Pbgrandpa to see how he did it but if anyone has any other ideas to mounting the reg I'm open to suggestions.

pb34
09-05-2007, 05:30 PM
I had another idea if you are willing to take a dremel to your grip handle. If you can figure out how to align the regulator so the 90* fitting is facing directly to the back of the gun, you can cut a slot down the back of the grip handle to slide around the fitting.

I had that same idea. I might try doing that first and if I happen to not like the way it turns out I'll move on to trying to mount the reg between the ASA and where it goes into the gun.

chnk
09-05-2007, 05:32 PM
found it, here is an inline plus cp on/off combo

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/866/cdnwwwpbreviewcomly2.jpg

here is a much bigger pic
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/8281/cdnwwwpbreviewcomdw6.th.jpg (http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cdnwwwpbreviewcomdw6.jpg)

pb34
09-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Thats it!!! Awesome so basically I just need a 90* fitting on the ASA and an inline Palmers Stab. Thats exactly what I needed to see. Thanks so much!

chnk
09-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Thats it!!! Awesome so basically I just need a 90* fitting on the ASA and an inline Palmers Stab. Thats exactly what I needed to see. Thanks so much!

no problem,

i was going to do the same mod but a cp reg is so much cheaper, :D

pb34
09-05-2007, 05:37 PM
no problem,

i was going to do the same mod but a cp reg is so much cheaper, :D

Haha, trust me I see where your coming from.

pb34
09-05-2007, 05:41 PM
Shunut, thanks for your help too and if I get some spare time I may just try some different cuts on the handle for fun. Who knows what could happen.

pbgrandpa
09-05-2007, 05:55 PM
pb34, here's how I did mine. Pretty simple.I had the exp chamber also.http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4826/mr2reg2kg5.jpg

pb34
09-06-2007, 02:37 AM
Oh ok, you just reversed the ASA and screwed the reg in there. I think I'm gunna go with the inline reg.