PDA

View Full Version : Evil Pipe Kit or Freak Kit

Warnichek
02-06-2006, 08:04 AM
For the money I could get the Evil Pipe Kit bit I know nothing about them. I have used (but do not own ) a Freak kit. But they are somewhat pricey.

What are your thoughts on the Evil Pipe Kit?

QAZ123
02-06-2006, 08:07 AM
I honestly haven't heard anything good about them everything I have heard has been negative! Is this for your sniper 2? If so I would go with the freak kit just cause sometimes you will probably use that uber small .679 insert!

JB.

Warnichek
02-06-2006, 08:23 AM
yea it's for my sniper. I think I will just shell out the money for the freak kit.

bigred76
02-06-2006, 07:23 PM
Why not get a Dye Ultralite and overbore with a .692 back?

QAZ123
02-06-2006, 07:30 PM
Why not get a Dye Ultralite and overbore with a .692 back?
He's putting it on a sniper 2.

JB.

Recon by Fire
02-06-2006, 07:30 PM
No experience with the Pipe kits but I have always been extremely happy with my Freak kit :)

Voodoo27909
02-07-2006, 08:34 AM
Iv used an EVIL pipe on my Spyders for a few years now...I have nothing but good things to say about the kit. Accurate, consistant, durable. I would try to get it in a twelve inch version if I had to do it over again, but other than that, two thumbs up. The only negative I have seen (Hasnt happened to me personally, but I have seen it...and heard of it from a few others) is that you can not go bashing it against tree stumps, or use it as a grappleing hook, because it is a somewhat thin barrel (Unlike, say, an Empire set which is very thick...). I have seen one break at the thread due to mis-use, and heard a few others say this happened to them as well, always though after telling how they collided with a bus or something similar.

SparkyGT
02-07-2006, 02:04 PM
I have been advised by some that it's better to get with the kit with the different sized backs, EVIL, J&J Edge, the reason they say is that the inserts on the freak are easy to mess up? Havent decided what to do myself yet. :confused:

TheRedBarron
02-07-2006, 05:04 PM
Different size backs are okay assuming you are only going to use the kit on one marker. I use my freak on all of my markers and simply have 1 back threaded for each marker. when it comes to multiple markers inserts win.