PDA

View Full Version : Best way to lane off break

Schecter1277
09-04-2007, 09:33 PM
I've never played back before(I normally shoot a pump) and I reciently got a semi. Whats the best method to lane, would you suggest aiming for the outside corners or more the middle/middle-inside. Like are you more likely to catch them right as they run or when they get closer to the bunkers. I'm thinking outsides since it seems when I get shot out on break it's right before I reach my bunker.

Anyway, any advice?

bigred76
09-04-2007, 09:59 PM
I like to play one of the back corner cans, and before running flat-out to my bunker, I sorta dilly-dally my way over towards it while laning. Shooting them before they get to their bunkers, and when they're closer together right off the break is optimum. Remember to have good form, and good play will shortly follow.

vikingshadow
09-05-2007, 04:46 AM
Well, it all depends on where you play and where you want to keep others from reaching.

I always choose an INSIDE corner of a bunker/snake - about 10-15 feet away from it, and just lay down a line of paint. If your opponent makes it past that lane, you need to have a secondary lane that you immediately switch too. For example, I always start on the inside, then switch to about 3 feet or so to the outside in case the overrun or overslide their bunker...that's IF I'm playing a back position that game, or my primary bunker is easily made off a delayed break.

If I have to go a ways, or playing mid, I just choose one lane, say the inside end of the snake - about 10-15 feet from the end, then when people start to make their bunkers, I haul butt to my primary.

Remember, it's not all about shooting someone out when you lane. It's about keeping them from getting into that particular bunker. If they don't make it, but you don't hit anyone, that's ok. At least that area's safe for awhile!

TheRedBarron
09-05-2007, 06:04 AM
Well said to both Vike and Tim. Between the two of you I dont have to say anything. I will make a post here before long with a few more pointers to look at though. stay tuned... hehe

Schecter1277
09-05-2007, 07:00 AM
So, basicly what youre saying is start out with a string down the middle(but 5-10 feet to the side) then work my way to the outside lanes?

Chris Cole
09-05-2007, 08:22 AM
When laning, aim low. If someone slides or dives, you will whiff. There is always a target down low regardless what else is going on.

NeedForSpeed
09-05-2007, 08:42 AM
When laning, aim low. If someone slides or dives, you will whiff. There is always a target down low regardless what else is going on.

That's often often over-looked but it's huge. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people slide under paint whether it be mine or someone elses. One of the worst feelings in the world.

Schecter1277
09-05-2007, 07:07 PM

That's one of the kinds of stuff I was hoping to get. To everyone that contributed thanks for the help. And if anyone has any other tips I'd love to know them. I don't play back, but I want to know everything about it. So that I can know what they are going to do, since it helps to be able to predict what will happen and teach noobs how to do it when stuck with the rentals or when I have to play back. :p

DRAGON
09-05-2007, 08:15 PM
I like to lane for the back bunkers off the break which are usually larger cans. There's always someone headed for them. Low is good because if anyone's headed for any bunkers in front of that that may cross your aim, there's a chance to divert to them instead if it's an easier take. Laning is like leading when using a shotgun or firearm. Preferably shotgun there's 2 ways to lead. 1)You either hold your aim ahead of the object and wait for it to cross your path and fire or 2)path the barrel across the moving object and just when it's past in front, fire. Paintball's a little easier since you can use a continual stream of paint. For shotgun I prefer 2 but paintball I like 1. You're basically firing a stream of paint and waiting for the opponent to run into it. In larger rec games of like 10-15 per side, it's easy to pick off 2 heading for the same back can just sustaining a stream to the inner side of the can or bunker -

Schecter1277
09-06-2007, 07:44 AM
I like to lane for the back bunkers off the break which are usually larger cans. There's always someone headed for them. Low is good because if anyone's headed for any bunkers in front of that that may cross your aim, there's a chance to divert to them instead if it's an easier take. Laning is like leading when using a shotgun or firearm. Preferably shotgun there's 2 ways to lead. 1)You either hold your aim ahead of the object and wait for it to cross your path and fire or 2)path the barrel across the moving object and just when it's past in front, fire. Paintball's a little easier since you can use a continual stream of paint. For shotgun I prefer 2 but paintball I like 1. You're basically firing a stream of paint and waiting for the opponent to run into it. In larger rec games of like 10-15 per side, it's easy to pick off 2 heading for the same back can just sustaining a stream to the inner side of the can or bunker -
I'm kind of worried about this shotgun reference.

mv540
09-06-2007, 09:56 AM
lol

calebh
09-06-2007, 12:34 PM
then switch to about 3 feet or so to the outside in case the overrun or overslide their bunker...
in indoor games, when the turf gets really slick, this happens more than you'd think. use it to your advantage. when it's muddy outside, this can happen as well. either that, or the player will get stuck in the open.

Theheroguy
09-06-2007, 01:16 PM
ya aim low

I was sliding for a bunker once and a kid (im assuming a newer player or just a jerk) either didn't see or didn't care and they ran for the bunker pushing me out very violently and I got hit by some guy laning low on the other side....